WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #19 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
California
“Just what I needed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I needed a place to stay at a reasonable rate near my son's cross country race in Clovis. Residence Inn was just what I was looking for. Clean, nice people, good options for a motel breakfast. This is not a "four star hotel" of course, but in terms of meeting my expectations, it was great. Only negative is the AC in my room was a bit loud--not clattering in-need-of-repair loud, but the blower was loud enough to wake me once or twice. But I am a light sleeper and usually travel with earplugs (I'd forgotten them). Overall, this place was what I needed.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed on my way down to Southern California and I was very impressed. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the staff were very helpful and friendly. The basketball court was a nice touch and anybody looking for a nice place to stay in Fresno should stay here!

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Roselle, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Great rooms. Clean and fully stocked with kitchen supplies. Employees very friendly. Wine and beer served with various food items at the dinner hour. Great breakfast with reservation. Pool and hot tub outside. Very secure with room key required at all entry doors.

• Stayed September 2013
Manteca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I stay here one day each year for a business meeting, and keep coming back. The rooms are nice, The staff is pleasant, and they offer food and drinks that are not great, but good enough, considering that they are free. I can stretch my legs by walking near to the pond next door, or to the nearby Trader Joe's for additional wine/beer/food. There are shopping malls a short drive away. As soon as my Fresno meeting is over, I get out of town to Yosemite or to the ocean.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Denzil F
juleemay, General Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Residence Inn Fresno. We strive to ensure the comfort of our guests and place great value on your feedback. I am happy you enjoyed your brief time with us.

I hope you enjoyed your time in Yosemite or the ocean during your recent trip! Thanks again, we appreciate your business and hope you’ll give us the privilege to accommodate you on your next visit to Fresno!

Santa Cruz, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have been loyal to another Hotel, but decided to cash in some points for a 2 night stay. The property is tucked away off the road near the Elks Club and some business offices. We found the room to be clean and well appointed. The staff was super helpful and nice. They have a sport court and let you checkout tennis rackets and basketballs, which we took advantage of. The breakfast in the morning was good if you get there early. The crowds are pretty typical around 9:00am, but the food was good as was the selection.
My only complaints were the AC noise in our room. The unti is near the bathroom in the bedroom and was pretty load. Could be that it needs a new filter. Also the pool are was not kept clean. This is always a pet peeve of mine as it doesn't take anytime to hose off the pool deck and wipe down the tables and chairs. They were also always out of towels.
Overall, the family enjoyed this hotel very much and it is close to everything on the North end of town and not far by freeway to downtown.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Fresno for your recent stay. I was happy to hear you enjoyed the sport court and breakfast options.

I appreciate your feedback on the pool area and AC unit issues and will be sure to pass the information on to my staff. Again thanks for taking the time to “tell it like it was” for it is through comments such as yours that we are able to continuously work to exceed our guests’ expectations. We hope you’ll again give us the privilege to accommodate you on your next visit to Fresno.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our way from Seattle to San Diego & it was perfect. The rooms were very clean & quiet. The staff was very helpful & accommodating. I used the workout room & laundry room. I was very impressed with both. We really enjoyed our stay here!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Fresno for your recent stay. We realize that you have many options in Fresno and truly appreciate your business. We are happy the location met your needs and you were able to utlitize some of the ammenities the hote has to offer.

Murrieta, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Incredible value a mile west of Fresno State with quick access to the the highway. Only an hour from the Yosemite Park south entrance and the Mariposa Grove so it was a great place for us to stay the night before a a trip to Yosemite. Standard Residence Inn format building - full kitchen, separate bedroom area - very comfortable for long term or overnight stays. Clean, good service, well maintained. The food seemed much better than most Residence Inns. Full complementary meals on Mon, Wed and Fri. Wednesday night is bar-b-que - ours was hot links with all the fixings and sides. The spinach florentine for breakfast was excellent - fresh and tasty. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
juleemay, General Manager at Residence Inn Fresno, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Residence Inn by Marriott Fresno for your recent stay. We realize that you have many options in Fresno and truly appreciate your business. Further, we value the time you took to share your comments with us. We’re happy to hear of you enjoyed your stay on your way to the Mariposa Grove. The Grove is a beautiful area and a great teasure.