“Cool Pub - Okay Food”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Denton, Texas
“Cool Pub - Okay Food”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

We stopped in for lunch while in the area for business and all thought the food was okay, but not great, especially for the price. The single piece of cod was rather large, but I found the tartar sauce and slaw bland. We didn't drink, but I can see where this is probably a great place to have a beer and maybe watch a game. We had higher expectations based on the atmosphere and price.

• Visited April 2014

California
“Expecting better”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

After retuning from a trip to England, we were craving some good English food. Heard this place was where we should go and decided to give it a try. Atmosphere was nice but I was a little disappointed by the food. You couldn't even see the Pasty, it was drowning in gravy. If I would have known, I would ask for the gravy on the side. Also, I haven't had Yorkshire Pudding since my grandmother passed 10 years ago. I was so excited to finally have some again. Unfortunately it had a burned taste to it. I don't know if it was over cooked or the pan it was cooked in had residuals in it. Boy how I miss a good Yorkshire Pudding. I don't think we will be going back. It's hard to find someone who makes it like grandma =)

• Visited May 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“This is where the Brits are”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

From what my friends from England say, this is a relatively authentic english pub experience one will find locally in North OC.

They are expensive, and the food is good, but not so great so as to say they are any more than average—especially considering the price.

• Visited April 2013
San Diego, California
“A visit to a London Pub”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

One feels like they are in London w/ appropriate décor and fixings. Great food at reasonable prices and wide selection of beer/ale. Captain John Paul's meat dish was super and had a delicious gravy(must have been the whiskey used--smile) Waitress was helpful and "Jocular" interacting w/ her guests. Had a nice time and recommend w/o reservations.

• Visited March 2014
Chesterfield, Missouri
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great English pub”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Great English style pub. Excellent food with large portions. Wonderful atmosphere and Ambiance. Live music.

Visited March 2014