“A Real Delight”

The Hotel Fullerton
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The Hotel Fullerton was a lovely place to stay in for my daughter and myself. We stayed here for 4 nights in September - everything was so very clean and the reception staff most helpful. Because of its location the Hotel Fullerton offers a free shuttle service within a 5 mile radius so getting to and from Disneyland was hassle free. Top marks must go to Daniel one of the very helpful shuttle drivers. Daniel went out of his way to help us and even spent a lot of time ensuring we had tours sorted when we left to go up to Los Angeles. Well done Daniel you made our trip, thank you so very much. The town of Fullerton is a must for nightlife and restaurants take the time to go there and arrange for the hotel to pick you up when your ready to return.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor facing the freeway, we did not notice any noise other than the air condit...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daley_10

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I was allocated this hotel by a tour company and I was pleasantly surprised by how nice the hotel was. A major downside to this hotel is it's location. It is approx. 1 hour away from Downtown LA and no public transport nearby. Despite this, it is very close to Disneyland, so if this is the main purpose of your holiday to California, then this hotel is perfect. Ideal for families as there is a pool on site. The rooms were spacious and clean.

The hotel offers a complimentary shuttle which made it easy to get to a Walmart and the driver was friendly. The staff were helpful in terms of what's in the area (FYI - nothing). Free wifi is available to guests but not to those who are part of a group. I would suggest they offer free wifi in common areas.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Scott S, General Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear AnaRCV,
Thank you for taking the time to post your Review, we certainly acknowledge that being 26.05 miles from downtown LA can be a challenge for some guests. However, we’re glad to report that we also hear back that being centrally located and less than 9 miles from Disneyland, Knott’s Berry Farm, The Honda Center, Angel’s Stadium and Cal State Fullerton is a real plus for many travelers. Thanks again, Scott Seymore General Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We booked a night here through hotels.com. When we arrived to the hotel my husband went to check in and they told him they had not received confirmation from hotels.com confirming our reservation and that we would have to wait until they did. He came out and told me, and I was upset...it was a long day and 8:30 at night. I went in and asked how long it would take and they said they didn't know but could take as long as 45 minutes! I showed them my iphone which showed our hotels.com booking and our confirmation number and they still said there was nothing they could do. This has never happened to me at any hotels I have stayed at before and I book often through hotels.com. I'm thinking while it is a prepaid reservation, they still take my credit card for any incidentals! So I asked, can you call them and talk to them as this seems unfair to make your guests wait in the parking lot for an unknown time? The receptionist did end up calling hotels.com but only after I asked her and they faxed over the confirmation but the whole process took over 30 minutes. To me, this is terrible customer service...they should have let us into our room immediately, like I said they have my credit card info, and then called hotels.com to figure that situation out on their own. Instead of feeling like "guests", we were made to feel like we couldn't be trusted. If they are going to do this with future guests, then they shouldn't allow hotels.com to distribute their rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank melissaamie
Scott S, General Manager at The Hotel Fullerton, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

melissaamie,
I'm so very sorry you had this experience. We obviously need to re-train the staff on how to handle bookings that come through third parties that have yet to reach the Hotel. The Protocol is, call the "Help Desk", ask them for the information and have them fax the reservation right away as the guest is waiting to check in. I will cover this again tomorrow morning with the Front Office Manager and the TEAM so that it doesn't happen again. My sincere apologies... Scott Seymore General Manager

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Checked in at the hotel around 11:45pm after a long day of fun. When I had arrived, there was only 1 person working the counter. He was busy answering phone calls about an AC problem (I guess there was a blackout earlier). Nevertheless, he was helpful. After I checked in, I heard the guy tell others that the night has been all booked up.

I got to my room & I was pleased with the spacious and "clean" looking room. Then, my nightmare began. I went to the bathroom to take a shower & I noticed a silverfish bug on the floor behind the bathroom door. Then I took a shower & when I grabbed a towel, TWO more of those bugs fell out of it. THANK GOD I LOOKED AT THE TOWEL 1ST BEFORE WIPING MY FACE! I was so disgusted. Then, I went to lay down (super drained from my day of fun) & noticed that there was red stuff on the blanket. Blood? Lipstick? Not sure. My bf & I got a two bed room since the rest were all booked so I tried the blankets on the other bed and those had dirt all over of the blankets as if it's never been washed. I was so disgusted once again. I called the front desk & explained & the guy said, "OMG, I will send someone up with a new set ASAP." Someone came and dropped off 1 cheap acrylic blanket with HOLES & cigarette burns all over it, 1 white knitted DIRTY looking blanket & a couple clean towels. I was so grossed out again that I ended up using towels as blankets that night. :( Thank goodness it was only a 1 night stay.

Other than those, the hotel was okay in my opinion.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our original hotel room somehow cancelled our reservation near Disneyland without notifying us! So, we scrambled and found Hotel Fullerton. We were treated so well and everyone at the hotel jumped through hoops to make our experience positive. I love their breakfast and their pool and the rooms are very clean. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank soycrisps
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We spent the last weekend at the Hotel Fullerton celebrating our sons wedding. We had over 20 rooms filled with family and friends, everyone had a great time. The reception hall is beautiful and they have a friendly helpful staff. Would highly recommend this facility to anyone that wants to have a wedding reception. When you have that many people staying in one place and no one has any complains that's AWESOME!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

This is Our second year having a function at Hotel Fullerton. The place is always clean the bed very comfortable. The staff is very very attentive to your needs. In fact we will be having a New Years Eve party there. That is how much we like Hotel Fullerton.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank LINDA W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton
Best Western Plus Anaheim Orange County Hotel
Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites

Been to The Hotel Fullerton? Share your experiences!