“Wonderful View, Exceptional Service, Cozy Atmosphere and Great Food”

Summit House Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Summit House Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 383 Restaurants in Fullerton
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: State College
Description: For centuries the English Inn has earned a great reputation for friendly faces, cozy rooms and cheery firesides. As soon as guests come to the Inn, the charming hosts and hostesses run to greet them. In front of a crackling fire one can partake of good hearty fare - the tankard is always full - the spit hung with roasting beefs - and a table heaped with sweets and such. The Inn Keepers of the Summit House are inspired by this custom to create an hospitable place where friends can meet to eat, drink and delight in the views of North Orange County's countryside. To one and all, welcome!
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I really don't get to the Summit House as often as I should! The first time I was there was for a Corporate Christmas Party in one of the private rooms and was so impressed by the food and ambiance. I came back just to meet friends in the bar, a cozy little room with a piano player and the most delightful roast beef sliders, now that's a happy hour snack. The food in the main dining room is excellent, my friend had a salmon in puff pastry and I the prime rib. Exceptional.
For some reason I forget that citadel of fine dining atop the hill at Bastanchury and State College and end up settling for some mediocre, raucous selection in downtown. Prime rib Wednesday is $24.95 and you won't pay less for this quality in DTF!

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Great for business dinner, romantic evening or special occassion. Cant miss great steaks, prime rib and wine list. Weekends - enjoy the piano in the bar that is so good we ate in the bar !!

Reviewed September 17, 2012

Always excellent food. Had my daughter's wedding reception there 10 years ago and people are STILL talking about how good the food was. We usually go there for Thanksgiving and always are pleased.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

For special occassions, and to treat ourselves, we really enjoy a first class restaurant. We went to the Summit House for our anniversary, and found it to be a stellar locaation. All of the employess are very friendly and accommodating, and are totally focused on your needs. we started in the bar (pub) with first class drinks, and oncer seadet in the dining room we were able to see the beauty of the room. it has the atmosphere of a old world restaurant - paintings and art objects throughout, and a gigantic fireplace. But the real treat was the food - we had the prix fixe menu, a bargain that included soup or salad, entree and vegetables, and choice of 2 desserts. Evereything we has wasa above average, and I would unconditionallyrecommend this restaurant for quality, value, service and atmosphere. Great menu variety, and many fine wines by the glass. Perhaps the finest restaurant in Orange County. Bravo!!

1  Thank agbowden
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We have been to the Summit House many times and it never disappoints. We returned recently to celebrate our wedding anniversary and had a lovely evening enjoying the food and the great views. My husband ordered the prime rib and as usual it was delicious and I enjoyed my fish dish as well. Our server Janice was attentive and courteous and made our dining experience that much better. She brought us a wonderful "Happy Anniversary" dessert that capped off our meal just perfectly. This is a perfect spot for a very special dinner and we will continue to return for birthday, anniversary or Christmas celebrations or just because we want to have a special evening.