“Pampered, Served, and Fed OH So Well!”
Review of Daily Grill

Daily Grill
Ranked #90 of 1,141 Restaurants in Fresno
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nees
Reviewed July 10, 2012

There are three of us in a certain little group of women friends. We like to dine...we like to celebrate our birthdays together.....and we like it to take forever. Five hour lunches are common for us. Today we branched out to try our local Daily Grill for lunch and our opportunity to fete one another. It was like they had been waiting for us.

We asked for a different table than the one they offered and they quickly and kindly accommodated us. They kept the AMAZING sourdough bread coming while we pondered the menu for an hour. They asked about the gifts we were toting and we told them all THREE of us were having a birthday - not today but today was the chosen day to celebrate - because our birthdays are fairly close. They tried hard to make a drink I requested - a "Cool Burn" - and it was the only thing they were unable to provide (might be regional or unique item as I've only ever had it in Cayucos at Schooner's - another amazing place). However, I was extremely happy with my pomegranate margarita.

We started with the seared Ahi - a favorite of mine here - and then dined on Chicken Picata. Two of us ordered this and we both requested extra capers. It came perfectly and just as ordered. Potatoes were scrumptious and the broccoli was enormous.

As soon as we were finished we were brought dessert menus and informed that each of us would receive the dessert of our choice - on the house - for our birthdays. Very pleasantly surprised. I would have expected perhaps ONE free dessert for us to share but this was above and beyond. Delectable offerings and, without doubt, the BEST key lime pie I have EVER tasted. Coffee was delivered promptly and kept full and our waiter remembered the cream (so nice when they reMEMber the cream) and our water glasses were never empty.

We had one special request and the manager went all out to make us happy (though we were already very inclined to be pleased with everything after the way we had been treated). What a delightful lunch - all five hours of it - and we won't wait for another birthday to return. This just became a favorite spot for three happy women.

Thank you to all of you who made our visit a lovely one in every way!

1  Thank ReillyClan

Reviewed May 11, 2012

I had a business lunch at the Daily Grill in Fresno CA recently. The service was excellent. I had a reservation and was seated immediately. The wait staff was so attentive that I felt bad shooing them away while I talked business. The drinking were continuosly filled, the food was great, the menu extensive. Overall a great experience.

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Their happy hour is the best thing going. We really enjoyed the San Francisco Daily Grill so we decided to try the Fresno one again. Food was just ok...good but not delightful. But the service was sad. We had a reservation but they weren't that busy. Despite that, it took forever for our waiter to come, 15 minutes later another guy brought our drinks and another 15 minutes later a different waiter came to take our order. Had to ask about specials, soups, etc. This rotation of servers continued all night...so nobody really gave a crap about us. And the food was just ok. At the SF location they were booming busy, our busy server was great and the food was much better off the same menu. Disappointed.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Wonderful food, wine, service and atmosphere. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed December 24, 2007

We enjoyed a very nice meal this past Sat. night at the Daily Grill, a high-end chain restaurant that has recently opened in the area. The ambiance is very nice with a couple of more private dining rooms in addition to the main diner-style area. We were seated in a private room to the right of the restaurant off of the bar area that was very nice with lots of large windows for an open-feeling to the room.

We started with the Popcorn Shrimp that was very good, my son and his girlfriend joined us for dinner, a Bon Voyage celebration before they head off to Mexico on a cruise after Christmas. The Shrimp was served with two kinds of dipping sauces, both were very good. I ordered a glass of the Sauv Blanc from the Santa Barbara area, also.

Service was friendly tho a bit spotty througout the meal. I also had a Caesar Salad that was not included in the entree price and it was prepared good. My entree was the Pan Fried Trout which was excellent, served with sides of Red Potatoes and Brocolli. Other entrees were the Lobster Pot Pie (which was huge and we laughed when it came out to the table), Macaroni and Cheese and a Chicken entree. Everyone enjoyed their food and we had a great time before heading over to Christmas Tree Lane.

For dessert our server convinced us that the Key Lime pie was the way to go, it was wonderful, served with a Raspberry sauce and a small dallop of whipped cream. Enough for everyone to enjoy.

Overall, we had a great time and would return again, my older son enjoyed the Daily Grill in San Francisco a few weeks ago. A very nice addition to the Fresno dining scene!

3  Thank syrahgirl

Been to Daily Grill? Share your experiences!