New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Quality Inn North

Quality Inn North
Ranked #34 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Santa Ana, CA
“I thought it a very nice motel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

When you exit the 41 freeway you immediately see it’s a very nice neighborhood. It is residential and 2 story professional office buildings. Bullard Avenue has a landscaped median.

The property is quite new. The front desk told me it’s 4 years old. That explains why everything looks nice and new.

Because of its age, there are very few little nicks and dings in the walls. Furnishings are excellent. No spots or stains in the carpeting and bedspread. The decorating is nice with matching drapery, wallpaper border and pictures. It looks like dusty rose is coming back in style.

The room has a coffee pot with coffee, cream and sugar, cups, hair dryer, iron and board. The bathroom has fiberglass tub and shower combo. The shower head has multiple settings which is very nice. There are 2 upholstered chairs in the room. One is very comfy and the other chair for the desk is not quite so comfy. The TV measures a full 25 inch. There are 3 large mirrors in the room.

Because the property is fairly close to the freeway you can faintly hear the road noise. Turn the fan, cool, or heat on low and that takes care of it. The building is so well insulated you won’t need much of it.

Breakfast is juice, coffee, cereal, toast, or pastries; maybe some fruit. There is a do-nut shop next door.

This Super 8 is very north of downtown and would be convenient for travelers on the way to the mountains or parents visiting Cal-State Fresno.

There are no restaurants within walking distance. There are brochures and menus in the room plus the front desk will give you a local map and point out nearby shopping areas that have a lot of restaurants. My wife and I particularly enjoyed the Yosemite Falls Café about 2 miles away. It is a full service restaurant with a 9 page menu that’s sure to please everyone. The decor is mountain and forest taken to the max; plus a waterfall out front.

LIKES: newness

DISKLIKES: no whirlpool hot tub.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank DannyS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2006

Desperate for a hotel one night very late, we stopped here. We had never stayed at a Super 8, but we certainly will again. We left my 5 year old's stuffed puppy that she can't sleep without. Didn't realize until we were 200 miles away. Called desk & they did have it. Told us to mail a box with paid postage & they would mail it. Sent that, but no results. Emailed the manager and YEAH! he came through. Thank you! Thank you! My daughter squealed and cried when it arrived in perfect condition at our home. Can't tell you how much we appreciated their kindness in responding and sending it. We are SO grateful. Won over to Super 8 forever! THanks for great customer service!

1 Thank grantime
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2005

I'm a Trip rewards member and the hotel didn't want to honor the price I was quoted. I called Trip rewards and they got me a few dollars cheaper, but still not what I was quoted. It was late in the day so I stayed there. When I got the bill I was charged for 2 nights and for using the phone. I only stayed 1 night and never used the phone. After complaing they straighted out the bill. I complained to Super 8 and Trip Rewards when I got home and they said it's up to the hotel owner whether to accept the rates quoted. The free breakfast wasn't anything special. The manager was had a bad attitude. Shouldn't even be in business.
I go to fresno 6-7 times a year and have taken my business elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2005, traveled on business
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Fresno hotels