Garden Inn and Suites
$77
Travelocity
$114
Hotwire.com
All reviewsfruit treeswafflesprivate patiounderground gardensbreakfast featuresboiled eggschain hotelstores and restaurantsour room was spaciousstayed one nightfree breakfastroad tripnice stayforestierehostsjacuzziyosemite
Reviewed June 7, 2013

It is our second time stay in Fresno during this trip. My husband didn't like Homewood Suite Fresno we stayed when we went up north, so I had to search around again before we came back south. This time, my husband, my parents, and my 3 kids are extremely happy with my choice. I'm happy too because for the money I spent is way beyond my expectations!

Overall
It is a garden! We see flowers and fruit trees everywhere! The owner told us they have about 54 types of fruits there. The whole facility looks very new and clean! Pleasant too! We felt at home and we didn't want to leave there. The hotel doesn't accept smoking or pets.

Bedrooms
The unique bedroom designs make them very flexible to satisfy special requests. I travel with my husband, 3 kids, and my parents. We wanted to book a suite with two bedrooms and 4 beds. I was extremely surprised to see how big the living room and bedrooms are! Very spacy and clean! I noticed, if we travel with more family members, they can open another bedroom for us which shares the same big living room and kitchen in the middle. Basically, whether you want to just rent a room, or a suite, or 2 room-suite, or 3 room-suite, they can do so with no problem at all. The beds are queens, not doubles. The mattresses are in good quality. The bed sheets, pillows, blanket, and bedspread are all very clean! We care about this the most.

Breakfast
Breakfast finishes at 9:30am. Each table has fresh-picked flowers in the vase. They look so beautiful, they look fake. Hotel serves fresh-picked fruits from the gardens. Depend on the season you arrive, you may enjoy different fresh fruits. We got to eat apricots, grapefruits, and plums. Other things they served are eggs, sausages, toast, muffins, cereal, and do-it-yourself waffles.

Facility
Free wifi. We enjoyed the out-door swimming pool and jacuzzi. The pool opens till 10:30pm.

Location
It is near Shaw Ave, which is a major street. Cross street is In-N-Out burger. A little bit further, you will see Costco, Walmart, Kohls, Applebee's, etc. We wanted to go to Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Park. It is the right place to stay.

Services
The owners are very friendly and always go an extra mile with us. They explained us how to get to Sequoia National Park, what sights we can see, and other local attractions we didn't know.

Room Tip: if you are afraid of noise, please mention it when you book. They have different options for you.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Janet D
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Didn't know what to expect, but the moment we walked in, we were greeted by the nicest owners! After we got settled in, we started to walk around the grounds, and the guy came out and gave us a tour of the place, telling us all about the fruit trees and plants. They take such great care of the grounds. They upgraded us to a suite, it was clean and nice. Sure there was some wear and tear, and dated in some areas, but it was nice. Couldn't have asked for a nicer room. When we checked out they gave us a seedling of a plant they introduced us too. Can't beat this place! Thank you for an amazing experience this weekend!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank caohnmtx
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Husband and I chose this wonderful place because it was next to Forestiere Gardens and because it was so highly rated by travelers on the internet. After 40+ years of travel, we never plan on a good night's sleep when we stay in motels, even hotels, as noise is ALWAYS the issue. Even tho' this lovely inn is right next to a busy street, once you close the door...QUIET...no room-to-room noise. The grounds had us out and about several times to take in the beauty of spectacular roses, Clivia, azaleas and a variety of lush citrus....tangerines inviting you to sample. Tangerine juice fresh squeezed, Made just for you Belgian waffle, sausage, hard boiled eggs kept warm, bagels and muffins we put a smile on our faces, believe me....I plan to post their brochure on Facebook for the world to know about!! Lovely pool area, and everything so-o-o clean!! We'll come have to come up with a reason to return for sure!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank inthebusiness00
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our hockey team stays here when we travel to Fresno. Very friendly staff, super clean hotel, the landscaping is beautiful. They grow fruit and offer it to the guest at breakfast. Also they serve fresh squeezed orange juice from their orange trees.....super healthy and very tasty. I would never stay anywhere else but here when traveling to the Fresno area

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This hotel although not a chain and kind of out of the way is like stepping into a little hidden garden. The management is very nice, fresh home grown fruit for the guests, clean rooms, reasonable prices and great service. I have been putting up business clients here because they feel at home and are so well taken care of. Amazing what you can find still hidden away that is not part of the "big chains". I now avoid some of the chains just to put up clients and friends.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business