Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Fullerton
Benicia, California
“EXPECT THE WORSE”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Howard Johnson Hotel and Conference Center for a trip to Disneyland with a couple of my friends. We stayed there for two nights and the service was horrible. When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted with horrible service. It took a while for us to be acknowledge by one of the front desk representatives. The front desk lady was not welcoming and looked like she did not want to help us. Her attitude was not welcoming and rude. As for the room, it was clean, but don't expect anything fancy. With the room comes a free breakfast buffet, yet it was terrible. You mine as well just buy breakfast at Mcdonalds or something. Upon checkout the service was once again horrible. The problem with this hotel is not so much the room but the customer service. The only bonus to this hotel is the free shuttle to Disneyland. Other than that do not expect anything else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Roberto V, Manager at Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Hello Arianna E,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at our hotel in Fullerton. First of all let me start by apologizing to you and your friends for failing to deliver great accommodation and customer service. I am sorry that the room, breakfast and customer service were not up to standard. I have spoken to the respective department managers to let them know about your disappointment about our hotel. I am glad that you were able to utilize our shuttle service and that you thought was a good value.
I would be honored if you gave us another opportunity to serve you better during one of your future visits to Disneyland.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The hotel is a good location and the pool area is nice, however the rooms were dark and run down, didn't remove shoes when in room. The breakfast could use a little variety, we were there for 4 mornings and after the second day, the scrambled eggs and sausage were hard to eat. No yogurt and the watermelon was cut up so thinly and small it was impossible to pick up. No other fresh fruit offered. No muffins or other breads. Would not recommend for more than a one night stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Roberto V, Manager at Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our hotel. Reviews like yours help us recognize the issues that our guest experience and that we need to address to ownership. I am sorry that your stay was less than a pleasant one and that our hotel did not meet your standards. Your review was forwarded to ownership to consider adding more variety to breakfast.

I appreciate your comments and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Operations Manager

Travelers are raving about these Fullerton hotels

Adelaide, SA
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I must say that I was expecting more from this hotel and was disappointed. No fridge in the room, powdered whitener for your coffee, no electric kettle so even if you brought your own coffee with you, you couldn't boil it...no coffee cups, you have disposable paper cups...no restaurant on site but within walking distance to fast food outlets. A two for one voucher for a drink on Friday night where they wouldn't serve our beverage in a tall glass, we had to settle for a plastic cup! Breakfast was ok but clearly they cater for the Asian tourist. 2nd morning they were so busy I was asked to leave after I finished my toast. WiFi didn't work at all on the 4th floor.. On a positive note, the pool was great after a long hot day out and about.

Room Tip: Wouldn't stay on the ground floor, too much foot traffic and people don't care for being qui...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sharon Boyle,

I want to thank you for writing a very detailed review of our hotel. Reviews like yours help our management team fix the items that need improvement and provide an enjoyable and memorable stay to our guests. I apologize for the items that were not up to standard, we follow a standard set forth by Wyndham and all of our items are standardized. I am happy that you were able to enjoy our pool as I agree that our pool is very nice and relaxing. Above all I sincerely apologize for a less than pleasant stay at our hotel and it is my hope that you will give us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

The place was a basic hotel with some added bonuses. My room was clean with clean beds, tons of pillows, and a working bathroom. It's a suitable place to rest after being at both Disneyland and California Adventure the whole day on consecutive days. The staff was friendly and the reason I give this place 4 stars is all the free perks; parking, wi-fi, breakfast, and free shuttle to Disney. Granted, the breakfast is boring and generic and the wi-fi is slow but this place is a great value at the price I paid.

• Stayed August 2013
Hello OscarS91,

I want to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at our hotel. We do have complimentary items that most hotels do not have in the Anaheim area near Disneyland, I am glad that you were able to utilize all of these amenities. Our breakfast is a standard breakfast for a Howard Johnson but we add the eggs and a few more items. We have taken care of the slow or inoperable Wi-Fi connection. I will let my teams know that they are providing friendly customer service and clean and comfortable rooms.

We will be honored to be your hotel of choice for your future visits to the area.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Good thing- Shuttle to Disney land, bus was on time. Bus window pane was about to drop off.
We stayed there on two different occasions. The first night , we stayed in 3rd floor. We asked the receptionist if the room was quiet and she said that all the room were away from main road and was quiet. Anyway, the room we had face the main road and we could see vehicles from the window and the cars were within 200m away from the window. The noise made it difficult to sleep.
I then requested a quiet room on my next check in on 11 July2013.
on arrival, we were given a room in second floor. I mentioned that I had requested a quiet room
a few days earlier. She said nothing was noted and I asked why when I have specifically requested so. Anyway, she said that there was a back room in 4th floor if we like to try.
That room in 4th floor had faecal "poo" stain by the side of the bowl, food particles on the carpet and the bed sheet appeared used and just made back.
Contacted the reception and accepted room in level 2 ??room 205. Again it just faced the main road
and it was even noisier than the room we had the first time.
In the morning, when I wanted to buy breakfast vouchers, I was told that the person who normally sells the voucher was away on her tea break and I have to wait for 20 mins for her return.
I insisted that I cannot wait as the tour bus was about to depart and i needed breakfast in a hurry.
I even said that I could pay after breakfast. She said that it was not her duty but in the end reluctantly provided the vouchers. She must by the most unhelpful receptionist in our entire 18 days stay and we had stayed in more than 6 different hotels in our 18 days in California.
Do not go there. Also there were finger nail clippings on the carpet. There was stain on the sofa
and no one wanted to sit on . All up we stayed in this hotel 5 nights .
On the 3rd or 4th day, i again asked for another room and was given one that was clearly unmade again in 4th floor. I mentioned that to the receptionist and she was not aware of it

Room Tip: cannot give any tip, receptionist was unhelpful. Only one tried to help but the room she gave were...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank mkw7788
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time and write a very detailed review about our hotel. I would like to apologize for the unpleasant stay that you had at our hotel. Please know that all the issues that you pointed out have been addressed. The managers of each department have retrained their employees and we thank you for pointing out issues that otherwise will be unheard of.

It is my hope that you consider our hotel for your future visits to our area.

Operations Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
The Hotel Fullerton
#1 of 11 in Fullerton
Days Inn & Suites Fullerton
Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground
Fullerton Marriott at California State University
Lemon Tree Hotel and Suites
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Anaheim - Fullerton

Been to Howard Johnson Fullerton Anaheim Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!