“Good for one night. Centrally located”

Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Me and my wife were looking to spend our first night away from our baby and get a little rest. We booked the hotel through priceline bidding service and were glad it was centrally located to food, entertainment, etc.

The room was a little outdated, set up a little strange but was big enough to room 2 adults and maybe a child. The bathroom was spacious enough and the tv was nice. The hotel itself was fairly outdated but not too bad. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and there was always someone at the front desk.

The biggest plus was definitely that it was close to the mall, freeway and food/bars. I wouldn't go back just because it's nothing special but it was an average stay with no negatives.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jasmin R, Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2014

Mr. Perez,

First and foremost, congratulations on the baby! That is always good news! Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a quick review. I am glad that we were able to provide what you were looking for in regards to a centralized location to different venues/restaurants in the area.

You are correct to say that we are in need of a renovation and I am happy to say that one is coming soon as we are starting with the lobby in November and the room are to come shortly after that. If you are uncertain with staying with us until then, I cannot be upset with that. But I would certainly hope that you visit us when we have completed our "facelift".

I hope that you and your wife continue to have an amazing time with the new baby!!!

Jasmin Randle
Assistant General Manager
Fullerton Marriott Hotel

There are newer reviews for Fullerton Marriott at California State University

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This hotel is a great location for visiting or working with CSF. Stayed here a few days for work project. Hotel is showing it's age in some areas, but they are trying to keep thins up. Staff is friendly and we had what we needed. If Mariott is making some money on this property, they may wish to invest in some updates and upgrades.
Comfortable and business worthy. On-site bar and restaurant (at there for breakfast buffet, which was good and average).
Would return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2014

An older but very nice property. Easy access on and off the freeway and sits at the very edge of the CSU, Fullerton campus. Great location, lots of restaurants in the area. Comfortable rooms. Staff is very friendly.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stayed for business and I thought the rooms were okay, but overall you can tell this is an older hotel. The bar area was nice and it was very accessible from the highway, but with no noise. There were no cleanliness or other issues for any of us, but it's not like you'll remember this as one of the best hotels you've ever been inside. I think the highlight of the stay was the staff which were all very friendly and helpful. For the price and location, it is a great option and if we return for business in the same area, we'll probably stay again.

1  Thank Chase E
Reviewed April 14, 2014

They mean it when they say "at CSU", as in, not adjacent, but ON the campus. You share a parking garage with students, potentially. That's not a bad thing, but it should temper your expectations.
While check-in was quick, and the area was good for access to the CSU and a bunch of other restaurants, the entire experience is not that of a Marriott. They really should rebrand to Courtyard or something similar. There are always at least a handful of (presumably) students in the lobby or restaurant, and while it's not loud or annoying (usually), it creates an odd atmosphere- like your room is above a food court or something.
The room was small- just enough room for the desk, chair, and king bed, and the little hallway with the closet and bathroom door was very cramped. This works almost perfectly for one person, but I can't imagine it with anymore people.
I appreciated the value of the ~$80 rate I paid, for being close to what I needed and for better amenities than you'd find at other hotels in the price range, but it *still* did not feel like a Marriott- most notably, the internet was free, and that alone is quite different from the brand standard!
I can't say much more about anything else, because the mozzarella sticks I ordered at the on-site restaurant gave me food poisoning that night, and I really didn't get to enjoy the rest of my stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Had a horrible recent weekend stay. Checked in on a Friday, went to bed early at 9pm (well, that's early for me!) was woken up by a group of men making much noise out by the pool. The pool closes at 11pm so I waited till 1130pm still noisey...called the front desk...they said they would "handle" the situation...MIDNITE...still very noisey...called the front desk...1230am called the front desk...waited 15 minutes, still noisey...got dressed and went to the front desk. Was told that the group had just left the building. I'm thinking, "If they were'nt staying at the hotel why were they there AND why were they allowed to disturb paying guests such as myself."

The answer would never come.

Sunday night after watching the season premiere of "Game of Thrones" at 10pm I settled in for what I thought would be a quiet night.

WRong. Wrong. and Double Wrong.

At 1130pm I was again awakened by extreme noise coming from outside my window. A group of young people were acting - talking - and being loud, rude, and crude. I immediately called the front desk and told them of the noise and my concerns about this group. The front desk staff ignored me and told me that they had things under control, telling me that the group would be leaving soon.
The front desk took no action and within one half and hour the group was fighting,..No brawling at the front entrance of the hotel. After a few of the group were beaten they hastily departed, just missing the Police that the hotel was forced to call.
I got little to no sleep that night.
On a different note, I found a fading brown "skid mark" on one of my white bath towels. Yuck...Yuck... and double Yuck.

2  Thank Daniel H
Jasmin R, Front Office Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2014

Daniel H

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your last experience with us! I apologize that you had to go through such an ordeal in regards to my staff having to call the police. Unfortunately, the weekends in Fullerton do not always bring the quietest guests and I know that my staff do what is in their power to handle the situation, however at times it is in the best interest of our guests, the front desk staff, and the hotel in general to allow law enforcement to handle such situations as they are more experienced to do so. Nonetheless, a call should have been made earlier than what it was.

We have taken a proactive approach in preventing a similar situation from happening again which will include my Night Audit team taking property walks around the hotel during the weekend and during days in which we are at high occupancy as to prevent a problem from happening before it starts. The same is to be said about the closing time of the pool area.

So again, I thank you for bringing these matters to our attention and we are doing what we can to prevent them from occurring again.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We enjoyed our recent stay at this family friendly hotel. The decor is out dated and can use some sprucing up though. Our room was clean, well stocked and comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. Easy access to hotel from the Fwy 57 and next door to Cal State Fullerton University. Budget Friendly eateries within a mile from the hotel (Denny's, Jack-in-Box and The Habit Burger Grill). Outdoor Pool and Jacuzzi area a plus. Our overall stay was well worth the $.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large, quieter and near emergency exits (especially comforting after experiencing...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TheresaZ_11
Jasmin R, Front Office Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

Dear TheresaZ_11,

First and foremost, I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback and experience with us! There is no doubt that without the feedback of our guests, we would not be conscious of the areas that are in need of improvement at our property, as well as those areas that deserve a pat on the back.

Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel staff as well as noticing the cleanliness of our guest rooms. Our Housekeeping staff take great pride in the work that they put into each guest room, so it is nice to see it get recognized. I will be sure to pass along the praises! Our hotel is a bit dated and in need of a renovation and I am excited to say that it is in the plans for this year! I would love to start it as soon as possible, but I have not been made aware of the start date quite yet.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave your feedback!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim

Been to Fullerton Marriott at California State University? Share your experiences!