“Time for a Refresh of the Place”

Tranquil Tea Lounge
Ranked #56 of 425 Restaurants in Fullerton
Cuisines: Healthy
Reviewed July 5, 2018

We've been going to Tranquil Tea since it opened 7 years ago. At that time, I liked the place because it was a great alternative to Starbucks and it offered a place for people to have a relaxing conversation over a cup of tea and delicious lavender scones. I also liked the fact that the brother & sister team that opened the place where always accessible in the store, to offer their recommendations on the teas and blends available. Fast-forward to 2018 and the place looks like it has aged quickly. The cushioned seats along the walls look drab and worn and the tables are scruffy. The availability of teas on the menu, is a hit-or-miss as it appears they do not replenish their inventory as quickly as before. The owners are usually not there anymore - and frankly, it's hard to have a personal connection with servers who come-and-go. And the clientele now leans heavily towards Cal State students who are at best, self-absorbed in checking e-mails and/or texting. The saving grace for Tranquil Tea is its food, especially the lavender scone; sandwiches and whatever their soup for the day is. If I am in the area, lunch at Tranquil Tea is always a good value. Unlike before when it was new, the food is the only reason I now come here.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

Went here with a bunch of ladies for tea and scones. What a quaint shop with an extensive tea menu. You can have any tea hot or cold, choose black, green or red teas, and order lunch or scones. We chose a bunch of cold green teas plus one red roibos tea. All were excellent. Our sweets consisted of all 3 scones plus a blueberry cake. My favorite was the chocolate chip banana peanut butter scone. Their favorite sellout one is the white chocolate lavender but I found it a little too earl grey tasting. Enjoyed the peach scone as well. Service was excellent--servers very helpful about questions we had on menu and staff did not rush us out at all. Would definitely return.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed July 30, 2017

This is a calm, clean space, perfect for enjoying a cup of tea. The menu goes on for pages, but the server was extremely helpful. Unlike a chain, you can sit at a table and order your tea and relax. It's not a quick, cheap cup of tea, but you get a lot and it's high quality. The green tea coconut Thirst Quencher was excellent. They also serve scones and sandwiches, but we just went for the tea.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed July 11, 2017

I've gone to Tranquil Tea Lounge a few times now and I can't say I have any objections to meeting with friends here. They have such a wide variety of teas available, the menu of teas alone is like a book. Organized by type with a short description of its benefits - white teas, green teas, yerba mate teas, and so so many more!

The have a lunch special of half a sandwich with a soup or small salad that comes with a tea - great combo if you're looking for a meal. They have other foods available but the focus here is TEA!

Hot or cold, you get more than enough of whatever you decide on selecting. Cold, delivered in a glass with the remainder in a container that is almost like a vase. Hot, comes in a cute teapot. If you can't finish it, you can always take the rest to go!

There are also tea leaves for sale as well as stationery cards.

If you're looking for a meeting space, there's one available here too! There's a separate meeting room in the back with a large table with chairs around it (boardroom style). The cafe space itself has seating with couches and a coffee table towards the back and regular tables with chair seating or booth seating if you sit off to the wall.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed September 27, 2016

The Tranquil Tea Lounge is located on Wilshire Avenue in downtown Fullerton’s historic Rialto Building. They describe themselves as “a modern urban tea lounge, restaurant, event venue and retail store.” According to their menu, they offer “over 95 varieties of premium and organic loose leaf teas.” In terms of food, they have a breakfast menu in the morning and serve sandwiches, salads and desserts the remainder of the day.

Their teas can be ordered either hot or iced. My wife ordered the iced Happiness blend while I had the iced Makena’s Passion blend. Both are green tea-based and contain more ingredients than I care to summarize here; suffice to say that both were soothing, refreshing and pretty delightful. The egg salad and turkey sandwiches we ordered for lunch were both well-constructed and flavorful. I particularly liked the light and subtle white tea vinaigrette dressing that topped our side salads. We saw some tempting desserts being served around us, but we resisted.

This is not the sort of place where you should expect to chow down on huge portions. However, this is indeed the kind of place to enjoy a relaxed and pleasant spell.

Date of visit: September 2016