“Good Hotel.. fair pricing”

Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed here for 1night.
Room was little old but comfort and cozy to sleep...
quiet as well my room was in top floor though.
They also have a club lounge and self parking structure(Free).
This was the only Marriott hotel doesn't charge parking fee.
Good hotel for 1night biz staying.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly R, Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear jayk333,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read you had an enjoyable stay during your business trip. I like to highlight one great amenity that we offer: free parking. I am happy to see that it was very convenient for you during your stay.

We hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I have been to this hotel many times. We seem to have all of our work meetings at this hotel. I would say this hotel is average. In my opinion it needs to be updated. The carpet in the hallways is worn and dingy. The rooms are so-so. I will say the staff is always friendly. If I didn't have to stay here for work, I would probably search out other hotels in the area.

1  Thank BeckiandJames

Dear BeckiandJames,

I appreciate your review whilst here on business. I apologize that our rooms have not had the ability to exceed your expectations . Rest assured that we will be experiencing major renovations very shortly. Needless to say, I am so proud that the team never fails to accommodate you when you stay.

We would love to see you back not just for business but for a leisure trip as well. Please contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed here for a night while in the area on business. King room was $170 per night. Good location right off the 57 freeway. It is basically right on the Cal State Fullerton Campus.

Decent size pool and hottub outside. The bar/restaurant is an Irish Pub theme and the food was pretty good for dinner. Breakfast was also above average.

I'd stay again if I needed to be in that area.

Dear RobScott1975,

I am so glad this stay was more than convenient for your business trip. I am happy to see that you took a break from work to enjoy our outdoor pool and hot tub. Hopefully the next time that you return it will be for leisure trip.

Thank you again!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wife and I stayed in a King bedroom. Bed was so comfortable! Flat screen tv with a gazillion channels! Everything was very clean! Close to tons of food/shopping just a few blocks down Nutwood and around the corner. Close to Disneyland too, and a freeway right nearby for easy access to anywhere.
In the morning (maybe all the time for the water?) this hotel had fresh water in the lobby with watermelon in it to give it a cool-down melony taste, and free coffee in the lobby too in the morning!
TIP: Recommend eat breakfast across the street at Jay's cafe for great homemade waffles with up to 25 toppings at no extra charge, tons of fresh fruit toppings, for $4.44.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobbyfranky

Dear bobbyfranky,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I also appreciate all of your future recommendations. You are correct; there are so many shopping and dining options within only a five minute drive from us. The Brea Mall offers stores such as: Nordstroms, Macy’s, Forever 21 and restaurants such as the Cheesecake Factory, BJ’s Restaurant Brewhouse and many more! And with the freeway so close to us, it makes the trip just as convenient!

Come back soon to check out the rest of our “gazillion” channels!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Everyone went beyond the call of duty, especially Howard, the assistant manager,and jasmine were very helpful. I can't walk very good and between the two of them they got the shuttle for me to go to my granddaughters Masters graduation,something I didn't want to miss act, everyone from the desk clerk to the waiters and waitresses were very nice and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear CJanh,

Wow, I cannot be more proud of the team for going above and beyond! Thank you so much for sharing your stay with all of us. We definitely will acknowledge Howard and Jasmine on their excellent customer service.

I hope your granddaughters graduation went well and send her a big CONGRATS from everyone at the property!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was traveling for a business trip. The hotel is located right of interstate @ edge of Cal State Fullerton campus. Rooms were clean, lobby is very bright & clean. Restaurant was on site & had breakfast there each day. Food was good & reasonable.

Only problem I had was it took the water in my shower a few minutes to warm up. I informed the hotel manager about it & he has taken steps to fix the problem

I would recommend this property especially if you are traveling on business.

Room Tip: Quiet room @ end of hallway

Dear kmacw3kids,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at our property. I absolutely agree when you mention that our property is perfect for traveling on business. With our meeting space and complimentary WIFI, it provides a perfect atmosphere for our business guests.

I am sorry you experienced a minor issue during your stay. I am so glad that management took action and resolved the issue for you.

Thank you again for your review and don’t hesitate to contact our sales team for your next business trip!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

If you are doing anything at the Fullerton campus, this is where you want to stay. It's on-campus and within a few walking minutes to the dorms.
It's a lovely hotel with modern furnishings. The rooms were comfortable and spacious. Internet has a fee unless you are a member of their rewards program.
The restaurant and bar downstairs are well-designed. It was a nice place to sit and enjoy a drink. While you can walk to nearby restaurants and Target, it is not convenient. It's best to drive and the parking is free. Everything is an easy drive as the interstate is right there.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear polarspeech,

Thank you for your awesome response. You are absolutely correct in stating that we are convenient and close to Cal State University of Fullerton, in fact, we are right across the street.

Our Irish themed pub is the perfect place for a drink. Being that we also serve breakfast, lunch and dinner, it’s a convenient bite to eat as well!

Social Media Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
3 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Fullerton
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel

Been to Fullerton Marriott at California State University? Share your experiences!