“Not what I expected”

Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Fresno, California
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed February 15, 2009

I found the reviews trying to find a nice place to have Valentines dinner with my boyfriend. It sounded really great and since it was the day before Valentines day I booked as soon as they said they had an opening. The place was nice but my new Little Black Dress and heels was way to dressy for this place. The food was priced great but their sushi was not. We didn't try their main dinner dishes because my boyfriend and I love sushi and we have had better. So if you are planning to go here for a Romantic sushi dinner date, I would go somewhere else.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I love this place. The environment is EXCELLENT! The food is GREAT especially the Dol Jot Bi Mi Bap. It's better than...”
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I love this place. The environment is EXCELLENT! The food is GREAT especially the Dol Jot Bi Mi Bap. It's better than L.A.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
California
“Fresh, innovative Korean/Japanese fusion. WOW!”
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Looking for a change of pace? Eat at Maroo and you will not be disappointed. The Crab Mari is (real) crab rolled in a spinach wrap and then gently grilled and served with a delicate mustard sauce. The Clam saute was so dang yummy, we had to order a second helping. Sashimi is served on ice, so it stays cold and fresh. The servings are ample and the prices are appropriate for the quality. Everything tastes fresh and light. Sushi rolls offer different than the usual combinations found elsewhere. The Korean dishes are excellent.

The service is delightfully friendly and efficient. No waiting for dishes to appear or drinks to be refreshed.

We highly recommend Maroo. The decor is modern and relaxing with private booths or tables spaced far enough away from the others that you are not privy to someone's conversation. A real treat.

2 Thank salesmaven
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“The Most Amazing Korean-Japanese Fusion Resaurant Around! One of my favorite places to eat!”
Reviewed March 13, 2008