Review Highlights

Proud Mom and Aunt!

Reviewed January 17, 2017
Teresa K
Fullerton, California

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 26, 2017

I was enchanted by Plummer Auditorium when I first saw it as an incoming high school freshman <<mumble mumble>> years ago. Today, this still active National Historic Place, fills me with a sense of pride as a member of a community who cherish the fine arts and strive to share those values. As time passes the theater is filled with new voices while the building itself and the traditions passed through the generations by it's custodians tie nearly a century of theater goers together in a evenings entertainment. That's was and still is the stuff dreams are made of.

Reviewed January 17, 2017

I had the pleasure of visiting Plummer Auditorium to watch my daughter (age 6) perform her dance recital. It has a great old fashioned feel to it. The performance was great! My nephew also received his Physics award at this location. Parking is right across the street.

Reviewed July 25, 2016 via mobile

The old Plummer auditorium on Fullerton high school campus is beautiful. The sound system and air conditioning are great (bring a light jacket). The play we saw yesterday was terrible. 3D productions is moving and it seems they don't care about their final show here. Acting and singing was really bad but the worst part was the spin that executive director TJ Dawson put on the play HELLO DOLLY. it was boring any you you put it. We have been season ticket holders a Fullerton Civic Light Opera and 3D Productions for 30 years and this was the absolute worst play I have ever seen. Won't be following this troop anywhere.

Reviewed March 23, 2016

We enjoyed seeing Addams Family performed here, but just being inside such a beautiful, historic building was an awesome experience. As a student at FUHS, I remember exploring the theater but didn't appreciate what a magnificent venue it really is.

Reviewed February 19, 2016 via mobile

I have come here a few times and always enjoyed the play. The cast is very talented and the atmosphere is very inviting.

The bathrooms are very limited and crowded, but parking is free and plentiful.

Reviewed February 8, 2016 via mobile

I LOVE musicals, especially when they are affordable and 3D Theatricals productions at the Plummer Auditorium provide Broadway quality ones at a fraction of the price you would pay at other places.

The building is historical and unique, built in the 1930s.

There is actually space between the rows of chairs (not as cramped as other historical theaters). The only downside is the small lobby area (box office is actually outside under a tent) and small restrooms with about 5 stalls which make lines during intermission very long.

So far, I have seen the Addams Family and Beauty and the Beast and absolutely loved both of them. I happened to see both of them years ago in NYC and the actors, sets and costumes here were just as good.

Parking is free at the structure right across. Their exit doors are wide which allow for some fresh air and quick exit during intermission and at the end.

I am definitely a fan!

Reviewed December 15, 2015

I live in Orange county since 2006 and always go to "Segerstrom center of arts" for various performances. Never go to Plummer before. However, this year, Girl Scout sponsored a "Nutcracker" on 12/6/2015 so we ( total 23 people with 10+ six years old kids) visit there. Here are my pro and cons:

Pro:
1. Sunday parking is free. You can park in the parking structure right in front of the theater. All you have to do is across the street.
2. In general, tickets here are much cheaper than Segerstrom and with good/better views.
3. It is a beautiful theater and have more shows from local orange county groups.
For kids' activity, I will certainly come back again.

Con:
1. Theater is small so I didn't see place for live music. The overall effect is just OK.
2. It is hard to find a seat chart online. I found I can go to 3D Theatricals web site to see seats for their shows. in Plummer
3. No place to go during intermission and only see two restrooms (one for each, men and women.

If you are looking for a performance with good sound and theatrical effect, I will go to Segerstrom for sure. Definitely worth the extra money for parking and tickets.

Reviewed October 11, 2015

After driving past the Plummer Auditorium for many years I finally attended a theatrical production (Addams Family). The theater is fairly old but maintained in good condition. It is actually part of the Fullerton High School campus but frequently has professional theater groups coming through.

The seating generally seems to provide good views of the stage. Larger people will find the seating a bit cramped.

There are no concessions in the theater. During the performance I attended bottled water was available for sale outside. (The temperatures that evening were still well into the 90's and the water being sold was not cold.) I found a water fountain in the lobby which had cold water. However the water fountain was close to the ground and was clearly installed with small children in mind rather than adults. The air conditioning did not seem to work, however after 2 days of temperatures in the 100s I could understand the lack of cool air.

This theater is obviously designed to attract the locals and is not one of the better locations to enjoy theater. This location seemed to attract the less sophisticated theater goers who were busy with their cell phones and personal conversations. (I had to ask the person next to me to turn off her cell phone because the light was distracting.) For a better theater experience I would suggest the Orange County Performing Arts Center. The music was recorded.

This location is fine for people with children attending family types of performances. There is a parking structure directly across the street. parking is free in the evenings and on weekends.

Reviewed June 30, 2015

I've been to several productions at Plummer Auditorium. It is a very comfortable venue with lots of leg room which is a big plus if you're tall like I am. It is located on the campus of Fullerton Union High School and directly across the street from Fullerton College.

Reviewed December 20, 2014

This historic landmark of Fullerton assists Fullerton students gain first experiences in dance drama and music, hosts important theatrical productions and community oriented cultural productions. I have very fond memories of friends and family participating in events hosted at this location. The nutcracker has always been a favorite of mine.