As many othes, we booked on line based on reviews and location. When we checked in, we were excited to be there, looked so nice in the lobby and the family was going to go to Disneyland!! Who wouldnt be happy?? The service at the counter was very average, and lacking in information. We arrived to our rooms ( 2 rooms for 8 guests) to find them very dark and musty smelling. Opening the drapes and turning on the air conditioner worked well, till night came and the 2 small lamps in each room wasnt even bright enough to read in. When asking one of the maids where the ice machine was, she said on the fist floor...we were on the 4th floor. Funny thing is, after the 2nd day we discovered by accident that there was an ice machine right next to our room!! The beds were comfortable, and the shower water presser was good. However, upon ariving the next morning to the dining room for our "free hot breakfast" that was advertised on the web site and on the HUGE sign hanging on outside of the hotel building, we were told that the "free breakfast" is only for 2 adults and 2 children under 10......ok well we stayed 2 nights had 4 adults and 4 teenagers!!! After voicing our dissapointment over the false advertising to the front desk they referred us to the dining room manager, who referred us again back to the front desk!! We still ended up paying $6.95 X 4 so all could eat breakfast. The food they served to the 4 (ticked guests) was a plate full of bland rubbery pancakes & eggs with 1/2 pice bacon and undercooked potato chunks......no option.......the 4 paying members of our family were told to get their breakfast form the buffet, serving similar items, with added fruit and toast.
Needless to say, this whole experience set the day off on a sour note. No one wanted to eat the food because it was tastless, not to mention a little awkward.
The "free internet" offered is only offered in the lobby area, you can pay extra $10 day for internet in your room!
It sure would have saved a lot of headache if we knew a few of these things before booking this hotel. Not to mention that when you arrive and check in, they should at least mention that by the way,,,,,,,you will have to pay extra for your "free breakfast" and "free internet" sevices.
However, I do have to agree that the "free" shuttle service to and from Disneyland was very prompt. All good excpt the evning driver on the way back to the hotel almost caused 2 accidents when cutting people off and tailgating, having to slam on the breaks to previent running over the small car in front of us. (just one or 2 curses from him that night) Pretty scarry when your sitting in the front seat behind the driver!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Howard Johnson Hotel & Conference Center - Fullerton is a fantastic family friendly, and Corporate travel full service property. Conveniently located just off the 91 freeway and Harbor Blvd, bordering Anaheim, CA and a short drive to experience the magic of Disneyland & Disney's California Adventure theme parks, as well as Knott's Berry Farm, you could attend a sporting event or a concert at the "A" stadium & Honda Center. We are able to accommodate business conferences or seminars. Our hotel offers six flexible meeting rooms, banquet and catering services and a business center. Conveniently located near California State University Fullerton (CSUF), downtown Fullerton, and Anaheim. We provide a free shuttle to/from Disneyland in scheduled times. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Fullerton Hotel And Fullerton
- Wyndham Anaheim Park Hotel
- Fullerton Wyndham
- Hotel Anaheim Park
- Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel And Conference Center CA - Orange County