“Amazing”

Dining options: Breakfast
Galt, California
“Amazing”
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

There is not a lot of good places good to at eat in Galt. This is one of them. The food is great. The atmosphere and the service is very good as well.

“Super Portions of Delicious Food!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Our party of four stopped in to Velvet Grill for a new experience. We tried some of their fabulous home made soups, huge fresh salads, and wonderful sandwiches. For dessert, we tried several of their wonderful ice creams and sundaes. They have indoor and outdoor seating. The service is fast and friendly. We will definitely come back again!

NC
“Wow! Amazing homemade ice cream”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This restaurant is new to Galt since my last visit (August 2012), and what a great addition it is. I ate there twice this visit and really enjoyed the pastrami sandwich and homemade tomato basil soup. The last visit I enjoyed a salad and yummy clam chowder. I hear the butternut squash soup is to die for, but alas, there was none either time. My favorite part about this place is the "itsy-bitsy"--a kid's scoop (but still plenty large enough for an after dinner treat) of homemade ice cream. I had samples of many, but ended up with toasted coconut one time and coffee the next. I could literally eat here every day and just go down the list of ice cream. Prices are reasonable, service is great, and the food is very nice. Can't wait to go back on my next trip.

Visited December 2013
Long Beach, California
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Galt was just an overnight stop on our trip from southern California to Oregon. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at the Creamery. My husband had the chicken fried steak and said it was the best gravy he has had in quite a while. I had the fish tacos which were also excellent. The tacos each had a good sized piece of fish like you would find in an order of fish and chips. The fish was just the right texture.. We did not partake of the homemeade ice cream but found the "flight" of ice creams intriquing. Luckily we were not tempted because the meals were very satisfying. We were on the road for 17 days and this was definitely our favorite meal. Simple but tasty. The restaurant is fairly new and very clean. The service was good; prices were reasonable It was not crowded when we were there. I wish we had realized before getting home that they also had a restaurant in Monterey. i would have preferred that over Bubba Gumps.

Visited September 2013
Galt
“Nice little place”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

A nice breakfast/lunch place. Much better than Micky"D's"
Just what you would expect and good fare. Can be crowded and noisy. Trains are nearby, so sitting outside can be wary.

Visited May 2013

Been to Velvet Grill and Creamery? Share your experiences!