Tripadvisor

“Great Tasting Food”
Review of The Annex Kitchen

The Annex Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 1,378 Restaurants in Fresno
Description: Chef Jimmy Pardini brings his rustic Italian cooking to a recently renovated family restaurant.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our experience here was leisurely pleasant. The food isn't "fast," and the service is good but not pushy or rushed. My wife had steak and veggies. I had Mahi-mahi which was done perfectly (not overcooked or dry) and served with delicious sauce and herbs. The herbed "smashed" potatoes were served on the side. We split a Zeppole dessert plate (think Italian donuts). We had 5 pm reservations which we didn't need on a Tuesday night, but it was filling up by 6 pm.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (106)

Reviewed November 19, 2019

Meal, drinks, wine and service were all outstanding. Be sure to make a reservation or be prepared to wait. It was very busy on the Tuesday evening I went. Bar is small but full menu is available there, too. The staff were so knowledgeble and courteous that I sought out the manager to tell him I was impressed with the quality of his people. Excellent Italian fare (and a terrific wood oven pizza, which was an unexpected surprise). The only drawback is that it's a bit noisy because of its popularity and hard surfaces everywhere, which causes the sound to reverberate. All in all, I wish I had found The Annex earlier in my business travels. Will definitely return.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 5, 2019 via mobile

A wonderful restaurant. The food is fantastic and the creative selection of cocktails is unmatched. (Had one of the best Old Fashion cocktails I’ve ever tasted!) Very busy which is a sign of how good this place is. My only criticism is that the noise level is a bit high. Try this restaurant...you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed September 12, 2019 via mobile

We literally drive an hour to eat at the Annex Kitchen. Friends and Family have raved about Annex for so long. Unfortunately they are not open on Sundays, so it has been difficult for us to get there. since you need a reservation at least a week or two in advance. We were able to get in with friends a few weeks ago. We had to sit at a communal table, if we wanted a reservation. We accepted the offer and it ended up being just fine. The food and atmosphere and the service was amazing. I don’t crave Italian food because it is Heavy. At the Annex, the pasta is light and tender and so are the sauces. I have tried four different pastas and have loved them all. You must try the corn pasta. We order it as an appetizer. It is sweet corn filled in pasta in a creamy corn sauce. I believe they use fresno state corn. I don’t think you will find this anywhere else. It has a fun vibe and the service is great. They are very attentive and you don’t have to ask for things more than once. It’s worth a try just for the corn pasta. The pastas are priced in the 20s and the steak, chicken, and seafood dinners are priced in the 30s for the most part. My husband had steak twice and both times it was cooked to perfection. If you don’t live in Fresno, it’s worth the drive at least once to try this place! That is what we did. But had to go back again!

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank TazzyMom
Reviewed September 3, 2019

the ambiance is fun and cheerful...although i have a tough time hearing due to the reverberations...but the food is so good i keep going anyway...the seasonal fresno state sweet corn agnolotti is to die for...the pizzas are original and fire grilled...the arancini is a must to order...dessert trio is so fun to share...cocktail menu is fun...reservations are a must...dress can be casual...expect a pricey meal...

Date of visit: August 2019
1  Thank everythingfresno

Been to The Annex Kitchen? Share your experiences!