“Birthday Dinner”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nees
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I used my $10 "gift card" from Daily Grill on Friday night, as August is my birthday month. I had one of their "under 600 calories" dinners, the Blackened Talapia with grilled vegetables. It was delicious!!!!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Great food, wide selection on menu, excellent service, good choice for business lunch! Will go again.

Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stopped in on a Sunday evening late, seated promptly in a nice booth where we could sit side by side. I ordered the mushroom garlic soup to start. It was more like a lentil or bean soup, but wonderfully tasty. The hot crusty bread complimented both the soup and Caesar salad we ordered. The two of us shared a shrimp pomodoro dish, split at no charge, and it was plenty for both. With a glass of white Italian wine, the bill came to only $45 with tip, a real bargain for a nice evening out.

Reviewed July 10, 2012

There are three of us in a certain little group of women friends. We like to dine...we like to celebrate our birthdays together.....and we like it to take forever. Five hour lunches are common for us. Today we branched out to try our local Daily Grill for lunch and our opportunity to fete one another. It was like they had been waiting for us.

We asked for a different table than the one they offered and they quickly and kindly accommodated us. They kept the AMAZING sourdough bread coming while we pondered the menu for an hour. They asked about the gifts we were toting and we told them all THREE of us were having a birthday - not today but today was the chosen day to celebrate - because our birthdays are fairly close. They tried hard to make a drink I requested - a "Cool Burn" - and it was the only thing they were unable to provide (might be regional or unique item as I've only ever had it in Cayucos at Schooner's - another amazing place). However, I was extremely happy with my pomegranate margarita.

We started with the seared Ahi - a favorite of mine here - and then dined on Chicken Picata. Two of us ordered this and we both requested extra capers. It came perfectly and just as ordered. Potatoes were scrumptious and the broccoli was enormous.

As soon as we were finished we were brought dessert menus and informed that each of us would receive the dessert of our choice - on the house - for our birthdays. Very pleasantly surprised. I would have expected perhaps ONE free dessert for us to share but this was above and beyond. Delectable offerings and, without doubt, the BEST key lime pie I have EVER tasted. Coffee was delivered promptly and kept full and our waiter remembered the cream (so nice when they reMEMber the cream) and our water glasses were never empty.

We had one special request and the manager went all out to make us happy (though we were already very inclined to be pleased with everything after the way we had been treated). What a delightful lunch - all five hours of it - and we won't wait for another birthday to return. This just became a favorite spot for three happy women.

Thank you to all of you who made our visit a lovely one in every way!

1  Thank ReillyClan
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I had a business lunch at the Daily Grill in Fresno CA recently. The service was excellent. I had a reservation and was seated immediately. The wait staff was so attentive that I felt bad shooing them away while I talked business. The drinking were continuosly filled, the food was great, the menu extensive. Overall a great experience.

Been to Daily Grill? Share your experiences!