“Good Value if not picky”

Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
Reviewed June 10, 2012

There is nothing "wrong" per se with this hotel. For $70-$80 you can't go wrong near Disneyland and close to the Brea Mall. Note management "responds" to every review and this is not only a good sign but it is a new owner and they are clearly making improvements since their acquisition. Some things you should know however. While we were here there were several youth basketball teams staying here for a tournament, and a very large group of non-english speaking Chinese. Result--- very crowded breakfast if you did not go between 6 and 7 a.m., lots of noise at night with constant slamming of room doors until about 11:30 pm. At check-in I asked about our location and was told the teams were "on the other side" but that simply was not true.The Chinese were all over the parking lot, halls and pool doing Tai Chi exercise (cool to watch but strange choice of locations), and they tended to push every button for every floor in the elevator because it appeared many had never been in an elevator before. My best friend lives in Fullerton and informs me this hotel is "famous" for housing large "groups".
If you are budget conscious, then go for it. Typical continental breakfast with rolls, cereal, waffle iron etc (no eggs and bacon etc). Rooms were clean, service personnel pleasant and responsive. Rooms were not "suites" but larger than average and did have a small mini-fridge. Pool and hot tub was clean and they provide pool towels. A/C provided by the typical "motel" wall units that can keep you up going on and off if you are a light sleeper. Plenty of hot water and showerhead was better than average. Four floors. Free wireless internet, parking and continental breakfast. NO fitness room but it would not surprise me if new management installed one in the near future.Relatively safe area of town. Lots of great restaurants in adjacent Brea and Fullerton.
If this review was helpful to you, please indicate so and enjoy your stay in Southern California!

Room Tip: Ask if there is a group or groups, and if so, see if you can be located away from them. Get a commit...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Muscrat442
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

We always try to offer value and higher standards for Days Inn brand. It is our pleasure that you choose our hotel and we thank you for taking the time to write your kind review.

It is always a pleasure for us to be of service to all of our guests and we look forward to serving your accommodation needs again in the future.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at days inn. It wasn't very easy to fun though cause Ye address says east imperial hwy but when putting it into the gps, you wouldn't put east. The rooms were very clean and they had a nice 40inch screen tv. The hotel itself was very clean. I would definitely stay again when I come back to la. It's close to diamond bar . About a 15 minute drive. The breakfast wasn't bad. Assortment of yogurts, pastries, 2 cereals, waffle maker ( it was pretty amazing !!), 4 juices, milk and coffee. I would highly recommend people to attract here !!!

• Stayed: May 2012
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

It is our main goal to insure our guests are satisfied with the service and accommodations we offer. We appreciate our guests taking the time to write the reviews and we do take your comments and complaints seriously and we always strive to offer more value to all our guests.

We know that you have many choices and we truly appreciate you choosing our hotel for your accommodation. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

We were looking for a place to stay during our trip to Disneyland. I spent hours over a couple of weeks searching for hotels and couldn't seem to find any decently-priced with free parking. This hotel was offering a discount for a 3-day stay. We stayed Monday through Wednesday.

Contintental breakfast was included: yogurt, cereal, waffles, juice, coffee, muffins, some danishes. On Mondays, breakfast ends at 10 am but it's available longer the rest of the week.

There is an outdoor, heated pool; however, we visited in December so it wasn't warm enough to go in. The hot tub was ok. The negative is that access to the pool and hot tub ends at 9 pm.

The only negative about the room (#304) is that the bathroom light wasn't working properly. I turned it on, and it didn't light up. I hit the reset button and tried again; it was fine. However, later I tried it again, and even after 5 attempts, it didn't come on. I came back 15 minutes later, and it worked fine. I reported it upon checkout, so I assume they'll take care of it. One other note about the bathroom light: When it's on for about 15 minutes, it shuts off. I'm not sure if this is related to the issue above, or if it's on a timer.

Spending two full days into both nights at Disneyland, we just needed a place to be able to sleep, and this hotel met that need. If I was looking for a place to spend a lot of my day at, I would pick a different one.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bballrun
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

It is always a pleasure for us to know that our guests are satisfied with our facility. We know that we can not be perfect but we always strive to offer you, our guest, value for every dollar you spend at our hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and we appreciate the fact that you have chosen our hotel for your stay. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 22, 2011

We came into La Habra for my nieces wedding the first week in Nov. and stayed for 5 days. First I'd like to say that the room was fairly clean. The big problem that I had was that the bed was just awful! That was the worst bed I have ever slept on. It was so hard and flat that my hips and back hurt ever morning from having to sleep on it. The hotel needs to replace there matresses...period! When you pay for a room you expect the room to be clean and the bed to be comfortable. The bed was so bad that if I could have left the hotel for some place else I would have done so. Please do something about your beds or your going to have customers that will not return again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terri227891
Management response:Responded November 30, 2011

We appreciate all our guests comments and reviews and we take them very seriously. In this case we will do whatever it takes to remedy the situation and insure that any beds that are as bad as the reviewer discribed is replaced immediately and in fact we are working on replacing not just the mattress but also the bed covers, drapes and much more.

We thank all of our guests for their understanding and we are always working on improving our hotel image and amentities for our guests. We know you have many choices in choosing where to stay and we appreciate you choosing our hotel.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

I've been to Fullerton several months ago with my friends. With the good location of this hotel, it is really convenient for my trip and parking is free, so is the wifi, that's nice. Room is quite clean from what i saw. And breakfast has lots of chinese foods, and they are quite delicious. Really deserve the price, get what you want.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank archxia
Management response:Responded July 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We always work hard to insure that all our guests are satisfied and their stay is as comfortable as possible.

I look forward to your next visit and once again thank you for your kind words and review.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Very nice Hotel!! Since it was just renovated in this year, the room is very nice and clean~~especially the bed is very comfortable. Nice pool outside for enjoying sunshine. Free breakfast with lots of choices. Staff there are very knowledgeable and nice, always glad to help! Good location with a nice mall nearby. The price is very reasonable and would highly recommend to choose this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank paulyu
Management response:Responded July 25, 2011

It is always a pleasure to serve our guests and exceed their expectations. We appreciate your kind comments and we look forward to serving your lodging needs in the future. All guests are welcome to contact management for any comments, suggsetions or complaints. Thank you for allowing us to serve you at the Days Inn & Suites Heritage Hotel in Fullerton.

Reviewed July 3, 2011

The price was good, but let me point out a few things you should be aware of before you come here. First, the check in time is 3pm, but be prepared to not be allowed to check in until 3:30 - 4:00. Also, if you are looking for a hot tub, keep looking, the one here does not work. The pool is small for a hotel this size and so dirty, you can't see to the bottom of the pool, the water is cloudy....too scared to get in. We rented 2 rooms because of the size of our party. One room smelled like moldy carpet. The shower was interesting, because throughout the shower, the water went from freezing cold to scaulding hot! That was with no one in the bathroom using the toilet or sink. The walls are pretty thin and you can hear and feel the vibrations of the neighbors yelling. The breakfast was interesting. The foood was catered to Asians, even though many of the people staying in the hotel were not Asian. I thought I was getting a bowl for cream of wheat to find out it was really a bowl of very soggy rice. Next to the soggy rice was something that looked like stir fried ptoatoes and onions,...not even close, it was a pickled vegetable thing that was so salty, I could hear my arteries get hard! No towels offered at the pool, so if you are brave enough to try to pool, make sure you bring your own towel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
heritageinnfullerton, General Manager at Days Inn & Suites Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2011

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor. We encourage all of our guests to leave their reviews in order for us to improve our service, our training, our cleanliness and any area that is of concern to our guests.

As of May of this year we aquired the Days Inn franchise and we are working hard to improve in all areas. We have remodeled our lobbies and working on the hallways and the rooms. We have a plan to complete the renovation of all property by the end of 2012.

We have recently hired a new pool cleaning service company to insure the issue with our pool & spa are resolved and our guests will be able to use all available amenities at all times. My sincere apology for your experience this past weekend.

We are working on enhancing our breakfast to include hot items as well as more variety of sweet breads, dounts, bagles and cream cheese. Fruits also will be available and much more. Please give us a chance to serve you in the future and I assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County

Been to Days Inn & Suites Fullerton? Share your experiences!