“Clean rooms, need updating.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Piccadilly Inn Shaw

Piccadilly Inn Shaw
Ranked #7 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Clean rooms, need updating.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We needed a room due to an A/C outage in our home. Friends that come to visit for family events, always stay at this location, because it's close to things on the Northwest side of town and it's safe. The staff was friendly and quick to resolve issues (running toilet and a bum keycard). I felt we paid a fair price for the room. The room, definitely needed updating--wall paper peeling and calk in the shower and seen better days. The bed and furnishings were comfortable. The free breakfast left a lot to be desired. I skipped it completely. I missed out on the review hotel and get $5 Starbucks gift card, from the front desk!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

A.nice clean hotel. Pool is decent and good temp. Clean rooms. Could use some.updating bit not bad. Free breakfast worked out good with sausage eggs and.a belgium.waffles maker. Ovwrall its one of tje best hotels in Fresno

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We were just passing through one night on the way to Yosemite. I found the hotel very cute and I was surprised by how big the rooms were for the price! There is an outback nearby which is great considering we have gift cards and I am pretty sure it is not too far from fresh n easy. I was happy with the pool since I didn't even think there would be a pool. Overall it was a pretty good hotel with nice outdoor decoration.

• Stayed July 2013
washington state
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I was visiting Fresno from the seattle area to see family, I'd never been to fresno before and was a little worried because I kept hearing how "ghetto and dirty" the city was... So I was pretty particular in wanting to stay at a hotel that felt safe and was clean the other catch was we were on a budget. We found that in our price range the Picadilly Inn on shaw got the best reviews and was right in our budget! First let me say that fresno was not as ghetto or dirty as I expected and the location of this hotel was in a very nice area! I felt perfectly safe there. The rooms were VERY spacious and clean almsot felt like an apartment but with no kitchen, I loved how roomy it was. Bed was really comfortable and as some oen who has back issues that was nice! Pillows were nice and plush and sheets were clean! There was a nice little vanity area next to the bathroom and had a closet behind it that was great for putting on make up and fixing my hair and getting dressed. Did I mention how roomy and big this room was? ;) My poor husband unfortunately was sick two of the days we stayed there but he said if he had to be sick on vacation it was nice to be in such a comfy bed in a spacious hotel room that felt more like an apartment. It was also close to lots of restaurants and stores I was able to load my hubby up on cold meds from the Walgreens down the street. There was a really cool keurig machine in the room with coffee and tea (I want one of those machines so bad)as well as a refrigerator, iron and borad and hair dryer.

I used the pool one day with my little sister and we had a blast. I don't think it's heated though because it's a bit chilly when you first get in.. but in that hot fresno sun it felt refreshing.

Breakfast was great for a hotel breakfast! sausage links, scrambled eggs, waffles, toast, cereal, mini muffins, bananas and apples ,OJ, milk, coffee and there could be more that I'm forgetting.

My one and only minor complaint would be upon check out I looked at my online banking account to see what I had been charged. And I found that I had been charged an extra $150 dollars. I asked the front desk lady why and she said when using a debit card there is a minimum hold put on the card.. we were leaving back on the long drive to seattle so I realyl needed those funds available for gas and such the front desk lady seemed really unwilling to help me all the other employees were very kind and helpful through out my stay but this one lady seemed a little annoyed by me asking when I'd get my funds back and brushed me off to help another customer when I wasn't through talking yet. they said i would take 3-5 days to show back up in my account so that was that and I left. Now in there defense there is a sign posted right there that tells you there is $150 minimum hold when using a debit card.. but in my defense I had just driven 14 hours from seattle checked in half awake asleep practically and I think it would have been courteous to verbally mention this to people as well while checking in so they are aware of it and not just count on every one seeing the sign.

All in all I'd definitely stay there again and recommend it regardless of that minor incident I think it was a great find!

Room Tip: we stayed in sherwood building and were very happy with our room!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Davis, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

This is our third night here; we're in Fresno to be close to family at Fresno Community Hospital, which is about 15 minutes away. This motel is in a nice, safe neighborhood with many shops and restaurants nearby. The check in staff is very friendly and helpful...especially Shak! Particularly due to the heat wave, it's a treat to find a large dispenser with infused water with ice welcoming guests.

Our first and third nights were in room 343...very roomy, and air conditioner unit in your room that you can control. Second night in 171 was a centralized unit...although there was an individual control, we were unable to notch the temperature up without turning it off completely. We also found the internet didn't work as well in that room; although we can't be sure if this was coincidence, but we thus asked for our original room and internet is better tonight!

(Not that I would expect one, but neither of our rooms had a Kurig coffee maker...mentioned in a previous review).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

What a lovely Hotel, beutiful green area well keep, the staff was extremly helpful, help me with all types of directions to the National Park, the breackfast Buffet was excellent, nice big room, clean, and great renovation all the way around.
thanks for making my visit so easy.
I would definately stay there agaain!!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Aside from the half hour wait to check in we had a great stay here. We're pretty low maintenance guests and this had more than everything we need. Nice big rooms, good continental breakfast and great value. We only stayed one night on our vacation between Sequoia National Park and Yosemite. One gripe I do have is that reviewers can get a $5 gift card for Starbucks by posting a review to trip advisor. There is no incentive to post a good review, they will take any review, but I still think that is a bad practice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family