“Very nice stay at the Piccadilly Inn Airport in Fresno”

Piccadilly Inn Airport
Ranked #23 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My wife and I had a very nice stay at the Piccadilly Inn Airport hotel in Fresno. The room was quite comfortable and the hotel had an inhouse bar and restaurant that were both quite nice. The hotel was right across the street from the Fresno airport for convenience. We enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay here again when we visit family in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank John C
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Thank you for your considerate review. We are diligently working on improving our hotel and restaurants to enhance our guest experience. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future and we continue to improve to assure all of your visits remain positive.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

I arrived late, the place is very close to the airport and easy to find. The man at the counter was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean with newer furnishings. TV, refrigerator, iron and board, desk, coffee and pot, Bible, cups and enough towels. Shampoo, soap and lotion are from a wall mounted dispenser. No pen or pad, but they gave me one at the desk. Everything was clean. The breakfast had a waffle machine, cereals, milk, juice, coffee, yogurt, fruit, toast, bagels and stuff like that. They had pop, snacks, tooth brushes an all those items for $1.00 each including tax. Free news papers. It worked for me, for travel. I wouldn't spend a honeymoon there. The only thing that creeped me out was when I was leaving in the morning I saw a car in the lot that had its passenger side window smashed in. Someone did a smash and grab. My cousin lives in Clovis and I told him about it. He said it's that way all over Fresno and Clovis. My advice is park near the office and don't leaving ANYTHING in your car, take it your room or stash it in the trunk.

Room Tip: After learning of the smash and grab I wasn't thrilled about being on the ground level and I am...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are always listening carefully to our guests in order to create a more positive experience. The cities of Fresno and Clovis are working with local hoteliers in an effort to curb crime. Our hotel has made a commitment to providing a more secure environment by adding a walking patrol and cameras. Our property has had very few incidents but so our continued efforts will help avoid more of these problems. We are currently making many improvements on the property including flat screen televisions, new mattresses & bedding, with many property wide upgrades soon to come. We strive to be your choice for comfort and hospitality.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This was my first trip to Fresno and I stayed here based on a colleague's recommendation. I could not have been happier. It has a great location, clean as can be, amazing grounds/landscaping and the service is welcoming. The pictures posted here are not accurate. Bedspreads are gone as they have a new bed package and all the rooms have new TVs. Give it a try.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

The Piccadilly Inn Airport is working hard to meet our guests expectations. We have many new features being added including flat screen televisions, high speed internet, new bedding and much more in the pipeline. Our team thanks you for your insight and thoughtful feedback. We will continue to strive to make each of our guests have the hospitality experience that exceeds their expectation.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Reminded me of staying at grandma's house. Older, funky... but clean hotel. Still had a wallpaper border in the bathroom. (just like grandma.) (tip to hotel... TAKE IT DOWN. the border looks old and dirty, I took mine down about 10 years ago.)

Check in was friendly and kind. I checked in on October 31 and was given a trick or treat candy back at check-in. VERY COOL and appreciated right before bed. ;0) (again, thank you.. nice touch!)

Room was clean and over looked the nicely landscaped pool area. Older room, which had a comfortable bed. Older small bathroom with a funky shower head, but was good for one night.

I bet this was THE hotel in it's day.

As for the TV. Too stupid for words. When flat panel digital TV's are $200, there is NO excuse for a room with a old 1990's TV set. (I didn't even want to watch it, it hurt my eyes.)

This was only a one night stay, would I stay again... sure for the right price.

Room Tip: Book through Hotwire., the rate was $40 less. TIP to hotel. Offer the same rate as Hotwire and y...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your response. The Piccadilly Inn Airport has recently been purchased and is in the process of many new improvements including great 34" flat panel televisions, new mattresses, and bedding. We are adding improving our complimentary high speed internet with a much more effective service that will certainly be a great advantage to our guests. We are certainly committed to providing value and service to exceed our guest's expectations.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband made reservations both by phone and in person while he and our son stayed there the week before. Once we got to the hotel, we were told we didn't have reservations and no rooms were available for that night. After much conversation and questioning why they weren't showing our reservation, the front desk staff made a discovery that when a call is made to the hotel reservation number, you are automatically directed to Expedia. It was Expedia who canceled our reservation without explanation and without any notice! This is a nice hotel and the rooms are clean and comfortable. There is a bar and restaurant on site. We only go to Fresno once a year to attend the horse races so we chose this hotel because my husband and son stayed there the week before and enjoyed their stay. Their prices are affordable but one suggestion I have is that they do something about the extremely heavy front doors. My mother-in-law needs help getting around and if was difficult to get the doors open in order to help her get inside and outside. I rated the "location" as very good because of its location near the airport only. We were in town to go to the Fair and it's quite a distance from the Fairgrounds but there are no hotels close to the Fairgrounds that we'd feel comfortable or safe staying in.

Room Tip: There are no elevators so if you stay above the first floor, be prepared to carry your luggage up th...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Thank K. B

Thank you for your thoughtful response. I'm very glad we were able to get to the bottom of the reservation issue and help amend the problem. We currently have quotes to install a power door at our main entrance. We know this is certainly a feature that will aid our guests to off on the right foot as they arrive at our hotel. Our team is working hard to make you future stays with us comfortable and productive.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

My husband and I as well went for the mystery hotel at a very good price.
When we learned that is was the Piccadilly Hotel we were curious since it has recently been sold.
Since we always have early morning flights out od Fresno this was very easy to walk or take their shuttle available any time .
We had a room on the second floor with no elevator. No problem. We had nobody above us and
a lovely balcony overlooking the courtyard and pool. Our room was huge and had a new mattress, flat screen TV , fridge and coffee maker. The room was clean but dated and some of the outlets were very loose .
There is a full service restaurant and a great bar. Nice menu in the bar as well and great bartenders. We enjoyed our stay very much and will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard. Very quiet and lovely balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 2muchfun4us
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Thank you for your courteous response the Piccadilly Inn Airport has been a grand flagship hotel for the Fresno area for over 30 years. Recently under new ownership, our hotel is moving forward with many new and exciting improvements. We look forward to being your home away from home during your stay in Fresno.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I booked this hotel on expedia.com. It was one of their "mystery hotels" where they offer a great rate but do not divulge the name of hotel until after you book. That can be scary but we just needed a one night stay close to the airport for an early morning flight. I took a chance on a room for $57 and was pleasantly surprised. I am picky about cleanliness...and will pick a place apart. Outside was clean, glass doors were sparkling, lobby was spacious and had nice furniture and everything was clean. So far, so good. Hallways were wide, but dark...I started getting worried...but, we opened Room 116 and all was well. Bathroom was cleaner than the Tenaya Lodge we had stayed in at Yosemite....and that is supposed to be a resort. Bed linens smelled fresh and bed was comfortable. Towels were not wafer thin and rough...average for the price we were paying. I saw a fitness room but did not use it. TV worked well, free internet and the AC worked well and hotel was quiet. We had a prompt free shuttle to the Fresno AIrport which is across the street from the hotel. Courteous and friendly staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple