“Good value hotel” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6844 North Fresno Street, Fresno, CA 93710   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Love & Romance in Fresno!
Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
“Good value hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Stayed one (Saturday) night recently at the suites while visiting friends in the North Fresno area. Although we have stayed at many Marriott hotels, had never stayed at a SpringHill Suite property. We were pleased with the size of our room (king), the overall cleanliness, friendliness and modern ambiance of this property. The only negative was a somewhat noisy air conditioning unit in the room. The hotel has a good size pool/spa and a small workout room which is ample, particularly for business travelers. Also enjoyed the breakfast buffet which had just about anything you could want for morning fare. The hotel is located near great shopping and dining areas, as well as various business and medical facilities. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Danville, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Our suite was plenty roomy for 2 people. For 3, it would be tight and you would be tripping over things but the sofa-bed is usable with some furniture rearrangement. There is a bedroom with king bed, a sink area, a bathroom with tub/shower & toilet, and a living area. The living area took up 1/3 of the floor space.

The only interior door is the bathroom. The living area and the bedroom are separated only by a partial wall, so you cannot isolate either area for light or sound. The bedroom area has the only closet and window. Unfortunately there was one problem. The bedroom has a very noisy air conditioner/heat pump. Be prepared for white noise all night! Also, bring a night light because it is pitch black with nary a single source of lighting save maybe the bedside radio.

A microwave, refrigerator, and coffee maker sit in an alcove near the front door. The refrigerator had no freezer compartment, so your frozen stuff will defrost. Still, it's more than enough for saving restaurant leftovers.

The free WI-FI was excellent! It was like broadband at home. It was much better than some Residence Inns I've stayed in, The free breakfast was identical to that of the Residence Inns and included hot eggs, sausage, waffles, and just about anything else you might want in a free breakfast. Seating in the dining area was limited but the hotel was not full on our visit.

In summary, it was excellent for 2 except the noise air conditioner.

Room Tip: No good views anywhere.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
3 Thank frankyee
McCamey, Manager at SpringHill Suites Fresno, responded to this review, February 26, 2012
I appreciate the very detailed review you have provided for your recent stay at the SpringHill Suites in Fresno. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast and free wifi. We are actually preparing for faster internet which should be completed sometime in March. I have to say the make your own waffle station is a personal favorite of mine so I am glad you enjoyed that as well. I apologize for the noisy PTAC unit. Sometimes if the front cover is not completely closed it will rattle a bit, I will be sure to have our Engineer go around and check all of those to make sure they are closed. I see that you have been helpful to other travelers in finding a good place to stay. I truly appreciate you including us on your Trip Advisor review page. Safe Travels!
North Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2012

Stayed here one Saturday night with a friend. Great senior rate. Room was good size with living room separate from sleeping area. Not a different room, but separate from sleeping area.

The only problem my friend and I had (arriving in separate cars) was finding how to get into the hotel. The sign for the hotel is on Fresno St., but the main entrance is around the other side of the hotel. It's hard to explain, but don't park on the west side of the hotel when you register. The entrance is on the east side.

• Stayed January 2012
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

I stayed in Springhill (SHS) while working in Fresno. During my Fresno tenure, I had the opportunity to stay at several hotels and the SHS was clearly the best. The toilets always flushed, the hot water was always hot, and the beds were always free of bedbugs. All very import. But, the hotel leadership really sets this hotel apart from the other Fresno hotels. The leadership team is outstanding. From the GM on down, Amy and her team were able to balance the needs of the other staff with the needs of the guests. I had never seen this before; the GM was protective of both the staff (i.e. housekeeping, breakfast servers, etc.) and the guests. On more than several occasions, the GM and/or her leadership team would be cleaning tables, refilling coffee pots, cleaning the floors, and checking in guests to help the staff as well as the guests.

Other items to note include the hotel’s nice pool and hot tub as well as the flexible breakfast times. My one suggestion for improvement is to increase the speed of the high speed internet. Be prepared. Yet, on the few occasions where I was in crisis, Amy and her team came through with a fax, a copy, or a print.

Please see my several other reviews to ensure that my SHS review is fair and candid. If you are staying in Fresno for either business or pleasure and want to minimize the risk of a bad stay, I highly recommend the Springhill Suites.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank jknight910
Houston, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel. Upon arrival you can tell that it is a newer hotel. After reading reviews I almost cancelled because the reviews seem mediocre. However, I am glad that we kept our reservations as is. We were there to visit family for a long weekend and it turns out that we were very close to our relatives. We used the work out facilities (which was basically treadmills and a weight machine). Also we ate the continental breakfast which I thought was very nice with waffles and all. All and all we enjoyed our stay. The only downfall I would say is that the water system was a little weak. When flushing the toilets you had to flush a few times, I was afraid it would overflow at one time. Also, the entry door into your room is close to another room so you do hear the opening and closing of the door. With that being said, I would stay here again. We need to visit Fresno again next month so we are considering staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor, away from the elevators and didn't have any problems.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ladyTHouston_TX
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

Since we live an hour away from St. Agnes Hospital in Fresno, I booked a night at the Springhill Suites in Fresno which is only a few blocks from the hospital. My husband had a surgical procedure and they were going to keep him overnight. Actually, they kept him three nights and I was able to extend my stay two nights. The room was spacious, clean, and quiet. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. They even have a tiny store with various microwavable food, ice cream, snacks, etc. The first nigth I was exhausted and bought a pizza which I microwaved in my room (not great but a little substanance). Breakfast was the usual for this type of motel/hotel. The facility is close to Riverpark which has all manner of restaurants, shops, bookstores and a movie theater.

Room Tip: I stayed on both the third floor and the first floor. I was in the middle and didn't hear any tr...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lessalt
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

This was our 4th stay at the Springhill Suites Fresno (totalling around 25 nights in the past 2 years). Each of our stays have been as great if not greater than the last especially due to the circumstances surrounding why we were there. We were extremely fortunate in 2009 to be matched with a birthmom in our adoption quest out in Fresno and as one can imagine, it's an extreme roller coaster of emotions with many highs and lows. Each night when we returned to the property, we were welcomed with smiles from the staff and a very generously sized comfortable room to be able to sit back and take a breather. The sitting room which was separated from the bedroom was great when one of us was up with baby while the other tried to get some sleep. Once our son was born, the staff could not do enough for us - all requests were handled without delay regardless of the hour. The 24hr coffee/tea availability was a welcome plus due to our late nights/early mornings and the daily hot breakfast certainly catered to all tastes. We returned last year to visit with our birthmom thinking that perhaps this would be the last time we'd be visiting Fresno for a while but as luck would have it, we received a call a couple of months ago from our agency wondering if our son would like a sister. We returned to Fresno again a few weeks ago and didn't think twice of where we would be staying. The staff recognised us all and by the end of our stay, our son not only had a new baby sister but an extended family at the Springhill Suites. As we have stayed at the property for so many nights, we have been able to take advantage of all that it has to offer - from the heated pool, to the hot tub as well as the fitness room. All are extremely well maintained.
On a more personal note, a huge shout out must go to the fantastic Jennifer and Amy - AGM and GM of the property as well as their the entire front desk staff; Sylvia and her housekeeping crew and the lovely Lucy in the breakfast room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family