“VERY ORDINARY”

Ranked #22 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Rancho Mirage, California
“VERY ORDINARY”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

When I made my reservation by telephone I knew I was arriving after 7:30 PM on a Sunday night. I specifically asked how late the restaurant remained open and was told 9:00 PM. I also asked about pick up at the Fresno Airport and was told that service was available. When I arrived at the Fresno Airport I called the hotel for a pick up. I waited over 20 minutes (the hotel is 3 minutes away) and the driver said he was the only one on duty. I asked him about dining and he told me that the restaurant was not open on Sunday night and he knew of no nearby places to eat. When I checked in the lady at the desk was very nice and told me that I might get a "snack" in the bar and she would call the bartender and tell him I was coming. The snack consisted of corn chips and cheese nachos. The night before checkout I tried to use their public computer to get my boarding passes in advance and the computer was slower than my old "dial up" internet connections. After over 15 minutes nothing was accomplished. Otherwise, the room was comfortable and the food in the restaurant was good (when open). But, I could not recommend the hotel to travelers expecting a higher level of service and customer care.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank doublfault
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
I am certainly sorry to hear of your experience. We make every effort to assure that our guests receive the service they expect. The challenges facing businesses and travelers in this economic climate are certainly noticeable. Our restaurant has closed on Sunday nights during low season for several years and I apologize that this information wasn’t conveyed to you more effectively. We do put significant thought and quality in the complimentary food that is provided in lieu of our restaurant opening that is certainly more substantial than a simple snack. I will continue to use your valuable feedback to address the situation to evolve to a better guest experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Bonifay, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2012

Really nice place to stay! Big rooms, very comfortable! The resturant inside has delicious food. They will even do room service, with a $10 minium, but was all good. All the workers were so nice and friendly!

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you for such a kind response. The Piccadilly Inn Airport staff is tireless in our efforts to occommmodate our guests. We appreciate the feedback of all of our guests as it provides us with the information vital to continue to improve our hotel.
Westchester County, NY
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I had a great dinner at this hotel's restaurant 2 nights ago with 2 other people from our hiking trip to Yosemite. The waiter, Daniel, was such a professional, as was the bus boy, James, and the manager, Shawn. The food was delicious; the prices were very reasonable, and we all had a wonderful time. We didn't stay at the hotel, but we can tell you that you should eat there. Don't judge it by its dated decor -- judge it by the food and the service, which were top notch. The location, right by the airport, makes it an easy place to get to from several of the other local hotels. We walked across the street!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback. Our restaurant has been the focus of great effort to improve our service and food quality. Your response will help our staff feel good about their hard work knowing that their efforts are making a difference. We look forward to having you as our guest if you're back in our neighborhood again.
Palestine, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Older property with great access to the airport. Shuttle available for guests. Beautiful pool and landscaping. Rooms are rather standard but very comfortable. Even had a small refrigerator. Upstairs rooms an issue - no elevator. Staff is friendly. Both restaurants are excellent. Food is fresh and not loaded with salt. We would stay there again for sure. Only negative is that the roof looked in disrepair and needs attention. Safe parking lot area.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank rachel53
, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for your positive response. GREAT NEWS! Our roof is being currently being replaced. The obvious eyesore to our property will now be the precursor to many anticipated improvements to keep our property serving our guests at the highest level. With room upgrades to follow the Piccadilly Inn Airport will continue to offer our guests their "home away from home" experience as we have for over 40 years. We welcome each and every guest response in order to better improve our hotel. Thanks again!
San Jose, California
Reviewed June 22, 2012

I loved this hotel. My sister and I both agree it is a special place. Yes, the hotel needs a makeover and is a bit worn at the edges. But the rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. The maid came every day and really cleaned the room, even mopped the floor! One gal even came back into our room and cleaned up coffee that was spilled when the coffee machine fell over (our fault too!) Every staff person there seemed genuinely happy to work there and always had something nice to say. Sunny in the dining room has been there 30 years and was terrific. Sean the restaurant manager and airport shuttle driver was also excellent.
FYI, if you are traveling by Amtrak, they will come to the station and pick you up at no cost. They did for us. We booked through hotwire and got a great rate. Just enter Fresno Airport.

Room Tip: rooms away from pool
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your thoughtful response. To date we are working hard to improve many aspect of the hotel. We are currently installing a much needed new roof and will be undergoing many other changes in the next several months. Piccadilly Inn Airport has been serving our guests for over 40 years and our staff is fully committed to our guest's satisfaction.
slo life
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Very outdated rooms!A/C non existent in hallways.Outdated carpet,paint,etc.In my room,when one would walk across the room,the entertainment center would rattle,annoying!

Room Tip: Don't stay here, you'll be very disappointed!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Our rooms are mainatained at a very high level. We are in the process of making improvement to rooms that includes flat sceen televisions, mattresses, and Iphone docking clocks. In the mean time our guests recieve very clean and spacious rooms at a very reasonable price. We appreciate any and all feedback and continue to strive to meet all of our guest's expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Fresno hotels

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Friendly staff, sparkling clean rooms and proximity to the Airport are few of the many good features of this hotel. The staff is very nice, helpful and service is excellent.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Manisha T
Paul H, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Airport, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. Our team has been working tirelessly to improve the service and performance of our hotel. We are planning to make new and exciting improvements to the property in the near future to further enhance our guest's experience.