“great coffee, good food”
Review of Early Bird

Early Bird
Ranked #26 of 371 Restaurants in Fullerton
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
california
“great coffee, good food”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We have been to this place for lunch/ brunch twice. First time was the first week they have been open and I had Philly steak sandwich with sweet potato fries and I paid $2 extra for hanger steak. It was pretty good. my husband had the open faced truffle egg sandwich that came with arugula and he enjoyed it. They had a great coffee from Rwanda and it was great and smooth and service was great for their first week of business. Second time I had the chilaquiles steak and eggs and it was fine, but nothing special. Steak was not seasoned and the rest of the dish was too salty. When you ate it together it was fine. My husband had the John Bain's beast and he liked it. It was English muffin with ham, sausage, egg and gravy. Our coffee this time was not as good and I think it was from Ethiopia. The server was pushy and pushed the bacon on us. After I ordered it I was like why did I order the bacon when I ordered steak and my husband's dish had sausage and ham. Service was better the first time. We will be back, but are not in a hurry.

• Visited September 2012

Fullerton, California
“Wish I could eat here every day . . .”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Took a dear friend yesterday for her birthday and she had the AMAZING Frank Floyd Eggs Benedict (creatively on a Portabella mushroom instead of English Muffin) and I had the (mouth salivating just remembering) breakfast pizza: puff pastry with tomato compote, parmesan, two perfectly fried eggs and a light salad on top. Add to that the urban, industrial vibe, knowledgeable & friendly wait staff--this was only my fourth time at Early Bird but I'm happily eating my way through the menu. Open for breakfast or lunch in a location with tons of parking--the first time we went there was a half hour wait but they served us cold beverages as we sat outside on the bench! Who does that?? I'm planning my next visit . . . for tomorrow?

• Visited October 2012
Tucson, Arizona
“Not going back”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

My husband found this place online, and we thought the menu looked interesting. It looks interesting, but the taste is on a par with Denny's. Also, it doesn't say it on the menu, but the skillet potatoes are drowning in garlic. Not a nice start to the day if you don't want to reek of garlic all day. Very disappointing.

Visited October 2012
Placentia, California
“Great for kids!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our MOMS Club had a brunch outing here to try out their food and friendliness towards children. The $5 kids meal was huge and healthy for my 2-year-old! I will be bringing back my 5 and 7 year-olds to experience their wonderful meals, too.

The three moms who came had a good time chatting and eating. I had the duck confit hash and it was scrumptious! I splurged on the menu item and was not disappointed. The hash was crisp and the duck was moist and tender.

My other two companions had french toast and a waffle. The one who had the waffle said it tasted like funnel cake so of course she couldn't leave any leftovers! :)

• Visited October 2012