“Good Hotel with one big Issue”

Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 10, 2014

This is a good hotel in an upscale immediate surrounding area. You can expect a very clean room with everything working. Even the exhaust in the bathroom.

The big issue with this hotel is the Wi-Fi. It does not work. I was informed that the hotel had installed a new service but my service timed out for every web site I tried to reach. I reported this to management and they sent a technician to fix the problem. Still no web.

I stayed on the concierge level in #623. This is right in front of the elevators which I thought might be a problem but it was not even though the hotel was full.

Lots of free parking and good rates makes this hotel an excellent choice.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank agia

Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is right next door to California State University Fullerton (CSUF), Hope International University and right of off of the very busy 57 freeway.
Service, staff, and management at this hotel are all first class and work very hard to provide the guest with a great enjoyable stay. How do I now???? Well, I have personally stayed in this hotel over 50 times in the last couple of year.... and this hotel seems to be a training ground, promoting and sending out managers for various top rated hotels in Orange County such as the Westin and the five star Resort at Pelican Hill.
Within a short 5 minute walk from the hotel there is a Carls Jr. located right on the CSUF campus. Across the street from the hotel is a strip mall the contains The Habit hamburger joint, Which Which (sandwhiches), Flame Broiler(chicken/beef bowls), a coffee/waffle place, and a sit down type Mexican restaurant.
If you are driving within a 3 mile radius there are literally 50 different other eateries from gourmet to fast food.
There is a Walmart and the Brea Mall within a 10 minute drive.
The hotel is an slightly older hotel, bus the rooms are clean and the beds are super comfortable.

Room Tip: If you can get a room on the Concierge Level - 6th Floor. This floor has access to a lounge that fr...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Daniel H
Reviewed November 25, 2013

First, let me start off by saying that I read all the negative reviews and was a little concerned about booking a stay here. I am use to nice rooms with lots of amenities and did not want a shabby, run down hotel in need of repairs or refurbishments. The Hotel looks nice from the outside when you drive up. I'm thinking, this looks great. I check in and was greeted by the friendliest front desk staff I have had in a very long time. The young man was very accomodating to my request for a poolside room. The room was not outdated for my taste and was very clean. The King bed was very comfortable. The grandkids, age 6-8, enjoyed the pool and jacuzzi. I recomend the buffet breakfast which had a very good assortment of fruit, ceral, pastries, meats, potatoes, belgin waffles with strawberries & blueberries, & cooked to order eggs or omlets. I will definately make this my stay when going to Disneyland in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a King Room facing the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank bako
Kimberly R, Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Dear bako,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am so happy that you were able to experience our property for yourself. Our team does a wonderful job of accommodating all of our guests needs. We know how important it is for guests to feel comfortable and relaxed when traveling.
I appreciate you mentioning some of your favorite amenities that we offer. The restaurant that we have on property serves breakfast, lunch and dinner so that you can satisfy your hunger needs any time of day.

We hope to see you back for your next Disney trip!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Excellent location right off the 57 freeway, about 10-15 minutes from Disneyland. Less than 10 minutes from Arrowhead Pond and Angels Stadium. Good breakfast buffet and staff. Front desk manager Nora gave us great dining recommendation! We will be back...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Richard R
Kimberly R, Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Richard R,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. I appreciate you mentioning some of the wonderful attractions that are located near us. The Honda Center (formally known as Arrowhead Pond) hosts many hockey games, concerts and shows. The Angels Baseball Stadium is always great to visit for an good ‘ol American pastime.

I hope Nora's recommendation was delicious! See you again very soon.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

In Brea for work, we stayed at the Marriott Fullerton for 3 nights. As a loyal Marriott Platinum Elite Member, I try to stay at Marriott facilities during travels. Unfortunately, this choice was a mistake.

Unfortunately, this facility is very old and has not been renovated in quite some time. Beds were in touch shape (my back hurt for 3 days), the bathrooms were dark and old, and ventilation in rooms was limited.

Staff was not the best, with exception of evening Concierge Lounge host (Shirley?). She was outstanding and one of the only reasons why I may go back to this facility once renovated. Overall, not a pleasant stay and I would suggest looking for other options in Fullerton until this facility is renovated.

Room Tip: Tried two and neither were good.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank softballmom18

Dear softballmom18,

First and foremost, thank you for going out of your way to write a review on your recent stay with us. Second, I would like to apologize that your stay was not up to par. As a Platinum Elite Member, we understand how much time and commitment you dedicate to Marriott’s. I agree that our property has experienced some ware and tear, with that being said, we are in the process of planning major renovations.

We would love for the opportunity to make things right. Please feel free to contact us so that we can have the opportunity exceed your expectations.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Right on campus, so you can simply & safely walk anywhere on campus - really convienient for us as our family is from the UK & our son has travelled to be a Freshman at the University. The hotel is a reasonable standard, rooms good although could use a fridge. The gym & pool are modest in size, however very clean & with modern facilities & equipment. The hotel bar & restuarant are a good standard too. Student discount made the cost affordable. Easy parking & access to all routes made this all round good experience.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear MB19,

Wow, I am sure the trip from the UK to the US was long and hectic. Luckily, you enjoyed a clean and comfortable stay that allowed you watch your son begin his new endeavor at Cal State Fullerton.

I am happy to see that our amenities such as our: restaurant, parking and pool really put the cherry on top of your trip. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Parking was a breeze and the hotel easy to navigate. Hotel front desk were very helpful in getting our room checked in quickly. They had a large group check in at the same time, yet were willing to help us

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear TravelingDeuce,

I appreciate your review; it was short and “suite”. I am most glad to read that the team assisted you even with a large group checking in.

Come back again soon!

Social Media Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Residence Inn Anaheim Placentia/Fullerton
Holiday Inn Express Fullerton

Been to Fullerton Marriott at California State University? Share your experiences!