“Great stay here!”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
Vancouver, Canada
“Great stay here!”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Valuable stay with complementary breakfast &drinks and nice service here. I met a really nice receptionist - Indra, she is knowledgeable for local activities and super patient for all the questions. Will definetly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Jessie8286
Cplaxfr, General Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
"Great Stay Here! Hello and thank you for the wonderful review. I know Indra will be super excited to have been mentioned and you can bet the entire team will celebrate. We appreciate the personal mention very much. We will continue to work hard and will be prepared for your return. We will convert to the Crowne Plaza Fullerton-Anaheim on or about May 1st so please be on the lookout.
"Great Stay Here". Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review and we will see you next time. Thank You Very Much! Tommy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
El Centro, California
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This was the second time that my group and I have stayed at this venue. We initially selected the Hotel Fullerton for a second year because of the reasonable room rates, convenient location, close proximity to the Fullerton College, and on/off access to the 91, 57, and 5 freeways. Upon arrival, the management team (Ankur Patel was my contact) were very hospitable, accommodating, and professional. The process of checking in our group of 25 guests was efficient, which allowed us more time to enjoy the pool, courtyard, and exercise amenities. Later that evening we also planned for a debrief session in a professionally set conference room.
I strongly recommend this hotel for guests/groups visiting the colleges/universities in the area, or visiting any of the nearby Anaheim attractions.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Cspan17
"Fullerton Performing Arts School Trip" Thank you for your kind words, the wonderful review and your continued partnership. Thank you for making us your choice. When returning remember to look for the Crowne Plaza Fullerton-Anaheim. We enjoyed your group very much and are looking forward to your return. We will continue to make improvements and will work hard daily to assure you are even more impressed when you return. Thank you again for choosing us and the very nice review. Tommy
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I used our groupon to stay here 3 nights. The staff is excellent, extremely courteous and don't mind all our questions. :) the free shuttle every hour to Disneyland is fantastic! (We went every day a few times a day) the room is beautiful and the bed is comfortable. Thank you!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Corina C
Cplaxfr, General Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
"Best Hotel Stay Ever" We appreciate you so much and are honored to have receive your highest score. It is very very nice to hear when we get it right and even better when we get it right multiple days in a row. That's really saying something. Your review is very kind. I hope you had a chance to enjoy the pool and our Griswold Bar as well. Both are popular watering holes. We will celebrate your review and use it as a reminder of how to do it well. Thank you very much. Tommy
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed the night of the 15th to the 16th. I got a really good deal on kayak that is why I chose to book here. I checked in to the hotel at 3:20pm and my room was not ready. The agent who checked me in was not really making conversation with me. I was not told about how the WIFI works even though that was supposedly included in the rate. I was not told about the shuttle services that were complimentary I was told about nothing. He did not even ask me if I had any questions. I did not catch his name because their darn name tags had such small font. He checked me in anyway though and said that it would take 10 more minutes for my room to be ready and I said okay and I made my way slowly to my room. I do work in the hospitality industry and I do understand that sometimes we do get late check outs and it does take a while for rooms to be ready on those busy days but I waited 10minutes for the room to finish up and the housekeeper still has not made the bed she tells me 10 more minutes and now I am a little frustrated because I do not want to keep being misled. So I go back to the front desk and wait in line behind 2 people and when there are 4 agents at the front desk not doing anything just not even acknowledging me. It's kind of like they did not care. I just felt the service of the agents to be very cold and just not saying "hello". So I make it to the front of the line and a new agent helps me. She was an older lady with glasses and she said sorry that my room was not ready but not really doing anything to fix the problem because now it is well after 3pm and I still am not in my room. She tells me 10 more minutes and then the original agent who helped me comes back and asks me your room still isn’t ready? He finally does something proactive in checking a room for me that is way closer to the main lobby and facing the pool.

So I get up to the room and it is nice and cold but there are no towels in my room I call down for towels it takes over 30minutes to get them. The only employee that I found to be nice was the night auditor. She greeted me and my guests back upon our return to the hotel round 2am. Everyone else just gave us the cold shoulder like they were not happy to be there. We went to the pool the next day at around 9am and the hot tub was not warm and the jets were not working there was another guest in the tub who agreed and we tried to flag down someone to help. Eventually a housekeeper came out and refilled the towels and tried to check out the jets and the temp of the hot tub. She told us that they drained the tub this morning and to wait for it to warm up. We then asked her to check out the jets and over the radio she requested maintenance who told her the same story and not to call her again about it so rudely. She was doing a great job in helping us. So I really feel bad for her in the way that she was treated. The hot tub never got warm which was disappointing. Also on the website it said that there was free breakfast and there was not. We spoke to another patron of the hotel and he was just as disappointed about it as well but he kind of made a bigger fuss that the breakfast was free on the site and he got it. I mean me and my friends should have made a fuss as well because that was false advertising.

I chose this hotel because it seemed the most decent in the area in comparison to Days Inn and Best Westerns. The room was decent but the service was horrible. I probably will not stay here ever again and choose a hotel that is a little farther with better employees. I mean really there are 4 of you at the desk and you can’t help the one other person in line they were not even doing anything. Not to mention that there was no urgency to answer phones at the desk when the phone is ringing. It was just sad. Poor service all together.

Room Tip: "breakfast is not free" "poor service" "free parking"
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
"Staff needs to be better trained" I cannot thank you enough. The problem is this. The staff is very well trained and as you point out the hotel is providing adequate resources to staff 4 desk agents. This type of service is not acceptable. I will use your review to create change TODAY! I have witnessed and received this type of service myself and it will not be tolerated. Anyone receiving this type of service at our hotel please contact me on my cell right away - 24 hours a day. 310 935 6339. Tommy Thanks "Staff needs to be better trained".
Sparks, Nevada
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We visit Disneyland at least once a year with four generations of family ages 4 years to 78 years, and are Annual Passholders. The last of our 4 kids moved out, so this is the first vacation my husband and I have taken without kids in 20 years. We were looking for a hotel that could give us a less "frantic" experience than what we've had at the hotels along Disneyland row.

The front desk staff, although busy and training a newer employee, was helpful and friendly, printing out a map for us to follow to a restaurant that we wanted to try.

Our room was very neat and clean and was ready for us when we arrived.
After we checked into our room, we attempted to get all of our electronics connected to the free wifi, but experienced spotty reception. We had several employees trying to help. Even the maintenance guy knocked on our door to try and help. Very impressive. The wifi never quite worked well for us in our room. Imagine having to talk to each other instead of answering emails during our free time! Ha!

Off to Disneyland we went in their free shuttle. All of the shuttle drivers were the BEST. They were friendly and knew of many things you might want to do in the area...not just Disneyland. For example, if your destination was further than what their area covered, they could drop you off at whichever bus or train station would take you where you wanted to go. They also explained how to transfer, if needed, and how to get back.

Our room faced the freeway but the noise that others noticed never bothered us. The bed was comfy and we slept fine. This hotel is an excellent place to stay. We enjoyed it so much that we've already booked our return trip in September with them.

Thank you to every employee at this hotel. It takes a team to make it work. See you in September!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
"Book This Hotel Now!". Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you. Your review is fantastic to read and even more fun to share. We will be even better when you return in September and cannot wait for the opportunity to impress. I cannot thank you enough for the top score. It is not something we take lightly and will promise to work even harder to earn your top score again upon your return. BTW - The carpet installers cut through a fiber optic internet line during your stay that killed our internet. I am very sorry about that. I know how important it is to stay connected. There should be no internet problems when you return. Thank you again "Book this hotel now!" We will see you in September and will work hard to earn a five again. Thanks Tommy
Harrisville
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a family vacation. The free breakfast was nice and the front desk helpful, but was very run down. The rooms air conditioner was broken upon arrival and after they fixed it it still was not running right. The fridge is leaking. The fitness room has a weight machine but is not working. They have a free shuttle with friendly drivers but it books fast so if you don't book the previous day you won't be going to Disney very early. Also they are remodeling the rooms in my hall except for mine so a afternoon nap was completely impossible due to noise. Would not stay again.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank tmannnn22
Cplaxfr, General Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
"Broken" When I read reviews like this I wonder if there could be a mistake. I am very sorry that you had the experiences you did but rundown does not at all accurately describe us. I respect your opinion very much but would simply ask travelers reading this review to take a look at our pictures, web page and other resources to make your own assessment. You may just be pleasantly surprised. Thank you for the comments about the helpful staff. This is always good to hear. Complimentary shuttles to Disney do indeed fill fast. If you’re going to Disney sign up early and please be on time. Thanks again "broken" and I am sorry. We are making some adjustments to become a Crowne Plaza opening on May 1st. Will you return and give me a second chance to impress please? Send me an e-mail at tommy.spencer@cpfullerton.com and I will make the arrangements personally. Thanks and I hope to see you soon.
Sacramento, California
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Had a little family gathering here. The rooms are nice but a little small, comfortable beds and nice shower. We stayed in a tower room on the back with a "balcony" which was very small. Also the lights from the parking lot were extremely bright all night and had to keep blackout curtains closed. The walls are very thin and the room next to us was very loud all night on our second night, thought they were in the room with us! Although the hotel is located in an industrial area it is within a few miles of Disneyland and other attractions (I believe they also have a shuttle though we did not use). They pool is decent and there is a very nice outside courtyard area off the bar. Also liked the bar, nice sitting area and lots of TVs! The staff was very pleasant and helpful. A very good price for what you get - I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a Tower Room facing courtyard
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dlramsdell
Cplaxfr, General Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
"Great Value" Thank you for taking the time to share, thank you for the kind recommendation and thank you for recognizing our crew. We will continue to work hard and appreciate your kind words very much. I will investigate the back lights. There is always an answer and a bright light on a moon lite balcony just does not work for me. I will find an answer to preserve this experience. Thank you for mentioning our Griswold Bar. This as you can imagine is a very popular spot. Near the pool, near the courtyard, loaded with large screen TVs and of course all the fun you can handle. We are just a few miles from Disney and indeed provide complimentary transportation within 7 miles. Go to Disney, see a movie or simply get a free ride to one of Downtown Fullerton's many incredible restaurants. No need to drive when staying here. Thank you “Great Value” for everything and we will see you next time as the Crowne Plaza Fullerton-Anaheim. Tommy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
Quality Inn Placentia - Anaheim
Hotel Menage
Hotel Menage
#62 of 118 in Anaheim

Been to The Hotel Fullerton? Share your experiences!