Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fresno North, CA
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$104
$93
$106
$95
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsindoor poolcookiesfront deskwould definitely stay here againwaffleshot breakfastfresh fruitthe hotel managerfree breakfastwaffle makerpotatoestwo queen bedsa great stayhot tubgreat customer servicebusiness tripnice breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We had a family birthday to attend in Fresno so we stayed here because the reviews were pretty good and the Expedia price was unbeatable.

Pros- Pool hours go until midnight! Love this because we always stay in a hotel for a trip or event and usually never make it back to our hotel in time to use the pool before it closes (since most close by 9pm). Also the Pool is heated and the hot tub is huge!
-Cookies at the front desk are a sweet touch.
-Breakfast was pretty darn good. I love when they have a waffle maker.
-Breakfast ended pretty late. I hate when I have to get up at the crack of dawn so I don't miss it! Not at this place :)
-Love that the tea, hot cocoa packets, and hot water are out in the lobby all night. We went for a swim then had hot cocoa in our room at 1am…super relaxing.

Cons-The pool and hot tub seemed a tiny bit dingy…they could use an update soon.
-Waffle maker timer didn't work.
-And our carpet in our room was sooo dirty. Dark stains all over. We asked to be moved but they were fully booked. We made it work and it took me quite a few tries to get ahold of the manager but once I did he was very apologetic and explained they are having the carpets replaced very soon. And also invited me back for a free stay which is above and beyond!

In a nutshell this place is a really pleasant stay with an awesome staff. We'll be going back in December :)

Reviewed November 6, 2013

Nice big room and comfortable mattress but worn and dated furniture, carpet and wall coverings. The carpet on 1st floor appeared to be in bad need of a good cleaning at the very least. Good breakfast though, included a fresh fruit salad. 24 hour cookie access at front desk was also a nice touch.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2013

I needed a place to stay this past Sunday to Monday last minute for a funeral and came across this place. I read the reviews from two sites and figured they were decent enough for me and my daughter to stay there with no major issues. I did like that the Inn is just off the freeway and easy to find. It is in a good area and we had no problems as far as location was concerned. I got a pretty decent rate for a last minute booking and what enticed me most is that I had up until 7pm on the day of my arrival to cancel. We checked in quickly since it was already paid for and went to our room. But I noticed right away that a light wasn't working (no big deal) but that the bolted door lock wasn't working either. It wouldn't completely turn to lock. I immediately informed the front desk and he assigned us a new room right next door to the previous one. That room did have a working bolted lock. The rest of the room was okay, do-able. The carpet was dirty with spots on it, the bathtub/shower had some mold spots around the trimming, the water didn't get hot at all (just warm), the drain drained out super slow, and we couldn't find a tv remote anywhere. I called the front desk again about the remote (because the other stuff didn't bother me too much) and he brought up another remote & programmed it for our TV. The TV had fuzzy lines through it but workable. It was simply a room to stay in for just one night. The next morning I got up to check the continental breakfast provided (which was very minimal), picked a few things and went back to our room. Then my key card wasn't working while my hands were full from food and a drink! Luckily my daughter was still in the room and let me in. I reported the key not working at the front desk with a new staff of two females and we hadn't even checked out yet. They immediately reactivated it and informed me that sometimes that happens. Ultimately, there were glitches here and there & it wasn't the cleanest but you get what you pay for & the staff did immediately rectify the major issues. Oh, and there seems to be a nice indoor pool & jacuzzi if you're looking for that type of thing.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Patrick S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fresno North, CA, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear Katherine,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry for the reason you had to move rooms. The hotel will be under-going major renovations starting next month where we would be designed for the newest Country Inn prototype.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

We were here for three nights. Very pleasant stay. Good location. A block or two off main street so very quiet. Great value. The rooms were very modern and well kept. The hot breakfast was delicious and different each morning we were there.

Dear Joanneezell,

Thank you for taking the time to give us a full 5 star review. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel is well located and easy to find. It has a good sized indoor swimming pool and spa open for most of the day (6am - midnight). The beds were comfy. The breakfast was fine, although the breakfast area was a little small. There were two main issues with the stay: (1) there was no hot water in the morning (throughout the hotel), and no real apology from the hotel when it was pointed out and (2) the hotel is next to a Quality Inn where (on the night we were there) everyone at the Quality Inn appeared to know each other and were having a party on the outside walkway, making it very noisy.

Room Tip: Get a room which does not face the Quality Inn - this should ensure a decent night's sleep if those at the Quality Inn decide to party outside until late into the night
1  Thank Paul A

Dear Paul,

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. To ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future with hot water, the hotel has replaced brand new water heaters at the hotel. It was an emergency issue for which we had hard time arranging parts as it occurred on the weekend.

Again we truly apologize for the inconvenience received and request you to contact me at the hotel directly.