San Joaquin Suite Hotel
$125
$80
$77
Orbitz.com
All reviewsremodeled roomsfig garden villagecovered parkingstandard suiteseparate bedroom and living roomwhole foodslounge chairsbagelscable tvpull out bedgreat poolcold cerealbed was comfortablecoffee makerrokulaundryyosemite
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is an all-suite hotel that obviously has some age on it but, like a dowager holding onto her former glory, still opens a window on some gilded days gone by. If what you're looking for is comfort, clean and a lot of room at a bargain this is something to consider. Living room and bedroom, nice balcony, gorgeous landscaping and an outstanding location. Just about anything you want is on Shaw Avenue. I feel so sorry for the people who had to watch an old TV there (they give you two). Maybe they could stay home and watch their big HDTV and miss Yosemite and Sequoia. Sure the housekeeping is a little lackadaisical. They didn't seem to know to open doors and replace coffee supplies and remove the previous guests' empty bottles. And our refrigerator never got cold. Use the free ice. We did. But the room was clean and comfortable, it was convenient to CA 41 and where we wanted to go. And it was a tremendous bargain. That's important to real people.

Room Tip: Old side=bargain; new side=fancier. Eat the continental breakfast inside in a glassed-in pool house or outdoors in landscaped garden area.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peachpit01
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were at the San Joaquin for a family reunion. It will be hard to remember all the thing this hotel did wrong. Despite weather in the 80s, the pool and hot tub are not heated--that's right, cold hot tub. Staff forgot our rollaway (and had no more to give) so one of my kids had to sleep on the love seat. No enough towels to go around, so none in the pool area until we asked for them. Dirty smells here and there, especially on the pool furniture. You get the feeling his place is limping along without the cash to maintain even basic standards. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 28, 2013

My room decor is outdated. The 15 inch tv from the 70's is difficult to watch. Tried to take a bath but no hot water. I've never seen such a small fridge and microwave. The only nice thing is the grounds which are pretty. No help from the desk unless I wanted to pay more.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stopped here for one night on our road trip en route from Las Vegas to San Francisco. What a delight, particularly for $70 per night! We had a suite with loads of space, there's a pool and spa, nice gardens and a great breakfast and breakfast room. Yes the décor is a bit 1980's and the TV's 1970's but we didn't care. The staff were very nice and helpful so I have no hesitation in saying that this deserves a 3 star rating no problem. Check it out if you're passing through Fresno and need somewhere to stay. Only negative although nothing to do with the hotel is that the surrounding streets are quite dark although everything seemed safe enough.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a little special overnight trip with my hubby (First night away from new baby) on Sat night. The ground-floor rooms are nice, newly renovated. I don't know what any of the other rooms look like. I let the front desk know it was a special occasion and they automatically upgraded us to ground floor room at the same price. For the most part, the room appeared very clean. However I must note that the white down comforter appeared to have a small blood spot on it. The main annoyance for me, came when I realized that the fan in the bathroom could not be turned off. So, in order to enjoy the nice large bathtub, I had to take a bath in the dark. Also, we went to dinner and came back a little after 11, changed into our swim clothes, and headed for the spa, only to be informed by the front desk that it closed at 11. There were no signs indicating this, and we were caught completely off guard. This was one of the main reasons I picked the hotel, for the nice spa atmosphere. The hotel would not make an exception and let the two of us enjoy the spa... again, the bathroom fan became a real annoyance....
Also, around 11:30 pm, we opened our blinds only to disconcertingly realize that a police car was parked outside. It made us wonder.
Overall, it was a pretty good stay. We might stay here again but I will probably continue looking for something that's more Fourseasons quality.

• Stayed: April 2013