“Clean and inexpensive” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #57 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Kandahar, Kandahar, Afghanistan
“Clean and inexpensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 days. Predictably no frills for this price, but it was clean, the staff is friendly and the wifi is free and works great. There is a 20 dollar a day charge to use a mini fridge, but there is also an ice machine. This place is convenient to get around Fresno and is located on a main drag. It is super close to a mall, movie theater and the 41 freeway. There is a dive bar, Rep's, located within 100 feet.

There are a couple of drawbacks. First, this place is not located in a good neighborhood. I would strongly advise against walking around alone at night, man or woman. Also, the building that the ice machine is in is located by 10pm, so plan accordingly. I'm assuming that this is due to the crappy area, but it was inconvenient.

All in all, it was great for the price. I'd stay here again or recommend it to anyone on a budget.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DelphinaC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Travelodge here off Highway 41 in Fresno for the weekend. We must say it was quiet with clean rooms. The rooms are a bit outdated but overall for $50.00 a night you can't beat it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Robert_Lewis007
Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

I traveled to Yosemite park with friend, and stay here one night. I was satisfied with quality. NIce and clean room, fast internet, quite, good breakfest. I test prices in other similar motel around, and all prices was the same, but here was internet and light breakfast in the price.
I recommend.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Atlantic Beach, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

When i got to room it SMELLED LIKE SEWER. The carpet is wet by the bathroom I think the toilet over flowed, will sleep in my car before I would rent here again. There was water damage on wall and on the dresser and desk. My nose was stopped up the whole time.

Room Tip: Dont go there if you have kids
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kristy B

Travelers are raving about these Fresno hotels

San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Staff here were very helpful with recommendations for places to dine in the area and were helpful, friendly and communicative. As a business traveler, these were all important for me. Rooms were kept clean and tidy, requests for any additional needs were provided, and staff were on site to assist even during a late night check in from a delayed flight arrival. Breakfast was good and I appreciated all of the recommendations from taxi service to shopping in this very suburban area of Fresno. Thank you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

We were planned to see the Yosemite National Forest and in our way we desided to stay in Fresno. Did not reserv the room on line or by the phone. We exit from free way and the first close Hotel, Inn was this one. Spoke with the front desk and reserve a room. We had an infant with us and request a infant bed for the room.
Room was very dark ( not the pictures on their web site) and dirty. The kitchen cabinet was dusty and room were damp and you can fill the air way heavy to breath. Not a good place for family with kids. They offer free break fast but they serve it in thge lobby. No chair not table. I mean you have to go there and pick your breakfast and take it to your room ( do not get fooled by the web pictures ). I forgot to check the room before handing my credit card. I should have done that. We got the key and within 2 minuets we return the room. Front desk did not want to refound. I demand to speak with manager. He called the manager and spoke with her in their native langage. For me that is offensive since I do not underestand what was he was talking about. I mean that is not a customer service. Anyway I spoke with the owner/manager and got my refound. The money back to my account after 3 days!?? This might be a good place to solo stay but not good for family with kids. We moved out and went down the same road ( Blackstone ) Bestwestern perfect room, great service.

Room Tip: Ask to check the room before handing your credit card. Check it only and read the reviews. Leave...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Arminsev
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

The manager was very helpful despite a problem with the booking company's website. The area is kind of sketchy, as another reviewer mentioned, but the motel is on a main highway, not a downtown, strolling, area. The management seems to do a good job of keeping out the local troublemakers, although if the sight of razor wire on the fence bothers you, you might not like it. I had no problems walking down the highway on my own in the evening to find a place to eat. The room I had was fine - definitely some elements were dated and a bit worn, but others - the bathroom elements - were more updated. It seemed reasonably clean and tidy. Bed was ok. The breakfast was actually much better than I had expected. I enjoyed some cereal with milk, a banana, orange juice and coffee. The pool area was pretty spartan, but the pool was clean and refreshing. I don't stay in motels very often so don't have a lot to compare it to - it wasn't fancy, but also not sterile, and the manager was friendly and helpful. All in all not a bad place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo