Hotel Piccadilly
$129
$80
$76
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $87/night.

$109
Hampton.com
$102
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $123/night.

$100
HIExpress.com
$85
Hotels.com
$84
$72
$99
All reviewsputting greensausagebanquet roompotatoesbreakfast staffrooms are spaciousthe air conditioninghot breakfastwafflesplenty of parkingmistyreneeshawregencybungalowcerealjacuzzi
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I stayed at the Piccadilly Shaw for business and found it to be pleasant with helpful staff. The grounds are very well maintained, as have been noted by others, and the pool was a welcome sight on a 95 degree day. The whole hotel might benefit from a face lift, as the compound felt like a time warp to the mid 1980's. The walls were a little thin and the bathroom fixtures could use an upgrade. Nevertheless, the room was clean, appropriately climate controlled, and at a good price. There is not a lot within walking distance in terms of restaurants and attractions, but this is a common problem in a car-centered city like Fresno.

Room Tip: Rooms further from the road will obviously have less noise, as will corner units.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank RedSoxRunner
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Hotel Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am happy to hear that we met your expections during your stay with us. We are currently under new ownership and are happy to say that we are indeed refreshing the property, from exterior paint to new Television's, improved channels, bathroom upgrades and many more upgrades property wide. If you find yourself back in the Fresno area, please stay with us again and see the changes that have been made.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

We recently traveled to Kings Canyon National Park and needed a place to stay overnight. We arrived late and left early the next morning. The staff was very accommodating especially considering we called at the last minute. While the hotel needs some updating and the cleaning could be more thorough, overall it was fairly clean and the beds were comfortable. It was very quiet and we were able to get a good nights rest and have hot showers in the morning.
The WiFi was a nice plus. The cable wasn't great but we weren't there to watch TV anyway.
Location was fantastic. It's near a very nice shopping center (Fig Garden Village) that had a Whole Foods and some great restaurants.
We usually stay at the standard chain hotels when we travel to somewhere we aren't familiar with but if we had to stay in Fresno again, we would stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank plumcot
Management response:Responded June 28, 2012

Thank you for your valuable comments. I am sorry to hear that your room was not up to our regular cleaning standards. Customer service is what we pride ourselves on as well as offering a comfortable clean room, I am happy that our staff took care of you during your visit. We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

My father, mother & I stayed at this hotel on May 24,2012 - checked out May 27, 2012. This was our very 1st visit to Fresno, Ca. We came from Texas as a surprise for my Uncle's Wedding. This hotel was recommended by a family member because it is located across the street from Pardini's, which is where my Uncle's wedding took place.
We stayed in the Augusta Building and although the rooms were spacious they were really out-dated. We could have did without the spider webbs & spiders. The top surface of the rooms were clean. But I dropped my earring & looked for it under the bed, well that's when I discovered all the spider-Webbs.
The t.v., only has a few channels they call cable, Not!!! My Dad is a major sports & movies person. He had to leave everyday & go visit with my cousin just to watch real cable television. Which was very inconvenience to my handicap father. Somedays he just wanted to hang in the room while me & my mom went shopping around.
The bathroom....OMG!!! It took us 1 hour each just to take a shower, due to the Hot Water Running slower than my 90 year old Grandmother walks. The tub was not something I would sit in to take a bath, it had rust & stained dirt spots. We can not forget about the spiders & their webbs in the bathroom as well....
The beds were so hard felt as if I was sleeping on a pile of bricks. Didn't make for a good night sleep.

Now, I will say the maid staff was super super nice, the breakfast was really good & the location was great.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back were the Augusta Building is located is out-dated.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Angela P
PiccShawGM, General Manager at Hotel Piccadilly, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2012

Thank you for your valued comments. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations during your visit. We clearly were not up to our usualy standards. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and that our staff was friendly and helpful. We have made improvements and changes in our housekeeping standards and Television ,channel options and mattresses are something that is part of our upgrading process. We hope if your ever back in Fresno, that you give us another opportunity to show you all our changes and improvements.

Reviewed June 4, 2012

Our stay was comfortable. The room was clean. Management was accommodative in giving us an extra night even though they were heavily booked for the weekend. Did not get a chance to try the pool or jacuzzi it was a busy weekend, hardly stayed in the room. The television remote did not work, but the wifi I used open my iPad made it up, I hardly watch tv.it was quiet. Its not the ritz or Boston but it was okay for the price. But if you want luxury this is not the place for you. I have stayed in plush places and not even sure you can find a place like that in Fresno. Personally I love. Hotels that spend time on the little things like featherdown comforters and dainty toiletries in the bathroom. I did use the coffee maker and it worked fine. We had a problem with the door locking which we reported to management luckily nothing was stolen.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your valued comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry that your locks were not working, guest safety, and securing valueables are one of our highest priorities. Thank you again for reporting the incident to our staff.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

After staying in the Clovis area I found this old gem which was much closer to shopping areas and had a much better rate. The hotel itself is a little blast from the early 90's past, but it is very clean, affordable and ideally located right in the middle of old and new Fresno. Good internet speed, but not too many TV channels to pick from.

Room Tip: I've heard rumor of getting a better rate if you book online using their website.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank your for your comments and feedback. I am glad that after serving the Fresno area for over 36 years that you found Fresno's (old gem) We look forward to your next stay with us and your always welcome to contact the hotel direct and ask for the Best Available Rate.