“Best hotel in the area”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orange, California
“Best hotel in the area”
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Great rooms, beds are the most comfortable anywhere. The LG TV is great. Only compliant they parking spots to college students and forces you to use handicap spots.

• Stayed March 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
California
Reviewed April 3, 2011

Best thing about the Fullerton Marriott is the location -- just a couple hundred yards from the freeway and in the other direction, just a couple hundred yards from CSUF. The rooms are very quiet despite being so close to the freeway.

There's room for improvement -- the mattress was a bit soft, towels were more of the locker room variety, and shower pressure was merely ok. Restaurant was average. Free parking, but in-room internet and business center internet not free.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
laxfl, General Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this review, April 13, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,
I would like to thank you for staying with us at the Marriott Fullerton and for taking the time to write about your experience while staying with us. It is feedback like yours that helps us evaluate how we are doing and allow us the opportunity to make the appropriate and necessary adjustments to provide all of our guests with a restful and relaxing experience. Yes we are a very unique property with a fantastic location close to Cal State Fullerton, Disneyland, and Knott’s Berry Farm, Honda Center, Angel Stadium and many other local attractions. Thank you for noticing this. To your point of room to improve, we have discovered some towels that were past their life expectancy and have been eliminating and replacing them as we identify them. We also have a new Chef and have seen some great changes in our restaurant. And yes we did experience a slight problem with our water pressure but resolved this issue with great expediency.
Thank you again for giving us the feedback we thirst for, allowing us the opportunity to learn and grow as hospitality professionals and assuring this hotel remains one of the best Marriott Hotels in the Western region.
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 2, 2011

I got married couple days ago, so I used this hotel for all my guest to stay in. From the beginning, I received very poor customer service. My sales representative did not keep in contact with me. I called them about 2 to 3 times a week for a month. Finally on Monday, the week of my wedding, my sale representative FINALLY decides to call me. I spoke to them about how disappointed I was in their service and all they said was 'I understand" and nothing more. We booked a lot of rooms with them. So, on top of the fact that they did not provide any special accommodations (no free suite or good discount on it, no free champagne, no rose petals, nothing.. I even asked couple times...) for my husband and I on our wedding/honeymoon night, they did not give out all our special gifts we had made for our guest. In fact, they kept some of them. In addition, we gave specific instructions and none of that happened. We asked for one connecting room for our groomsmen and instead of giving them that, they separated them, which they eventually fixed after I talked to them... In addition, one of our family members got a DIRTY room.

Overall, I would not recommend this place, especially to book for you wedding night and Guest Block.

• Stayed February 2011
2 Thank hell0k1tty
Northern California
Reviewed January 31, 2011

I'd love to say I loved this place, but can't. The staff were wonderful, all very helpful and friendly. We were there for a birthday party for my 90 yr old great aunt and they were right on top of everything at that event. They were great at the desk, housekeeping, maintenance and resturaunt. The room was quite small with a view of the parking garage but it was spotless which I alway appreciate.

What didn't work for me were a few things. I realize that the hotel takes the guests they can get but we were the only adults on a floor of 12-18 year old church kids. You would think they would have split the kids or put us somewhere else. They ran up and down the hall all night and kept both myself and my 80 yr old mom up for two nights. We actually left a night early just to get some sleep. One night it sounded as if they were moving matteresses down the hallway. Strange that we were right next to the freeway and couldn't hear it at all but the kids....

The room was spotless as noticed but the lighting was terrible. So low as to not allow me to read. And the TV has just a channel listing, not any type of general description of what is on. They should fix that.

Finally, the food was poor both at the pub and the party. The party was general banquet fare of chicken with a lemon sauce. My chicken was not cooked through so I couldn't eat most of it. The couple of bites I had, were bland and uninspiring. We had breakfast at the pub and unforunately my mom made the plan in advance to pay.

After listening to the kids (over 100 we were told by staff) as they tore through the buffet, we ordered off the menu. I had pancakes that were scorched and cold so stiff, two others in the party had the same with french toast. Basic breakfast with two coffees, two teas, 2 OJ = $72. My poor mom was in shock but since she had already made a big deal about paying for us all, she felt she could not ask us to help.

I'm a rewards member and expected to be on the conceige level but was told it was closed on weekends. I was disapointed as sleep would have made our trip much better.

I would recommend this hotel but not the food or resturant. It's worth it to go someplace else. Habit burger across the street is a good deal. Panera bread, chipolte and other are within 3-4 b;pcks. Again, the staff are great.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Lebenheimer1
Wien
Reviewed December 11, 2010

This is one of many Marriott branded hotels that offer lower publicly available rates outside Marriott reservation channel. If you spot such a rate, you are eniteled to a 25% discount of lower rate if you use Marriott's Look No Further® Best Rate Guarantee program.

Problem was: Hotel does not accept this rate and charged me a three times higher rate. As most travelers don't like to waste time at Small-Claims Courts or with lengthy communications at corporate level, I cannot recommend to stay at this hotel, if rate is an issue for you.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
4 Thank Very_Smart_Traveller
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 26, 2010

Great beds, big flat screen TV's , comfortable workspace and a decent price.

A safe choice in Fullerton.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
California
Reviewed October 22, 2010

Ignored comments made by 800-number...(have never never ever heard of that)...
said "I don't care what it says...the 800-number is wrong to say that".

Rooms are OK. Mid to high-end LG flat-screen TV (looks like the standard
Marriott specified TV), but since the signal is analog, the capabilities of the
TV are inhibited. I've seen HD on the same model at the Irvine Marriott and
the TV is capable of so much more.

Breakfast was free; otherwise I'd say it's $15 price was about $8 overpriced.
Restaurant coffee sux. Tastes like Maxwell House. Definitely not Sbucks.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
kcuff, General Manager at Fullerton Marriott at California State University, responded to this review, December 13, 2010
Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you had a good stay with us. I am sorry that you did not like the coffee we serve. We do have Starbuck’s in our bar. If you visit us again in the future you can request this from our service staff. They will be happy to assist you.

I wanted to take the time to update you on our HD TV conversion. I am please to say that we are currently undergoing this upgrade. We have been on a waiting list for about a year and our property finally came up on the list. The conversion to HD will be completed on December 22, 2010.

I hope that you will come and visit us again when you are in the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Embassy Suites by Hilton Brea - North Orange County
Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel
Chase Suite Hotel Brea

Been to Fullerton Marriott at California State University? Share your experiences!