WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“No longer a Marriott Courtyard - stayed before and after name change” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Airport Hotel

BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Airport Hotel
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbia, South Carolina
“No longer a Marriott Courtyard - stayed before and after name change”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stayed here 25-26 April 2013 (it was a Marriott Courtyard) and then again on May 3, 2013 (named changed May 1 to Fresno Airport Inn) awaiting for, & returning from, a tour of Yosemite National Park. Information from hotel is that there will be serious renovation of the Fresno Airport Inn, and then it will become a Best Western Plus. So that would preclude me (a Marriott Rewards member) from staying here again. The hotel is less than 5 minutes from the airport and has a 24/7 free airport shuttle. It is pretty isolated if you do not have a car -which we did not. The restaurant in the hotel had mostly pre-prepared food – we did not eat there either stay. Closest restaurants were a Quiznos & a Starbucks next door, and a real restaurant across the street (and a railroad track and an irrigation canal) at the Piccadilly Inn. There was nothing near the hotel. The Hotel was an “older” style Courtyard – I have stayed in several modernized ones in the last few years, this was not one. The staff (same before & after name change) was great – extremely friendly and helpful, lobby and room internet service was free and good. Room was clean and of OK size, but needed some modernization. AC was noisy. SO….. if convenience to airport and friendly staff are what you need – and the renovations are not too disturbing - it is an OK place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

After a month on the road, this is the best! Right in the heart of the San Joaquin Valley, this Courtyard is everything one comes to expect from Marriott .... but at a affordable price. Greeted by gracious, knowledgeable, hotel staff, we found our room spacious, clean, and comfortable. Had a great, FULL, breakfast! Plus, giant Sequoias and spectacular King's Canyon are right down the road. It's just all good! Loved this place!

• Stayed April 2013
Redwood City, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We were in the area for a volleyball tournament. The check-in procedure was very smooth. We made it to our room and decided we wanted to go out for dinner. DEFINITELY go to COOL HAND LUKE'S!!

We realized there was no bedding for the pull out sofa. We stopped by the front desk on the way out. There was no one readily available. There was a housekeeping member close and told us someone would be back soon. Then he asked if there was something he could help us with. We told him what the issue was and when we returned from dinner the bedding was ready.

We would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

As an Executive Business traveler, I am frequently on the road and have stayed at many Marriott properties all over the world. This property definitely lacks "customer service." The front desk staff at most Marriott properties is extremely professional and very warm and welcoming at check in...but not here. As I was waiting to check in, I noticed how impatient, unprofessional and just rude the front desk lady was. After finishing with the guest in front of me, it was my turn, and I experienced the same rude, unprofessional treatment that I had just witnessed. This is NOT the standard of service that I am accustomed to as a executive business customer and frequent guest of the Marriott. The front desk staff need a lesson in customer service. The location of this property is "literally minutes" from the airport. That is the only positive thing about this property. There is NO hot meal service for dinner. You have to go out for dinner if you want a hot meal. Additionally, this property sits right next to the train tracks, so if you enjoy the noise of trains in the middle of the night, you hit the jack pot. For the majority of us that want a peaceful night's rest, this would not be a recommended location unless you have an early morning flight as you are literally minutes (2 minutes) from the terminal.

Room Tip: Make sure you do not stay on the side by the train tracks.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013

We have stayed at several Courtyard Marriotts and generally know what to expect--clean room, no fuss, good price. All this was true of the Courtyard Marriott by the Fresno airport, but we found the staff to be exceptionally friendly. There was some confusion with the booking our room (we booked through CC points), but Jacky was super helpful and quick to clear the confusion. She was there at 11pm to check us in and there at 7am to help serve breakfast. She was very perky and helped make the early morning cheery. Our breakfast was included in our stay and was decent--not sure that I'd pay $9.99/person for it. You can order a la carte, though. We would stay here again if we returned to Fresno!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had an excellent 15-day stay at this Courtyard recently. The best part was the hospitable staff: the shuttle bus drivers, the front desk reception, and housekeeping.

Upon arrival at Fresno-Yosemite International Airport, I called the Courtyard from the airport to have the shuttle pick me up. I discovered soon after that one of my bags did not arrive (airline staff thought a bag that arrived earlier was mine and I waited at the counter for them to retrieve it only to find out that it was not mine). The Courtyard shuttle driver patiently waited for me as I sorted things with USAir to deliver my bag to the hotel when it arrived. When my bag still did not arrive the following day and I had depleted my emergency supply of toiletries, the front desk staff generously gave me a bag with the necessary toiletries. When I tried to return these after my bag finally arrived, they graciously said I did not need to.

As a Gold Elite member, upon check in, I got a welcome letter and a $5 coupon that I could use at the Market or the bistro. This came in handy for snacks later in the week. As I was going to stay for two weeks, I requested a microwave and refrigerator and this was delivered to my room the following day. Both the microwave and mini-refrigerator worked perfectly and I really appreciated the Courtyard making it available.

One day, flowers were delivered for me. I was informed of this when I arrived at the hotel that night, and as I had my hands full, one of the wonderful reception staff walked up to my room with me with the flowers, so I did not have to return to retrieve them. I really appreciated the above and beyond service!

The exercise room has two treadmills, two elliptical machines, and weights. There is a water cooler and towels available as well.

This Courtyard is located on the opposite side of McKinley Avenue from the Fresno airport. There is a Shell gas station across the street, and a Quiznos Sub and a drive-through Starbucks. I would definitely stay at this Courtyard again.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
FresnoCY, Director of Sales at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fresno Airport Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
We love hearing your wonderful comments about our amazing staff at our hotel. Thank you for your business! Come back soon!

Warm Regards,

Jennifer Christensen
Berthoud, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

This location is perfect for anyone getting in late or leaving early, we left the hotel 60 minutes before our flight, returned the rental car, went through security, stopped at Starbucks and still had to wait 15 minutes to board the plane! The building is fine, the lobby is small even for a courtyard. The staff was great and very friendly.

Room was just ok, a bit worn and dated but had some recent updates that looked like it included flat screen TV, new linens and curtains. The doors were very low budget imitation wood that were all scratched up. Overall not a great hotel, but a perfect location for the airport. - you could walk in under 10 minutes.

Room Tip: Backside looks over the pool and they are quieter since it is away from the airport.