“Unfortunate experience”

Piccadilly Inn Airport
Ranked #20 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Convenient to airport, friendly shuttle and desk staff, and the rooms were fairly nice for an older property...unfortunately the experience did not end well. I realized I had left an expensive blouse hanging in the closet after I boarded my flight. I called the hotel and spoke to the manager, Stephanie, and reported it and left my information, but never heard back. I called the next day, and left my information again with the front desk. This time I received a call back stating the manager was checking on it and would call me back. Didn't hear anything for 2 days, so this time I called back and remained on hold. Unfortunately, the blouse is missing. I travel all over the United States frequently for business, and have occasionally left items behind. I am happy to say more often than not they have been returned to me, but in this case the item is gone, and I had to chase down the answer. I will not return to this property.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Paul H, Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Hello Martha, I am sincerely sorry to hear we were not able to locate your blouse and the response time you experienced was certainly distressing to learn about. I have had a very pointed conversation with our operation managers concerning our acceptable expected response time to our guests (two days is not acceptable). We have an above average staff that has turned in over $14,000 in cash in the last twelve months with one guest leaving over $12,000 of his company's receipts in the room, so our staff has a very honest track history. We would certainly love to have you back on your next visit to the area and make amends for our shortcomings during your last visit. I would like to hear from you personally the next time you are in our neighborhood.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

IU have stayed at this hotel a few times, and also use it when we have firefighters that are traveling through the state of California while fighting the numerous wildland fires we have every year through the state. The staff is wonderful to work with, the rooms are clean and ready on time. The hotel management teat is one of the finest around. They are always there greeting us with smiles and ready to fix any issues that come up during they stay. I would recommend this hotel for any and all of your travels in the Fresno and Central Valley area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2014

If your are a traveler, the Fresno Piccadilly Inn Airport can not be beat. It has the best overall location, shuttle service to the airport which is only a quarter of a mile across the street, full service restaurant with perhaps the best steak in town, a friendly atmosphere and the cleanest and most comfortable rooms in all of Fresno. For these reasons our Clovis High School Class held its 50 year reunion there and had the time of our lives.

Room Tip: Stay a night and and fly out of Fresno Yosemite Airport the next morning and it's just across th...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 7, 2014

my company and myself have been putting our clients up at the Piccadilly for years, they have a great atmosphere and the service is awsome! i have had great support from Stephanie, and the other staff

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The beds were brand new and comfortable. Also, the TV and all the linens looked to be brand new. There is a restaurant that is pretty good and affordable. With nothing much really to do in Fresno, this hotel was a present surprise. They also have a workout room that was easy to use.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I had a canceled flight so my plans changed unexpectedly so I stayed not knowing much about the hotel. It's outdated but my room was very clean, big, and had a new bed. I liked it most because I didn't feel cramped by the space like in so many of the new hotels I stay at.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Nicole, thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed the larger size of our rooms which really is an overlooked benefit when comparing our hotel to many of the newer properties. We are continuing our efforts to improve our valued guest's experience and look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed ere because I had an early flight out and a shuttle service was provided. The room was comfortable, clean and reasonably prices. The dual shower head was a surprise. I will stay here every time that I have an early flight out or a late flight arriving at the Fresno airport. This is easier and more convenient than driving to LA for the Bay Area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank rocklvr03
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Thank you so much for your great response. We are working hard to continue to improve in all areas of our property and will continue to utilize our guest feedback as a guide to address our guest's experience. We wish you safe travels and a great year in 2014.