“Great Hotel”

Piccadilly Inn Airport
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Hotel has very spacious rooms with a great view of the pool area. My husband loved the big screen TV. We were able to enjoy the pool area. Everyone in the hotel was very friendly and helpful. We will visit this hotel again for just a night getaway

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Stayed one night on two occasions while awaiting/returning from a trip. Both nights were on 1st floor and rooms were spacious and clean. Both rooms had outlets that did not allow devices to sit securely. They jiggled or easily fell out. Room 122 (2 queens) faces main parking lot and was surprisingly quiet. Room 111 (1 king) faced the pool area and not so quiet and the person(s) above us were heavy walkers that made the ceiling squeak and the wall-secured headboard shake and creak against the wall. Other than that, hotel personnel were friendly, helpful and rooms were roomy and clean. The airport is across the street too and allows one to walk to car rental area; I'd stay here again but not in room 111. Coupon for a free appetizer per person and continental b-fast were included, a bonus.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We've been using Piccadilly Inn Airport for a very long time. As a tour company(AJU TOURS), we send multiple groups at a time throughout the month and we couldn't be happier. Our guest loves the hotel and never had any complaints. Their staff is very helpful and friendly. Stephanie especially always helps us out and we very thankful. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Even though we would like to keep this little Gem to ourselves it would be unfair.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have been staying here for almost 3 months, with approximately another 9 to go. Stephanie and her lovely staff, from day one, have all gone out of their respective ways to accommodate myself and all involved with my crew. On the few occasions I had an issue, it was promptly and courteously dealt with as if I was the only guest in the hotel! As a hardworking man who spends more time in hotels then in his own house, and has been like that for 12 years, I can honestly say that this is definitely on the higher end of the spectrum in all aspects of hospitality. Breakfast vouchers and restaurant vouchers for the steak and anchor, which is great in its own right, are given upon check-in... I have no qualms with staying here for the remainder of my time in Fresno, and am glad to consider this my home away from home..

Room Tip: 1st floor courtyard doors open right to the hot tub and pool!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I just finished a 2 night hotel stay here this week for work. My colleague obtained a pretty good name your rate on Priceline, and so we went for it. Mind you, there is no breakfast included here and although it looks like a full service nearly 4 star hotel from the exterior, it is not. I had recently attended a company meeting in their banquet facilities and it was pretty good. The hotel is a series of buildings that are connected with outside facing doors which require card key access each time you go from one building to the next. The parking lot seemed much larger than it was, due to the fact the hotel wasn't very busy. This was a plus for me since I never encountered noise or waits for service from the staff. It was so quiet it was almost eerie! Long hotel corridors which never seemed to have any occupants except myself and work colleague.
The rooms were large and as a non smoker, found no issues with the odor except the halls seem to reek of cigarettes. The hotel gym was an old guest room converted to a space for a stationary bike, a treadmill and a cross trainer. It was reminiscent of hotel "gyms" from the late 1970's and early 1980's. The television was an older analogue version, which functioned perfectly but the selections included no premium channels. The pool and hot tub were deserted as well, although they were heated and perfectly swimmable. I didn't fly in, but you could stay here and walk to the Fresno Airport, which seemed to be about a block away from the parking lot on the back side of the hotel. For the price paid it was definitely worth it, but I don't think I'd pay their posted regular rate usually found online.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Thank you for your extremely thorough review. Our large hotel can certainly feel a bit quiet at times when our occupancy is running lower when compared to some of the smaller branded properties. Most of the time we have the opposite challenge since we are one of the highest occupied hotels in the Fresno area. We have new ownership and we are dedicated to improving some of the aging aspects of our hotel, such as the fitness center. We have recently purchased new mattresses, bedding, 34" flat screen TV's for our guest rooms and have just gone live with the fastest complimentary guest internet in the area at 50 mbps. New powered entrance doors are on order as well as new equipment for our restaurant. We will certainly focus on improving our guests expectations with invaluable responses such as yours.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Convenient to airport, friendly shuttle and desk staff, and the rooms were fairly nice for an older property...unfortunately the experience did not end well. I realized I had left an expensive blouse hanging in the closet after I boarded my flight. I called the hotel and spoke to the manager, Stephanie, and reported it and left my information, but never heard back. I called the next day, and left my information again with the front desk. This time I received a call back stating the manager was checking on it and would call me back. Didn't hear anything for 2 days, so this time I called back and remained on hold. Unfortunately, the blouse is missing. I travel all over the United States frequently for business, and have occasionally left items behind. I am happy to say more often than not they have been returned to me, but in this case the item is gone, and I had to chase down the answer. I will not return to this property.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Paul H, Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Hello Martha, I am sincerely sorry to hear we were not able to locate your blouse and the response time you experienced was certainly distressing to learn about. I have had a very pointed conversation with our operation managers concerning our acceptable expected response time to our guests (two days is not acceptable). We have an above average staff that has turned in over $14,000 in cash in the last twelve months with one guest leaving over $12,000 of his company's receipts in the room, so our staff has a very honest track history. We would certainly love to have you back on your next visit to the area and make amends for our shortcomings during your last visit. I would like to hear from you personally the next time you are in our neighborhood.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

IU have stayed at this hotel a few times, and also use it when we have firefighters that are traveling through the state of California while fighting the numerous wildland fires we have every year through the state. The staff is wonderful to work with, the rooms are clean and ready on time. The hotel management teat is one of the finest around. They are always there greeting us with smiles and ready to fix any issues that come up during they stay. I would recommend this hotel for any and all of your travels in the Fresno and Central Valley area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business