University Inn
$77
Orbitz.com
$114
Orbitz.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've passed this hotel many times. Their sign outside advertises at $59 special. However, that offer wasn't available when I booked (a week BEFORE our planned stay).

I requested a mini-fridge for medication, which was in the room at check-in time. But, it was hot (not plugged in) and took 24 hours to get semi-cool.

The rooms are clean and cool, which was nice on a triple-digit heat weekend.

If you want something fancy, this isn't it. If you want a cool, clean place to stay than this is a fair deal.

Room Tip: Don't trust the advertised price on outdoor sign. We couldn't get the rate, even with an advanced booking.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
UniversityInnFresno, Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you so much for the review. I'm sorry you could not get the advertised rate. Our managers special has a few rooms allocated at that rate. If you booked for a busy day, specially if its a concert, the allocated rooms are depleted fast.
I appreciate you taking the time to review the hotel.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

This Motel was right across the street from Fresno University and From the SaveMart Center. Single women, Felt safe. Walk next door for a deli and A Starbucks. Easy on/off to Freeway. The rooms are all older decor and carpet older too, It really needs some freshing up but for a few day's stay while doing an event at the University and on a budget it was fine and comfy and clean enough. I did feel I should leave my flip flops on while walking on the carpet, but it did look clean enough. No frills.no Micro, no fridge, no iron, no blow dryer. Low budget Continenatal breakfast.Movie house and lot's of restraunts and mall shopping within a mile or two. Forwarned. This is a college Hotel. If you are staying on a Friday and Saturday night like we were. There could be lot's of young adult party foot traffic. We were given a handicapped room which was quiet and away from most the foot traffic. Wall Cooler went on and off with not much control all night.

Room Tip: Could be lot's of college students on Fri-Saturday night. We had a handicapped room which was in the quiet area.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank CINDERELLASTRUNK
UniversityInnFresno, Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Thank you for the response! Next time you come to Fresno ask for our newly remodeled rooms. For future reference we also have Irons and blow dryers upon request. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have been staying at the University Inn every so often over the past 6 years. They are located close to so many things including Fresno State University. I have never had a problem with dirty rooms, unprofessional staff, random smells or anything of the sort. I have always enjoyed my stay there and plan on visiting soon! Overall it's one of my favorite places to stay in Fresno.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank jbryant3111

Thank you so much for the nice review. I am glad our efforts have paid off. Have you seen our newly remodeled rooms? If not, please ask for them on your next stay.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Worst place we've ever stayed at!
The rooms smelled funny.
The carpet and chairs showed dirty stains...
The sheets were dusty en made me itchy.
I felt dirty after sleeping at this place.
The rooms were overall real dirty, and old, this place urgently needs a full make-over!!!!
Plus the service was poorly and the wifi did not work, annoying when you are on the road for one month!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Davy D
UniversityInnFresno, Manager at University Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thank you for your review, every comment is used to correct any problems we might have in our property. We have a 24hr maintenance staff that can help you with any problems you might have during your stay.
Regarding the internet, I personally made sure every guest has internet. Except for when our service was being upgraded two months ago for a day, the internet has not had any problems. OUr system runs on the same network that our guests use, therefore we can't operate the business if there is no internet. If you had any problems, our front desk staff will direct you to maintenance or myself during the hours of 8am - 7 pm. After those hours, maintenance can still resolve the issue by simply dialing "0".
Our room carpets get cleaned after every third stay or depending on how the previous guest left it. If its noticeably dirty, the housekeeper will report it and have it cleaned.
Sheets get changed after every guest checks out and there are no exceptions in that.
As with any hotel, please inform management if you have any problems so that we can correct the issue right away.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Hotel was not clean. Had no shower curtain, shampoo, soap, etc... Told front desk staff about the shower curtain in the morning and they were surprised, but offered no compensation. They just said "that's too bad".

Grounds were dirty (broken glass and we even saw a razor blade)

We would not stay at this place again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Free2bgr8ful

Thank You for the review. I'm sorry the hotel was not to your satisfaction. All of our rooms have to have a shower curtain and "thats too bad" is not an appropriate response and I apologize on behalf of whoever might have said that. We work diligently everyday to make sure our hotel is properly maintained. I still appreciate you taking the time to write this review.