“Authentic 5 star restaurant”
Review of The Cellar

The Cellar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Cellar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 377 Restaurants in Fullerton
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Wilshire Blvd.
Reviewed March 4, 2014

There was a time many years ago celebs from Hollywood came often to The Cellar. People travelled from around the world to enjoy the finest of cuisine. It had a 5 star rating back when the number of true 5 star restaurants in the world could be counted on both hands.

It was sold and began sadly to decline until (I was recently told) the nephew of the original owner bought it a few years back and began restoring it to its former glory.

I don't know if true, but I can assure you it is indeed a true gem of 5 star quality and taste.

It is expensive so I usually go for their Tasting Menu which is generous in its portions and easy on the budget.

It is the best of "old school" charm and haute cuisine today at its finest.

You don't have to just take my word for it either; my business partner own 5 restaurants in Gold Coast, Australia and his family are highly experienced in the finest of food around the world.

I took him to The Cellar. It did not take long and he looked up at me with a bit of a surprise look and said the food was excellent. Outstanding. He is not easily impressed. He was also very impressed with the staff and the wine selections (his family are major European wine distributors).

I've always had a vision of The Cellar collaborating with our very own treasure gem of the Fullerton Airport; arranging once again for people from all over the West, even the world, to fly in just so they can partake of the excellence at The Cellar.

There are newer reviews for The Cellar

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Charming romantic, elegant without having to be stuffy
Perfect celebration place or just hang at the bar
Quiet, it's one of the only places in town you can hear your conversation. Fabulous food!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The Cellar rocks and really is a best kept secret. Their change of ownership and management brought us back in 2013 and is now one of our favorite places to go for an excellent meal. Mostly beef dishes, but also a somewhat diversified menu, but not a large scale menu either. Go on-line and look at their menu to catch my drift. The food is truly excellent, service outstanding and a great value for the dollar. You have to accept the interior for what it is, can be a little crowded, but not overly-so. Side dishes are all excellent and the kitchen will be more than happy to meet any reasonable request. Best lobster bisque soup I've ever had, hands-down. Wife and I go during the week to avoid the crowds, it works for us. Get on their email list and you will see specials that are worthy of your attendance. Great place, don't be overly critical until you have tried their dishes. Family owned, nice people, a real neighborhood favorite.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I took my wife to the Cellar, because it was rated one of the most romantic restaurants in OC. Don't believe it. The atmosphere is rather fake, the tables are right next to each other, and the ambiance was just old in a weird, not charming way. Plus, it is in the middle of Fullerton. The food was excellent (Beef Medallions and Halibut), but the huge disappointment was the souffles. Both my wife and I ordered chocolate souffles at the beginning so they could time them correctly. My wife's came about 30 minutes after we finished our meal and mine did not arrive until 20 minutes after that. And the souffles were kind of burnt around the sides. In summary, I will never go back - it is just not that special. BTW, their website said that jeans are discouraged so I wore slacks. Most of the customers were in jeans.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

we came here a few yrs ago for my bday celebration and it was nice and intimate occasion then.
the only reasons we and 2 other couples went here for NYE because of their great ad for the 1920's prohibition act theme. we went all out and even dressed as dapper girls/guys. it sounded like there were going to be a big band, lots of dancing. but none of that at all.
it was just a nice and quiet dinner. service was a bit slow because of NYE so that was forgiven. my gf ordered a fish dish and it was soooo rubbery she had to send it back. drinks were good. the countdown was next to nil. we did our own countdown! hahahah
not coming back again for their NYE-the ad was very misleading.