New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #61 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
CA
“Worn Out Hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

The hotel is old and not kept well. The grounds are great, but the rooms are not. They are dirty and dark. We will not be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank sharon10606

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

My husband said to me as I was unloading the car (he had already taken things into the room) your not going to like it. We went on a group rate of 13 rooms.
I don't care if a hotel is old, if its clean its ok, but this place was so dirty, The towels and sheets had stains on them. Mold in the shower and dirty grout on the bathroom floor, carpet made your feet black in less than a hour. Another friends room had bugs on the towels and coming out from under the sink faucet. I was told that I need to report this place to the health department..Should of left, but stayed only because of the group we were with and I had my own pillows and blankets.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank shell3800

Travelers are raving about these Fresno hotels

Kingman, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

I unfortunately did not check this hotel out before our trip to Fresno. I wish I had.

We rented 3 rooms. one for 3 days, one for 2 and the other for a single night.

The outside street view of the hotel is beautiful - that is where it ends. When we checked into our room, we were saddened to find that the room was in a bad state of repair. Wallpaper was peeling, paint was peeling, the tiles in the shower had been removed and replaced and the grout/silicon job putting it back was moldy and unprofessional. The cable wires were sticking out of an open box in the wall and the furniture was a joke (see pictures)

Because of several reasons, we stayed. I wish I would have turned around and asked for my money back and gone somewhere else.

After a rough night sleeping between the threadbare sheets we woke up to discover there was only a single bag of coffee, for the one cup coffee maker. We called the front desk to ask where the breakfast was and were told that there was no breakfast. and to top off an already wonderful morning we discovered there was only a single washcloth. grrr.

We got ready, went out, had breakfast at the restaurant next door and returned that afternoon. When we came back we discovered that the housekeeping staff had left us no coffee. I called the front desk, and went up there to get coffee. I get back to the room only to discover there were no coffee cups (for the coffee maker that uses the cup for a pot) I again called the front desk and went up again to get cups.

By this time, my family showed up and when we went to their rooms, we discovered that their rooms were just as bad. In other words, gross.

That night, Friday, when we went to bed it was hard to sleep as the restaurant next door had a band playing and we were treated to the loud thump thump of the music.

The next morning, my family, having spent a sleepless night was awake, working on getting their small children ready for the wedding that we were all in town for. When my son-in-law, who was staying in room 148 went to get in the shower he discovered that the shower was not working. He called the front desk and they said they would send someone over. He did not have time to wait as we had to get to the wedding, He went next door to his brother -in-law's room to shower.

The family staying in the room without a shower were only registered for a single night and not only had to get ready for the wedding, but had to have all their stuff packed up and out of the room as they were checking out that day. There was no time for a repairman to figure out what was wrong and repair it.

As the person paying for all the rooms, I went to the front desk to complain about the room with no shower. I asked for a refund and they offered $10. I refused as I did not feel that was fair.

That evening, after returning to the hotel from after the wedding we found our towels stacked on the desk and not in the bathroom. We put them where they belonged and checked ot see if we had coffee. (we did) and as we laid down to sleep we were again regaled with the thump thump of the band playing next door and fell asleep to the loud music.

When we woke the next morning we were so dissatisfied with the hotel, the staff and everything about the stay we were at our wit's end. To top things off there were again, no coffee cups in the room. Grrr.

I went to the front desk to get my receipts and did not even receive an apology for all that had gone wrong.

The family that owns this has no idea what customer service means, they only care about making money and not customers for life.

One other thing to be aware of was the people who are hanging around at night. Very seedy looking people. Very scary looking and I am suspicious that there were drug deals happening in the parking lot out back.

My final word of advice, Stay away from this dump!

When we woke the ne

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mrtonothorns
Modesto, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2012

I checked in and the first thing you notice is the 20+ cameras in the lobby. The room was dirty, and smaller than it looked in the pictures. I'm not kidding when I say small, it was tiny.

I came down to ask if I could just undo my check in and the lady started yelling at me saying it had already been 7 minutes since I checked in and that she would not refund me the money and that as soon as I checked in she could tell I would be this way. I was very professional, and could not believe an employee was yelling at me because I said the room was small and I felt unsafe.

Stay away at all costs. I have stayed at some nice hotels, and this was the WORST hotel I've ever been to. You'd be better off at Motel 6.

Room Tip: Anywhere that isn't here. The first floor rooms I guess are a bit bigger though.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Christi C
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2011

A member of my family checked into this hotel for a one night stay but checked out after realizing that the room was unclean and other guests had left because of bed bugs. Unfortuantely, our room fee was still charged to the online reservation site that we used so we still had to pay for a room not used. They moved to another hotel close by that was very clean and cheaper! My advice.....don't take a chance with this hotel. You can do a lot better.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Lynn G
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

Without going into details about our unpleasant experience do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else!! We booked our whole two week trip thru California on a booking-site. Every reservation went smoothly until we got to Quality Inn, Fresno. Basically he was trying to get us to pay for an extra night (glad he didn't have our credit card # as per another reviewers complaint about an $80.00 over charge after they got home). We caught him in more than a few lies. He has really run the place down as there were only a few cars in the parking lot the nights we stayed there. After staying there you will totally agree with all the poor ratings on trip advisor because they are the actual travelers trying to warn you. It looks like management is writing the wonderful reviews as the spelling and grammar mistakes are all similar. Also notice each good review has only ever reviewed this hotel which is also highly suspicious. At best this hotel is well below average.

Room Tip: Don't give this hotel your credit card, get receipt and check room first before paying
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank vik28
Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

Hotel was very tired and room dirty---bed smelt of urine. Restaurant next door fine, but all in all not a pleasant experience

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family