“Can't believe my employer makes this hotel thier first option with clc.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Vagabond Inn Fresno

Vagabond Inn Fresno
Ranked #39 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
“Can't believe my employer makes this hotel thier first option with clc.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stay here often and I despise it. This location is raunchy. Sometimes the A/C doesn't work. The shower head is nasty. At times while in bed it feels as if something is crawling on me. My last stay was August 30th. I woke up itching. The next morning at home I woke up scraching with small lumps on my lower legs and calves. I'm done can't do it anymore.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank one4you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My last visit was decent enough for my return. Once I returned I was accused of smoking in a non smoking room. (I have never smoked) I stated I burn candles for the aroma. I was frowned upon by a Hindu man (Don't they use insence) After the back n forth I was told I would receive a 10% discount. Well I was put into a smokers room (which reeked of smoke) the sheets were stained carpet was horrible dresser was beat up and broken. The door had obviously been kicked in. And the roaches..... just nasty. They refused to change me rooms. They said they were fully booked. (Which was a lie) I was better off at a motel 6!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank snowmassiano
Los Angeles, CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We stayed at the Vagabond Inn in Fresno on our way to San Francisco. We pulled in about 10:30 at night and left the next morning, so it was a very quick stay. For such a short amount of time, the hotel was fine - it was very inexpensive and was located conveniently right off of the freeway, which is what we were looking for. Any of the staff we encountered were pleasant and check in and out was quick. The room was very small, the sink was leaky, and the iron was missing. We were not expecting much, and so we had a decent stay. If we were staying in the area longer, I would look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Our room was 205, which was right in the front and steps away from the office, which was a good loca...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
upland, ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

The location is good, but that's the only positive. The room we had, #214, was pretty dirty. The bathroom wasn't cleaned very well, the shower leaked, mold in the shower, electrical outlets weren't working, and there was months of dust/dirt behind the furniture.

Checking-in was a pain because they wouldn't let us in the actual lobby. We checked in around 10pm & it was cold out (40 f). I can understand not letting everyone in the lobby at night, but once it was verified that we have a reservation, they should have let us in.

The breakfast was the worst I've ever seen at a motel. It consisted of fake juices from a machine and one small pastry from Costco. There was a little sign that said that there was a limit of one pastry per person. I'm not saying I should fill my suitcase with free breakfast items, but only one little Costco pastry???

Sooo....save your money and go somewhere else. There are many nicer places really close that aren't more expensive.

Room Tip: Tip for choosing a good room - Go someplace else!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank dave4133
Fresno, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

I can and have stayed in some pretty questionable places but this is one of those places that I wouldn't even put my mother in law in! The room smelled and was pretty dingy. The comforter was greasy feeling and had a bunch of holes burned in it from cigarettes. The restroom was old and dirty. Towels were not at all anything I'd put near my body.

There were quite a few odd characters roaming the area and I just did not feel safe at all.
Staff is just as scary.

Wifi was ok. There is a computer for use in the lobby but with a 5 min limit. Price was a little steep for the area. Theres a Dennys on the same lot. This place is so not worth what they charge unless there is absolutely no other option do not stay here!

• Stayed December 2010
2 Thank 559MoM
Sherbrooke, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2010

Cockroaches in the pool, and on the patio not far from our room... It has to be a real last resort! Sleeping in the car would be a better idea!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank teacher172
Southern Cal.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

Here is all you need to know: Don't stay here. If you want more details, read on.
Lobby smells like cigarettes
Desk clerk was more interested in watching the TV than helping guest
Bedspread is falling apart
Mold in shower
Creepy guy was hanging around the rooms in the back
Noise from outside and the shower in the room next door
Wireless never worked
They limit the computer use in lobby to 10min
Desk chair in room is a folding card table chair
Have to unplug the light to use a charger
No alarm clock
Continental breakfast was a small, dry danish, coffee, and oj
Only door lock was one on the door handle
Door did not automatically shut
Pillows were old and lumpy
Dresser drawers were broken

Need I convince you more?

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business