“Great Place for the Price!”

Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West
Ranked #37 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reviewed August 11, 2009

Neat, clean and freshly painted. Lousy old TV with poor reception. Kitchen. Plain but great spot for the business traveler who is happy with a comfortable, clean place to stay. The price is great. Don't miss eating at one of the local Basque restaurants! Plenty of restaurants nearby, too. Some of them are even upscale.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Little_Hawk
There are newer reviews for Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West

Reviewed May 26, 2009

I was there for the weekend for a family gathering. I didnt book the room and I dont think I am a picky person. but if the beds were any harder I could have used as an ironing board. Since they dont supply anything in the rooms, I attempted to ask for an iron since when I packed my clothes they were all wrinkled. they told me they would have to locate one and bring it up to my room. well lets just say, I wore wrinkled clothes all weekend. The sheets looked like they were reused and the towels in the room could probably wrap around a child and be used as sand paper and the floor of the shower was disgusting, so were the rugs and the bathroom fan didnt work but that may have been from all the bugs that were hanging out of them....yuk....anyway way I did everything I could not to go back to the rooms....and to top it all off the people that were staying there on extended stay made me very nervous, like they were watching me....

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank dabreaker777
Reviewed February 8, 2008

I had planned to stay a couple nights during a relocation and wound up here for just over 2 weeks. I was pleasantly surprised given some of the other reviews. Office and staff were always friendly and helpful; room clean and basic amenities needed for an extended stay. Never had noise problems (2nd floor). One small problem was addressed and taken care of quickly. Yes, the beds are FIRM - maybe too much so for some, but I can sleep on a rock and was fine. Note: front desk did say there were a couple times a year a group of Harley enthusiasts come through and that can get a little loud. I had almost three weeks of good service. I would stay here again, and for the rate it's a great value

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank geosail
Manager-FRW, Hotel Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fresno - West, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2009

"How kind of to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Crossland Fresno - West. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

It would, of course, be our pleasure for you to repeat your experience with us in the future. Also, know that any of our nearly 700 Extended Stay Hotels(sm) locations is eager to serve you in most major metro areas in the U.S. and in Canada. Search for them at any time by going to our website. Thank you once again, and feel free to reach out to us directly if we can assist you in any of your future travels."

Reviewed October 29, 2007

I booked this hotel on Hotwire. Normally I book hotels that are at least three stars but since this was only for one night we went for two star. I was very disappointed.

For some reason this Crossland used the Extended Stay America name and logo. The Extended Stay website is listed on the sign at the entrance. When we arrived we remarked that it didn't look like any other Extended Stay America that we had seen.

Our non smoking room was full of cigarette smoke. We realized this after we got through the heavy smell of cheap air freshener used to try and cover it up.

There were lights that we couldn't get to turn on and the fan over the stove we could barely get to turn off. Also, we had an outlet for the alarm clock that didn't work.

Oh yes, and the wildlife. There was a roach in my sisters room. Yes, a roach. Disgusting.

The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever slept in. Try putting two by fours on your floor and covering them with sheets. Now curl up and try to go to sleep. That is what it felt like to sleep in the bed at Crossland.

Seriously, when you see this place run, drive, paddle, fly away.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ZannieGirl49
Reviewed January 5, 2007

This motel is okay if only staying for one night. It looks good from the outside. The rooms are small. We had a full size bed.
Although it is near shopping and restaurants. There is a movie theater accross the street. So it is convienent to most things in town.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank SDFifield
A TripAdvisor Member
Salinas, CA
Reviewed July 22, 2004

Crossland was great! The rooms are inexpensive and everything was nice and clean. And I really liked having a kitchenette in my room. It's very close to the finer shopping and dining areas of Fresno, and the Management, maids and grounds keepers were all friendly and helpful. As a woman traveling alone I felt safe I will definately stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2004
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 15, 2003

I've stayed at this location at least 3 times. I've had no problems here. The rooms were clean and the staff was pleasant.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member