“Just short of a dive”

Dining options: Reservations
San Diego, California
“Just short of a dive”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This place looks like the kind of place where two people would meet not to consumate a love affair, but to consumate a methamphetamine deal. When cruising around Fresno I thought it would have been a great place to film "Breaking Bad." The ravioli sauce tasted like it was fresh..but fresh from the can. The biggest surprise is that no bottled water was to be served, only water from the spigot and I hate to think about what winds up in Fresno's water.

The food was not horrible but lackluster. Fresno is definitely a far cry from Roma.
Mama Mia..nice to get back to San Diego.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Russell B

Fresno, California
“Original Location (144 Blackstone): Great Banquet Room Experience”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

For our daughter's baptism dinner, my husband and I reserved a large group in the restaurant's banquet room. I booked the room two weeks in advance for 3:30pm. However, on the day of the baptism, our group ended up arriving half hour early. To my pleasant surprise, the banquet room was already set up for us, with ice water on the tables for all of our guests. There were two waitresses taking care of us, and they were incredibly sweet. Each of them were very attentive and provided everything we needed very quickly. We didn't have to worry about providing silverware or plates for the baptism cake we brought in. DiCicco's gave us all of that. The waitresses even offered to cut pieces of the cake so we could visit with our guests. That has never been offered to us before by any restaurant we had a party at. Another pleasant surprise is that the restaurant didn't charge us a fee for using the room. The waitresses didn't pressure us into using the banquet menu either. Some places require you to use the banquet menu and they charge you too.
As for the food, our guests and I have always LOVED DiCicco's. This Italian food is very authentic. I especially love their Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo, Lasagna, and of course, no meal is complete without a taste of the garlic bread or brushetta.
So if you are searching for a resturant with family friendly service, delicious food, and an elegant ambiance, the original DiCicco's is the perfect choice.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank TravelLover322
Riverton, Wyoming
“You'll Go Through Withdrawals!”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Evcery time we visit Fresno we go to DiCiccos! The best, home made, Italian food you could ask for! My favorite thing to get is their cream of zuchinni soup! We've never had bad food, nor bad service, and its a must if you're traveling that way!

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Hannah G
Arizona
“What a bummer”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I'm staying in Fresno for a few weeks and decided to drive to Clovis to check out old town and get a meal. I had been craving lasagna for a while so I decided to try this place out. I ordered a coke and got an ice tea. Ordered a house salad with blue cheese and got some other kind of salad. When I got my lasagna it was steaming hot, but I could immediately taste something wrong. I couldn't believe it, but it tasted like taco beef was used as filling and the ricotta cheese tasted wrong. It tasted like it was a week old. I just hope I'm not praying to the porceline thrown tomorrow. I had five bites and left. Clovis old town is WAY over rated.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank bern2006
Fresno, California
“Great Birthday”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

DiCicco's is the place to go if you want authentic Italian Food.. I took my Daughter there for her Birthday, Our waitress included Free appetizers and Desserts ..Which was really Great,, She made us feel like part of the DiCicco's Family... You can't find Great Service like this Anymore, So I want to Say " Thank You"' for making my daughters Birthday "" A VERY SPECIAL DAY"

• Visited November 2012

Been to DiCicco's? Share your experiences!