“Always a good time”

Chomp Sushi & Teppan Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Chomp Sushi & Teppan Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 380 Restaurants in Fullerton
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Latin
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Though usually crowded and loud, a good time is always had by all. The Bar is tiny, as is the waiting area. Gets really crowded on weekends and the food isnt cheap. Though a bit pricier, I found the sushi to be above average for the area, and you can't skip the sake bombs!

1  Thank OC_BH

Reviewed November 23, 2011

I recently had the opportunity to revisit Chomp on a business trip to Fullerton, and was pleased to see that it was as good as my last visit. I can't comment on the food at the Teppan tables, though the show looked pretty good viewed from the Sushi Bar. The sushi is superb here. The portions are large enough that two rolls will be too much, and the fish is really fresh. No fishy smell at this sushi bar. Add in a good selection of beer and friendly, attentive staff, and you have the recipe for a great evening.

One word of warning, though. Fullerton has the highest kerbs of any city I've ever visited. My colleague scraped the paint off the bottom of the passenger door when he opened it.

Arrive early if you don't like waiting around at weekends. There were probably 20-30 people waiting to get in by the time we left the restaurant at about 7.30pm on Friday night.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Chomp has a very trendy, loud atmosphere going on. The music is quite loud, but things like that can add to the fun of a dining experience sometimes (especially with Chomp's teppanyaki show).

The teppanyaki portions are huge, and they only permit sharing with an extra fee, so I chose to order a roll. I'm not a big sushi fan at all (texture really gets me and I'm particular with fish), but I wanted to be a sport so I ordered the popcorn lobster roll ... and I'd order it again. It probably was one of their more "Americanized" rolls, but hey! It was tasty, so what else matters when you're writing a review on food? I was very pleased as someone who is skiddish around sushi.

Additionally, my friend and I shared the green tea ice cream. Wow! The thing was huge, with blackberry sauce and what seemed like fried waffle cone (though I'm sure that's not what it was) around it. Loved it! I'd recommend this place for parties and just for going out. It's a fun place. Sceney, but fun. I will note though that they are a busy place, and so our green tea ice cream kinda got lost in the shuffle for a few minutes. We had to make sure our waitress was checking on things.

Reviewed August 27, 2010

Very good sushi!

Reviewed August 8, 2010

Great place! This is definitely one of the better sushi places in Fullerton. The restaurant is nice, kid friendly, huge sushi bar.
My only complaint would be the sushi menu seems like it needs to have some more specialty rolls added to it.