“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 65 Hotels in Fresno
Felton, CA
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel had large rooms, nice pool and grounds area and a very nice expanded continental breakfast. We were very happy with our choice to stay here. The desk clerk was very pleasant and helpful. The restaurant and bar had good food but the service was a little slow.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your valuable feedback and comments, we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently renovating the rooms, with Flat Screen TV’s, 32 cable channels including HBO. I am glad your meal in Oliver’s was good, and we do apologize that service was slow. We are making many changes to Oliver’s Pub as well, including new dinner menu and happy hour offerings. We look forward to your next stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We travel to Fresno between two and five times a year and have for the past seven years. Each time we make a visit we stay at the Picadilly in Shaw. Our family is pleased with the clean, friendly accommodations and enjoy the waffles and breakfast to boot! While the Picadilly Inn Shaw may not be the newest hotels you will be hard pressed to find another hotel in Fresno that has the dedication to customer satisfaction and amenities for the price. A definite winner.

Room Tip: The suites in the golf coursed named rooms are perfect for extended stays with children.
    • 5 of 5 stars
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed you stay with us. We are about to begin some upgrades to our sleeping rooms, we hope that next time you visit Fresno, you stay with us again and check out our all our new changes.
Fresno, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I have stayed at the Piccadilly Inn Shaw a few times now and each visit I have been very happy with the value for money. The rooms are always clean, well maintained, and are quite spacious. I will definately stay here again! The hotel also serves a complimentary continental breakfast in the restaurant.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your sleeping room meet your expectations. Our Breakfast is served daily in Oliver's Pub and we are always looking for ways to improve, I am glad you were able to enjoy it.
Sanger, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We were in need of a last minute hotel on New Years and were pleasantly surprised with the quick accomadations available for our stay @ Piccadilly Inn Hotel on West Shaw in Fresno, Ca. The accessibility to near by freeways were a plus, the comfort and cleanliness of the rooms were a Bonus!

Room Tip: Definitely 3Star or Above Quality..
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
I am glad we were able to help you Ring in the New Year. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We have some new upgrades happening soon and look forward to your next stay with us.
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here overnight for a family get together in Fresno. Pros: the location is good , plenty of free parking, there is a complimentary breakfast.the room was clean and good size and the bed was comfortable. We paid $89 for a dbl room with 2 queen beds on a Sat night.
Cons: The rooms are decorated in 80's decor, mauve and burgundy everywhere, shiny brass, old 20 in TVs. Cultured marble sinks in the bathroom and shower are likely from the 70's.
The complimentary breakfast is held in their bar area which is cozy with a fireplace. However, they ran out of biscuits and coffee creamer. The biscuits were substituted with sausage which was good but quickly was gobbled up by the high number of guests eating breakfast. it was odd that all of the plates were china with real silverware but the coffee cups were styrofoam.

Room Tip: Avoid any room facing the parking lot or street; the rooms facing the courtyard are quieter.
1 Thank sacramentomom61
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Piccadilly Inn Shaw, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank you for recent visit to the Piccadilly Inn Shaw and your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear your room was comfortable and the breakfast met your needs. The Piccadilly Inn Shaw has changed ownership and with this comes great changes. Some of the many changes include new flat screen TV’s, additional TV channel options, bathroom’s countertops will have new granite and also updating of our bedding. This has begun and should all be complete by Spring 2013. If you find yourself back in Fresno, please give us an opportunity to show you all our changes.

Cleburne, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

This is an older hotel that has not been updated since the 1980's. Though it was very clean and the rooms were very spacious. The front staff was nice. Though I checked in late in the evening, and he gave me the room number and some vague directions to the room, and it was pretty dark walking to the room. Breakfast and WIFI were included.

I reserved the room online. After I checked the price I called the hotel to see if they would match it, which the would not. This was a fine hotel for the price I paid. But, if I had paid any more I would have thought I had overpaid.

• 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to hear your room met your needs. We are under new ownership and are currently updating our rooms, which includes new bedding, TV’s, granite and also additional TV channels. I am very sorry to hear that my staff was not able to match your rate. We always do our best to honor price match requests, as long as the availability. If you are ever back in Fresno in the next couple months, please give us an opportunity to show you all our new changes.

Woodinville, Washington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I grew up in Fresno and knew that Piccadilly Inn was in a fairly nice area and had a good reputation. My family enjoyed a stay at the Inn on a visit about 10 years ago. My husband and I spent the weekend of Dec. 8th at Piccadilly Inn. We were extremely disappointed. When we walked into the wing our room was in it smelled very much like a bad nursing home (urine). My husband thought it had an old smoker's room smell. Needless to say, we won't be staying there again!

• 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank Sandy K
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your visit with us. Once our staff is made aware of guest concerns like the one you experienced, we make them a priority. The staff should have offered to assist you by either moving rooms or buildings or asking you that what else we could do to assist you and making your stay an enjoyable one. We do have some smoking rooms available that are located in a separate building, so that our non smoking guests are not to be affected. My apologies again for not meeting your expectations during your visit, we have some exciting renovations coming our way and if you’re every back in Fresno I hope you would give us another opportunity to show.