“Great stop off”

Ranked #26 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Reading
“Great stop off”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2005

We staying here for 1 night in July 2005 and found it to be better than our Holiday Inn Expresses in the UK. The rooms were large with 2 Queen Beds in and were nicely decorated, although the receptionist told us that the whole hotel was going to be redecorated. It was close to (driving distance) to lots of restaurants and supermarkets. It had a plunge pool undercover. We found it to be an ideal stop off hotel and would recommend it.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank rixon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2004

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the past few years and I always recommend to friends and neighbors that they stay at this location when in the greater Fresno area. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone that wants a nice, clean comfotable stay.

8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2003

While sleeping in my roome at 10:30 P.M. I was summoned to the front desk to allow the hotel to swipe my credit card. I asked "right now?" and was told yes, by the desk personnel. I arrived at the desk and informed the attendant that "I re-checked in this morning and also I am a prioroty club member, I have a credit card on file and they had the last 4 days to contact me for a credit card swipe instead of waking myself, my wife and my child at 10:30 P.M." I was informed that they were instruct to do this from the manager. The attendant told me: "we get screwed up the &$$ with the bill when there is no credit card swipe". I found this language and his behavior totally unacceptable and I informed him I would take up the credit card issue with Holiday Inn customer service. He was increasingly becoming agitated and offensive, I felt he was trying to intimidate me by raising his voice and minimizing my personal space. I informed again I would take it up with Holiday Inn and he then yelled in a raised tone from several feet away: "fine 1-800-HOLIDAY!!!!. I have never been treated as badly as this in any customer relation process and I formally requested to cancel my Holiday Inn account and further request my credit card to be removed from the system.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Lonijo, General Manager at Ramada Fresno Northwest, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Holday Inn,
First please except my apologize for the way you were treated there is absolutely no excuse for this behavior, I know it has been years since you wrote this review as the hotel is no longer a Holday, but I truly felt the need to at least say sorry.. If your travel ever brings you back to Fresno please give me the opportunity to wow you in all the changes that have taken place.