“Nice layout” 3 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“Nice layout”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Could never and still don't understand why my family likes to go here better than any other in Fullerton. I am beginning to think the place has plenty of
space around the tables for groups larger than 4. And it is easy to find and walk right into. The food has always been OK and maybe it's because I haven't
given the chef a chance to be creative.

• Visited June 2013

Pueblo, Colorado
“Great place for a nice evening out or romantic date”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

The food, service, and atmosphere are excellent and there is anice patios for dining al fresco. They ahve an excellent menu and wine list, and you should probably make a reservation on weekends.

Visited May 2013
“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

NIcely designed room, but over air-conditioned when we were there last. Food is well-prepared but the servers were overly solicitous..almost obsequious, compared to the ones there formerly. Change of owners, possibly

Visited February 2013
1 Thank jodyl
oregon
“Good food but service was slow”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I recently met a friend in downtown Fullerton for dinner. Because she lives in the LA area, she looked up restaurants and picked Cafe Hidalgo. She said the fusion menu with South American flair sounded interesting to her. I had never been to Fullerton and was pleased to find the downtown lively with easy nighttime street parking.
I got there first and the wait staff was confused about where to seat me. There was a wedding party happening in the back according to a sign on the door. I ended up seated by the front door which made it convenient to find my friend. The front room of the restaurant was very noisy.
We ordered drinks which never came. After 15 min., my friend got up and asked a service provider and he brought us drinks apologetically. I didn't pay the bill so don't know if the restaurant comped them or not.
We ended up having to ask if we could order dinner. The food was delicious. Crab cakes and scallops were delicious. As the restaurant emptied, service got better.
Great food, spotty service, cute downtown...

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank nkwins
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Scallops!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Service is always excellent and the menu is full of delicious items! We go for the scallops! They are simply delightful!

Visited August 2012