“Our favorite restaurant, period” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cracked Pepper Bistro - MOVED

Cracked Pepper Bistro
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Fresno, California
“Our favorite restaurant, period”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The cheese platter is wonderful. Constantly changing with different cheeses. You can bring your own wine for a small corkage fee or get your wine from their impressive selection. The menu is not very extensive but covers all of the bases. We have always had great service. Love this place. Not a place for kids or families. Perfect for an intimate dinner or time with friends.

• Visited July 2013

Clovis CA
“Good Food...Service....on the bad side”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My feeling is the time NOT to go to this establishment is around 7:00. Hard time for the kitchen to get food out. It's a small place. I'm pretty sure they may turn a table over at the MAX 3 times at best.
I think the service would be better if the wait staff just pays attention to what is going on at each table. They would know who needs water refilled OR if a patron is trying to get the attention of just someone...anyone that cares.
I will go back because the food was good.
Next time I will just go into the kitchen and grab the Chef and let him know his wait staff is texting, daydreaming or looking at their watch. Maybe the kitchen staff will get my next tip! NOT THE WAITER!
Food is super. Wait staff needs to be spanked! No one is entitled to a tip. You have to earn it.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Deborah S
Clovis, California
“Great food, bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

While the food was great, the service was on the horrific side. After we were seated, we ordered and appetizer and It took about 30 minutes just to get it, after we ordered our food, it took over an hour to be served. My water glass sat empty next to my plate until we asked for the bill. Luckily we brought our own wine, so after it was opened we could server ourselves. While the food is awesome and the bread pudding is like nothing on this earth, i can't decide if i will be going back. I can see where unforeseen problems would lead to an extra long service, this is not what bothered me, it was the extra long service with the addition of our waiter having to be beckoned for everything and never checking on us. When my water glass stood empty for over an hour, i have to ask if it was the kitchen or the waiter that was extra slow? Tough choice in deciding to go back.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank CaliMitch
San Diego, California
“Great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stopped in Fresno on our way to Yosemite; this restaurant was recommend by our hotel (it wasn't far away), and it was excellent. It was a busy Saturday night and we did not have reservations, but the server was very gracious and seated us in the bar. I had the scallops and my husband had a salmon special--both were outstanding, and our server (Jon) was great. They have a good wine list as well.

Fresno, California
“Great food, wine and service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

From arrival to leaving the staff was very attentive. We had a very relaxing dinner, really delicious food and a nice bottle of wine to share. My steak was cooked to perfection & was amazingly tender.
Be sure to save room for desert as the raisin pudding cake (okay, I forgot the exact name) is well known and amazingly delicious.
One of my wife's absolute favorite places and she's a "foodie." You should have heard her excitement in the car as we drove in to the parking lot headed to this restaurant (it was a surprise dinner for her birthday). Oh-my-gosh was she thrilled. :-)
Here's a tip: Costco sometimes offers a $100 gift card for $79.99 to help with eating here. You can easily use it all so buy two and take some friends.