“No hot water in a hotel on two different occasions?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fresno North

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fresno North
Ranked #15 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Arlington, Texas
“No hot water in a hotel on two different occasions?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We pre-booked this hotel for a Friday night and then again the next Sunday. We were very much disappointed to find that the shower did not have any hot water Saturday morning. We went downstairs and found out that the entire hotel was out of hot water. That is very frustrating, but sometimes bad things happen. Luckily, we had both showered the evening before so were not too upset. We thought for sure that the hotel would have fixed the problem by Sunday...we were wrong. Not only that, but they were not advising anyone at check-in nor before that they would not have hot water. I would have cancelled, but it was 8pm when I got there. Not acceptable. Everything else was fine.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Patrick S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fresno North, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We had an emergency with the water heaters and due to weekend we had limited access to buy new equipments from vendors. Hotel has replaced brand new water heaters so similar situation doesnt happen in future. Please contact the hotel and we can see how to we can take care of you for Inconvenience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
  • Korean first
Harrisonburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

We were surprised by how nice this hotel was for the amount we paid. The breakfast was GREAT!!! The staff was super friendly and helpful! We loved being greeted with cookies :) The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I would like pay a special tribute to Jessi on the Front Desk at the Country Inn & Suites, Fresno, CA. She was extremely helpful and highly professional in resolving a complex reservation made by another organization.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I am sitting at the Airport bored so I have lots of time to give honest Motel Review feedback! This Hotel feels more like a Motel. It is seriously a 2-Star Motel at the very best. I was put on the lowest floor with no options when I checked in (it was seriously the Handicap room! I made my reservation 90 days out and still got one of their lowest ranked rooms!). The Front Desk was very short and curt with me for any options upon check-in. I felt the same when I phoned the Motel 2 weeks before I arrived and asked about my room (They were aloof and vague upon my inquiry...now I see/know why). It felt as if they were "punishing" me for using the Priceline low price bid process even though I gave them 9 nights of business. The room looks nothing like the photos at PriceLine or their own website (that photo you see is of their "Suites" best rooms). There is no small frig or Micro in the room. The TV is an ancient tube TV from the 1980's with limited programs! No NFL Network for Th Night games (booo hooo whimper whimper I know)! The towel bar was laying on the floor in the bathroom upon arrival (I re-installed it for them). There is ZERO counter space in the bathroom and I had to put my toiletries on the dresser in the main room. The lower floor has a Guest Washing Room and I got to listen to the Dryer spinning even till 3am in the morning on some nights. You would think they would cut off its use after 10pm out of respect for their Customers trying to get to sleep? Guests are getting ice all times of the day and night from the Vending Room and you can count the ice cubes hitting the bucket to fall asleep to or wake up to! They prepare the morning breakfast in a room on the first floor and you can hear the ice again being used to set-up the food bar, and all the plates being washed and rattled around as they prop the door open to the main hallway every day! Gee wiz guys! Luckily, I am ok with rising at 6am most mornings, but I felt bad for the other Guests on the First Floor as you will be awake at 6am whether you want to or not! (Why wouldn't you put the Vending Room, Wash Room, Food Prep Kitchen somewhere away from the Guest's Rooms?)Quite a few Children using the indoor pool and being loud in the Hallways on weekends. This is a family Motel ONLY. Do not accept anything on Floor #1..!

I have to be fair and honest in the Review and there are some good things about this Motel (even though I was really frustrated with my stay). The Motel and Rooms are older but clean. Maid service is excellent, clean, and timely. The bed was a solo Queen for a 6'4" Guy, but it was comfortable (Again they gave me no options) upon arrival. The shower and water pressure were good (I know a lot of times you get a Motel with "water saver" shower heads and poor pressure and your shower feels like a sponge bath!). The location is really convenient right next to the main Freeway 41 on ramp and Blackstone Ave is just one block away. You can jump on the Freeway in 60 seconds from the Motel. There is a nice breakfast/lunch restaurant within walking distance called Huckabees. No Starbucks nearby boo hoooooo! A healthy eatery called Boston Market is 2 minutes away. The Motel serves a fresh basic breakfast at 630am each morning. They keep it stocked and fresh. There are scrambled eggs and sausage each morning (Guys you got to give us some shredded cheese to put on those bland eggs!). There are lots of other Continental choices (cereals, rolls, fruit juices, coffee) and I could see the children liked it a lot on weekends. Parking is safe as the Motel is tucked away surrounded by modern business office complexes. Very little traffic at night and on the weekend. My "Book" is done my flight is leaving for Colorado best wishes!

Room Tip: Do not accept any room on Floor #1..! This is a 2 Star Motel at best!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mitch-R1a
Larnaka City, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This has been our 15 th motel on our us tour and our best. From the moment our lovely receptionist (we arrived 17 th oct 2 pm) welcomed and chatted to us...so pleasant! To the lovely rooms, best beds so far, to the excellent facilities indoor pool free paper fruit and biscuits. This place wants to be really good and it is. So many motels are soulless with disinterested staff and crumbling fabric.
We really appreciated the experience and would unreservedly recommend to all
Ps the breakfast was great too!

Room Tip: Near the pool!
La Quinta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Visiting family in Fresno, this hotel was super clean and very convenient to shopping and eateries. The beds in the room were very comfortable we stayed on the 3rd floor. The rooms come equipped with a small refrigerator and a microwave. Spacious bath, decent toiletries & towels. The hot breakfast was different each morning, scrambled eggs one day and the next a mini omelets, of course there are fresh made waffles, muffins, fruit, yogurt and oatmeal. The staff if pleasant and accommodating. This will be the hotel we use when we come to Fresno in the future.

Room Tip: I would select a room on the 2nd floor, noise rises.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Patrick S, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fresno North, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Eileen D,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a wonderful review. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel.

San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

My husband and I visited the weekend here. The room was spacious and clean, as well was the bathroom. It contained a microwave and refrigerator and they both worked. The TV was okay but there wasn't a power button on the remote control so we had to turn the TV off manually. The bed was comfy with plenty of pillows.

They have an indoor pool and spa which were both inviting. The pool was semi-warm so I didn't have to "creep" into the pool which I normally have to do with outdoor pools. The spa was hot. They provide pool towels as well.

The hotel exterior, lobby and breakfast areas were nicely done. Everything appears to be updated, just like the room.

Continental breakfast the two mornings we were there were superb. Large variety of goodies to choose from including waffles, muffins, bread for toast, fresh fruit, cereal, and a juice machine which dispensed apple, orange and cranberry juices, along with a water option. They also served on the first morning eggs and sausage, and on the second morning omelets, country potatoes and bacon.

This is a perfect place to stay when visiting Fresno and it's so close to pretty much everything. Fine dining and fast food. Whatever your preference. They even have a Fleming's Steakhouse near the Fashion Mall, which we did visit as well.

Very nice hotel.

Dear Shikakai P,

I am so thank full for your wonderful words here. Reviews like this really helps us to motivate our staff to produce best results.