All reviews the concierge lounge front desk easy access parking garage california state university under renovation hotel is located would stay here again business trip pleasant stay an older hotel southern california minute drive lobby freeway csu gym
Reviewed February 27, 2009

I stayed at this property for 3 nights and it was everything you should expect from a full-service Marriott. The room was clean. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The restaurant had acceptable food and was open late. I arrived late on a Sunday night and was pleasantly surprised that the restaurant served until midnight. If I got back to the area in the future, I'll definitely stay there again.

Date of stay: February 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Khill0
Reviewed February 18, 2009

I stayed at the Fullerton Marriot on February 14 as I was visiting some relatives in the area. I paid a rate of $116 with my AAA card. All in all the hotel was nice. The staff was friendly and I was able to check in early (at around 1130am) and the requests that I had made via the virtual concierge (extra pillows, high floor room) were waiting for me when I arrived. The rooms were great, with comfy beds, nice linens and a large plasma screen TV. The only complaints I had were that the robes that were supposed to be in the room were not and the TV only had about 15 channels. I also wish they had free high speed internet. If the price was right I would stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank alvernochick
Reviewed December 29, 2008

I stay at hotels in the area to visit family during the holidays, and I chose to stay at the Marriott because it was a little bit cheaper than other hotels in the area. We stayed during thanksgiving and couldn't have been more unimpressed. First, the hotel is almost underneath the freeway (I can't believe people haven't mentioned this before). Check-
in was slow, the breakfast they had in the morning was very bare bones and lackluster. The outside of the hotel doesn't look very appealing. Lastly, there is nothing in the area food wise that is really very good. I decided to try out the Embassy Suites Brea when my husband and I came down for Christmas, and although it was a little bit more expensive, it was a much nicer hotel, with much better accommodations! They have free cocktails and snacks each evening, and a cooked to order breakfast yum! The ES is better than the Marriott hands down!

Date of stay: November 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank hipster12
Reviewed July 31, 2008

The manager bent over backwards to make our stay very pleasant. The hotel was booked and we needed to check in by 1:00 p. m. and it did not look possible, but 20 mins later the manager said, he could put us in a suite and get us checked in. Wow! That was great. Plus everything I need after that, the staff took care of right away. My grandkids live near by and I have always enjoyed and looked forward to my stay here, very clean, quite and all around comfort; lobby, pool, weight room & etc. Plus, there brunch is one of the best; it is an added treat during my visit.

Date of stay: July 2008
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 10, 2008

I went to northern Orange County on a family visit, and didn't particularly want to stay in the bustle of the Disneyland area. I chose this hotel because of its #1 status on TripAdvisor.

All the reviews are accurate; check-in went smoothly with no waiting. Hotel personnel were ALWAYS friendly and helpful.

My room was spotlessly clean and in perfect condition. There was a bottle of Fiji drinking water if I wanted to pay $5 for it. That, along with the few items in an alcove next to the front desk, was more than just a bit overpriced so I went to the mini-market nearby (there's several of them just under the 57 freeway overpass on Nutwood) for whatever provisions I needed.

I'm allergic to feather down pillows and awoke the second morning with my eyes all red and puffy. A quick request to the front desk for synthetic pillows not only had the pillows in my room when I returned, but replacement blankets for the comforter on the bed; I hadn't realized it, too, was feather down. The hotel made the choice for me, and I was very grateful for it. I probably wouldn't have noticed on my own and would have wondered why my stay was punctuated with a runny nose and watery eyes. Thank you, Marriott Fullerton!

A note about parking: while the spaces up front are usually full, there is a parking garage in back with easy access to the lobby.

Kudos to the Marriott for a job well done! I will certainly be back!

Date of stay: January 2008