“Worst accommodations ever”

San Joaquin Suite Hotel
Ranked #16 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
Madison, WI
Reviewed June 26, 2004

When arriving in Fresno, the temperature was 99, a beautiful sunny day, but too warm for sleeping. The air conditioning did not work, the fold out bed could not be opened, and the TV remote did not work. After reporting the air problem, we were told someone would come up to check. We waited an hour, and then called again. We were told that it was working, but since it was better outside, to open the doors and windows to let in the cool evening air. The next morning, when reporting the issue to the desk, I was told to "fill out the form" and that someone would contact me about my concerns that day. That was two weeks ago. I have yet to get a response.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for San Joaquin Suite Hotel

Reviewed January 6, 2004

The beds were the most uncomfortable we have ever slept on. The shower head was full of grit. The management made no real attempt to make us comfortable. I do have to say the room was clean. We figured it was because it hadn't been used in so long. Do not stay here.

7  Thank Ellen M
SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA
Reviewed June 27, 2003

We bowl in the Fresno Bowling Tournament every year and for the past five (5) years, we have stayed at the San Joaquin Suites! They are so accomodating and are always able to handle my group of about 10 families! The kids just love it! It's in a great location and you can fine almost anything that you would need around that area!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed June 20, 2003

As soon as I walked into my "suite", I started making phone calls to other hotels finding out if they had availability. The bathtub/shower had mildew on it. The bed mattress felt as though it was purchased back in the 60's and had never been replaced. I had heard that this place was nice a few years ago, but I think it has gone downhill. The rate was about 115 dollars, and for this price I most certaintly expect a clean, comfortable room.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed June 11, 2003

Apparently the hotel has been in serious decline for a while. We'd stayed there many times throughout the years and enjoyed it. But with a new owner it has changed dramatically. We won't be back again. It has nonexistent and almost, in some cases, surly customer service. The rooms have not been maintained and the housekeeping is slipshod. Upon check in we found a dirty kitchen with previous guests old food and dishes. The front desk would not clean up the room since it was so late in the day (8pm). The shower stopped up and was full of hair (yuck). We never felt we were in a clean environment. Fresno has tons of hotels--do yourself a favor and look elsewhere!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 26, 2002

I would not recommend the San Joaquin Hotel in Fresno to anyone, especially business travelors. This hotel is located on busy Shaw Avenue which I heard most of the night. I could not sleep due to the noise of the traffic (especially from trucks) and due to the lack of adequate curtains in the room. The bedroom windows are fitted with sheer white curtains and nothing else, which allow street lamps to shine very brightly thru the window during the night.

The staff was not friendly, a bit cold and distracted.

This place is not elegant, unless you dig Fresno chic from the early 1980s and a depressing place hang out.

2  Thank SFAnonymous
Reviewed December 6, 2001

This was a reasonably priced hotel. My husband and I stayed there on our wedding night and had a wonderful room. We had champagne and choclate dipped strawberries awaiting us. The room had a smallish living room and a big bedroom and nice marble bathroom. Would highly recommend, especially for those travelling in the Central Valley on business. Enjoy!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member