I was here for some business meetings. The location is handy, right off the freeway and close to the college (Cal State Fullerton) . On entering the lobby I passed a very dated looking "Pub" and felt like I had just wandered into the 80's. My immediate thought was "this place could use an update". My room was on the 4th floor and as I walked the hallway to the room, I noticed multiple patches of wall paper missing all along the hallway, apparently some type of repair work had been done to the wall and the wallpaper had not been replaced.It looked pretty ragged. The room was small and somewhat dated with very sparse look, more like a hospital room or barracks than a hotel. The furnishings were dated and worn. The towels were thin and some had a noticeable gray tint, kind of shabby looking. The carpet had a worn appearance and it looked like it needed a deep cleaning. Overall, there was a lot of residual dirt, not outright filth, but the kind that builds up over years and will not come out with a simple wipe down. You could see this along joints, seams, and areas where two surfaces meet (example there was a brown line of dirt along the top and side of the light switch plates on the walls.) This is a very poor example of a Marriott hotel, probably the worst Marriott I've stayed at in the U.S. There are a lot of nicer hotels a few miles south in Anaheim (including Marriott, Hilton and other name brand chains). Next time I'm in the area I'll skip this place and move a few miles south.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at Fullerton Marriott at California State University for a well-planned and enjoyable business trip, campus visit, family trip or romantic weekend away. Our hotel in Fullerton, California sits steps from the California State University, Fullerton campus and within a short drive or taxi ride of Orange County, California's best beaches. We offer comfortable guest rooms, public spaces and meeting venues that make it easy and pleasant to work or or enjoy a leisure trip. At our hotel, take advantage of our complimentary parking, on-site restaurant, swimming pool and fitness center. Nearby, delight in famous attractions like Disneyland Resort in Anaheim, Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park and the surf and sand in Huntington Beach and Newport Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fullerton Marriott at California State University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fullerton Marriott At California State University Hotel Fullerton
- Marriott Fullerton
- Marriott California State University
- Fullerton Marriott At California State University CA - Orange County