WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Piccadilly Inn Airport

Piccadilly Inn Airport
Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Seattle
“Nice hotel, friendly staff, nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stayed one night at the Piccadilly Inn in Fresno near the airport in December. My husband is from Fresno and wanted our family to stay in a safe location and in a nice hotel. This is the one he suggested.

Overall this was a very nice hotel. The check in was fast and the front desk woman was very friendly and helpful. My overall impressions when I first entered was very nice looking on the inside. A little fancy compared to your typical Motel 6 or Super 8. We even received a voucher for a free appetizer at the restaurant in the hotel.

I really enjoy the rooms only being accessed from the inside, which this Inn is. Our room was okay. We had two queen bed. I like when a hotel has a little separate place for the restroom and closet. The room decor was a bit out dated, the comforters and the trim, but it was a large room with a desk and table (and 2 queen beds). The room had an older TV, coffee maker, iron, hair dryer and refrigerator.

I like the multiple entrances with room key access only. My husband used the spa in the evening and said it was very quiet.

Really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here overnight while flying out of Fresno the next day. Its literally across the street so access to the airport is just minutes away. Our room was spacious with King bed on the main floor. TV, coffee maker, iron, hair dryer and basic ammenities were included. They had 3 restaurants on site which made dining very convenient. We ate in main dining room which was good food and good service. We had drinks in the bar and cant compliment the general manager on duty that night enough. He was fun, interesting and so helpful on general information about CA. We really enjoyed his company. I would stay here again with no hesitation.....they have a very nice patio/pool also if you'd like to use that and a very nice fitness center. They have a huge lobby with complimentary newspaper scattered about and free wi-fi.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank geminigirlNewYork
Niagara, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

This wasn't a bad place at all - we stayed the night before our flight out of Fresno, and it is conveniently close to the airport. We didn't use the extra facilities (bar, restaurant, pool, etc.) due to the time we arrived. The one (minor) issue that we had was that we had a room on the second floor and there wasn't an elevator. Two petite women hauling a heavy, bulging suitcase up and down the stairs was a bit difficult. I'm sure that if we asked for assistance, we would have received it. Our desk clerk was a sweetheart during check-in. She did mention that an elevaltor was planned for installation in the next year. The on-line rate was good, and the place was clean and seemed as though it was in a decent area of town.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Oakhurst,CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

very clean!! nice rooms a little dated but great... wouldnt stay anywhere else!!!!
nice pool spa, putting green!!!! great staff, bill at oliver's great host,just wonderfulness...nice pub...great people ,pool looks wunderbar
.......

• Stayed September 2012
Yankton, South Dakota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

Piccadilly Inn regular or express? I’ve stayed at both now. The hotels are located adjacent to one another directly south of the Fresno airport. The main difference I could tell is the Piccadilly Inn Airport has a bar and restaurant the Piccadilly Express does not. I did use either the bar or restaurant during my stay. The price difference thru Kayak was $87 for the regular and $85 for the express. During my stay in the north wing of the hotel, the main door, the pop machine and the movie rental system were not working. The doorway setup does require you to walk outside, so if you have security concerns ask for the room with direct indoor access. The room was nice but nothing special. The bathroom was a bit beatup around the edges but acceptable. But the main reason to stay at this hotel (or the Express) is the very easy 2 minute hotel shuttle to the airport. If you are waiting for an early plane, and want an quick ride to the airport for under $100 a night, this is a good choice.

Room Tip: I used Kayk and got a king suite for $87 (including taxes and fees). If you have security concerns...
1 Thank tazmansd
Houston
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed at the Piccadilly Inn Airport Fresno a few weeks ago for Night while having business. Parking Lot was under construction, Airport shuttle doesn't appear to run regularly. However, they will get a cab for you if necessary and cover the expense.

The rooms and property are little outdated, great price online. I would recommend if you need a place to crash for a few hours.

With some remodeling, this could be a nice hotel in a great location for business travelers flying in.

FYI...it's so close that I actually walked to the airport from my room. Took less than 5 minutes.

1 Thank milliganmonks
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Thank you for feedback. We added a beautiful new roof in 2012 and made some much needed improvement to the infrastructure. I'm excited to say that we are now scheduling many much needed improvements to bolster our guest's experience. Rooms, public space, and restaurants will soon be undergoing new and exciting changes. Thanks again for your important feedback and we wish you safe and happy travels.
Rancho Mirage, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

When I made my reservation by telephone I knew I was arriving after 7:30 PM on a Sunday night. I specifically asked how late the restaurant remained open and was told 9:00 PM. I also asked about pick up at the Fresno Airport and was told that service was available. When I arrived at the Fresno Airport I called the hotel for a pick up. I waited over 20 minutes (the hotel is 3 minutes away) and the driver said he was the only one on duty. I asked him about dining and he told me that the restaurant was not open on Sunday night and he knew of no nearby places to eat. When I checked in the lady at the desk was very nice and told me that I might get a "snack" in the bar and she would call the bartender and tell him I was coming. The snack consisted of corn chips and cheese nachos. The night before checkout I tried to use their public computer to get my boarding passes in advance and the computer was slower than my old "dial up" internet connections. After over 15 minutes nothing was accomplished. Otherwise, the room was comfortable and the food in the restaurant was good (when open). But, I could not recommend the hotel to travelers expecting a higher level of service and customer care.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank doublfault
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I am certainly sorry to hear of your experience. We make every effort to assure that our guests receive the service they expect. The challenges facing businesses and travelers in this economic climate are certainly noticeable. Our restaurant has closed on Sunday nights during low season for several years and I apologize that this information wasn’t conveyed to you more effectively. We do put significant thought and quality in the complimentary food that is provided in lieu of our restaurant opening that is certainly more substantial than a simple snack. I will continue to use your valuable feedback to address the situation to evolve to a better guest experience.