“Cierra...nasty front desk” 1 of 5 bubbles

Piccadilly Inn Shaw
Ranked #8 of 64 Hotels in Fresno
“Cierra...nasty front desk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I check in this Cierra front was nasty. Piccadilly Inn wants you to initial your name on each "stated that you will pay for any broken items in the room and your credit card will be charge" so you initial after that. Anyway Cierra stated that's" IF" something happen that you vandalize the room. I had to say the word "IF" is NOT on the sheet. Therefore this means that you pay anyways "IF" you didn't do it. I travel a lot and I never heard this before. However when I asked Cierra to write an "IF" on the sheet and initial it. Cierra gave an attitude remark with eye rolling and an aspersion remarks. Not a good representative of Piccadilly.

When I got back to my room after seminar @9pm I was about to lay down in bed I saw the sheet was not change with stains and a shoe mark on sheet. Straws and a raisin on the floor. Looks like the room has not been clean just tidy up after a guest left. Oh shower curtain was also bad. I had to take pictures in all the nasty things in the room. I called front desk don't understand why asked me so many questions. I felt I was being blamed by these dirty sheets rather than just give you another room...so they gave me another room and after moving to another room I forgot my $20.00 water bottle (bought from REI). I called front desk again and spoke to Cierra she stated that she will get it but waited for several hours she didn't come. I went to the front desk and sure enough she forgot my water bottle. I was really NOT satisfy with all the services Piccadilly provide....specially the bad attitude and demeanor of the front desk lady (Cierra)....I will never go back there again....Nope NOT recommending this Piccadilly Inn Shaw...never again!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank luv_yu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Korean first
Benicia, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I was concerned about the smoking/non smoking rooms. I emailed the contact on the website. Julius responded immediately easing my concerns. Piccadilly Inn is a cute, comfortable hotel. A great find. The room was very comfortable, the grounds were clean and nice. The staff was excellent. Will definitely return if in Fresno again. Thank You Julius and your entire Staff

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Edison class of 2003 had a blast at the Piccadilly Inn on Shaw. The table decorations made the room look amazing. We had a night of appetizers, drinks, and dancing. The presentation of the food was fantastic. I think everyone had a great time, and to be honest, the room was a lot better looking than I expected it to be. Misty Hicks, the event coordinator, was very accommodating and flexible. She did a wonderful job! During the event, the staff were very friendly and even pulled out an extra table for us to place our props for the "photo booth" experience we created.I recommend this venue for special events!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

My family and I just traveled to Fresno from DC last month to attend a family reunion. Our first flight from Baltimore was cancelled, so we arrived a day later than planned. The Piccadilly Inn held our room for us and did not charge us for the missed night. That was nice of them.

Check-in service was friendly and quick and the room was ok. As I understand, they are in the process of updating rooms and beds, but I think we got one of the rooms that has not yet been renovated. The AC didn't work that well in our room, which can be a problem in Fresno. It was either on full blast and the room was like an ice box, or it was off and the room was stuffy.

That being said, the grounds were nice and the pool was a lot of fun for our daughter. The breakfast fare is about what you'd expect from any mid-range hotel.

Maid service is good. My one complaint about the maid service is that I'm not sure they vacuum the room thoroughly. We found a pill on the ground by the bedside table from a previous guest. We googled the pill and found out it was a very strong dose of acetaminophen that could have made our 15 month old daughter sick if she had found it instead of us. So, they really need to make sure they vacuum more carefully.

They provided a pack 'n play for our daughter to sleep in. We had been under the impression we would get a full crib, but it ended up working out.

Overall, it was a good stay. The hotel is old and shows its age, but it worked for our purposes, as our family reunion was held at the restaurant right across the street.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Indio, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We travel to Fresno a couple of times a year to visit friends. We always stay at the Piccadilly Shaw. It is starting to show its age, but it is always clean, quiet and comfortable. The rooms are a good size and attractive. They allow pets, have a lawn with a clean-up station and I feel comfortable walking my small dog around the grounds. The free breakfast is pretty good. They offer the regular bread and pastries, but they usually have scrambled eggs, sausage and a waffle station. There is a restaurant, Oliver's on site, although we have never eaten there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a good night's sleep and a cozy environment.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the inside, away from the main street.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Arcadia, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We took off after work on Thursday night for a getaway to SF from LA and Fresno was the perfect stop to divide the trip into two. From the start, Piccadilly Inn looked very cozy. It had little cottages on the side of the main lobby that differentiated it from the cookie cutter Extended Stay or Holiday Inn. The grounds were nicely manicured and the staff was super friendly! From calling ahead to using a highlighter on printed maps to guide us to our rooms, we felt VERY taken care of. They even had a huge water dispenser in the lobby with slices of cucumber and cups for us to refresh ourselves during the daytime! There is a pool for the children and huge meeting rooms able to accommodate up to 200 at a time! This is a place I would stay at again and again! MUST SEE!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Cerritos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had a week-end men's retreat and had a great time. The check-in went smooth, the food was served on time, and as promised. The quantity & quality of food was superb. This was our tenth (10) consecutive year @ the Piccadilly, we have been treated special on every visit. The complete staff is courteous, friendly, knowledgeable & professional.

Room Tip: Just choose King or two Queens
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends